BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Motd

thenodrog

Funny stuff on MoTD.

1. Lawrenson looked aghast that he might have committed an 'Atkinson' i.e. a career threatening faux pas by using the term 'Jesse', especially as Ray Stubbs kept bringing it up through the show and even asking Lawro to explain what a 'Jesse' was. :lol:

btw Does anyone know where the term 'Jesse' actually came from? Nearest I can rem is years ago elderly people usually referring to effeminate men as 'Jesse Getana's'.

2. Ray Stubbs revealed that Michael Chopra has been having problems with a gambling addiction and in the very next sentence Shearer dived in with both feet by saying that Cisse and A N Other simply 'weren't at the races today'! :lol:

Funny stuff on MoTD.

1. Lawrenson looked aghast that he might have committed an 'Atkinson' i.e. a career threatening faux pas by using the term 'Jesse', especially as Ray Stubbs kept bringing it up through the show. :lol: Thing is does anyone know where the term 'Jesse' came from? Nearest I can rem is elderly people usually referring to effeminate men as 'Jesse Getana's'.

2. Ray Stubbs revealed that Michael Chopra has been having problems with a gambling addiction and in the very next sentence Shearer dived in with both feet by saying that Cisse and A N Other simply 'weren't at the races today'! :lol:

But the usual "oh, by the way some teams played at Ewood and we won't even bother discussing it". Some things don't change

the "Jesse" comment had me laughing.

The lack of coverage did not, it would seem the media have no knowledge of whats going on at Ewood on talksport they said "hughes" had used all 3 of his subs (I could have sworn our manager was Ince).

On top of that the Telegraph has our headline as Friedel Heroices save the day, PROOF READING you muppets.

Does anyone know where the term 'Jesse' actually came from? Nearest I can rem is years ago elderly people usually referring to effeminate men as 'Jesse Getana's'.

Does this sound believable: -

screaming great jessie

Australian slang, imported from Scotland, for a man who although straight behaves in a whiny, complaining and non-masculine manner.

e.g. what's wrong with you, you screaming great jessie? Get on that roof and clean out the gutters.

But the usual "oh, by the way some teams played at Ewood and we won't even bother discussing it". Some things don't change

The fact is, 11,000 empty seats is not a good advertisment for football, whether it be bbc, sky or whatever.

In most media minds, we will always be down there with the likes of Fulham, Wigan Bolton etc

This isn't really about MOTD but on the BBC today in the summing up bit I didn't hear mention of the fact that Man U had seven players booked this afternoon. I didn't see the game so I cannot comment on the incidents but if that was us I'm sure it would have been mentioned, or maybe I'm just paranoid.

Surely, the most awesome moment on MOTD was Alan Shearer's mindbendingly interesting opinion on what should happen next at Newcastle.

He basically said nothing in about 500 hundred words.

For me the funniest thing - was Ray Stubbs asking Shearer to concentrate on West Ham before talking about Newcastle. Shearer then spent 5 minutes explaining how Newcastle's poor defence led to their defeat - you couldn't make it up.

Even I would find it hard to justify putting out 1-0 win over Fulham anywhere else but last on last nights MoTD.

I agree - but some comment - no matter how poor - would have been nice.

For me the funniest thing - was Ray Stubbs asking Shearer to concentrate on West Ham before talking about Newcastle. Shearer then spent 5 minutes explaining how Newcastle's poor defence led to their defeat - you couldn't make it up.

I agree - but some comment - no matter how poor - would have been nice.

Precisely. there were reasons why all the other games were shown before ours - Tees- Wear derby, Steven Gerrard's possible hundredth goal, WEst Ham new manager against Newcastle everbody's favourite joke and Arsenal Bolton plenty of goals and an Arsenal performance to get the pundits drooling. That bit I understood and accepted but it was the way they had absolutely nothing to say and never have even if we play stunningly well that annoyed me.

the "Jesse" comment had me laughing.

The lack of coverage did not, it would seem the media have no knowledge of whats going on at Ewood on talksport they said "hughes" had used all 3 of his subs (I could have sworn our manager was Ince).

On top of that the Telegraph has our headline as Friedel Heroices save the day, PROOF READING you muppets.

If you are talking about the Sunday Telegraph, they must have changed their haedlines later as my paper has "Relieved Ince pays tribute to Robinson."

I have now read on and seen that other people have dealt with this!!

One person who likes us is radio 5 live's commentator Alan Green. He quite often says "I do like Blackburn."

I remember him commentating on Spurs v Rovers two or three seasons ago when Lucas Neill was playing for us. Sinama-Pongole and Bellamy scored for us but we lost 3-2.

Green was enthusing about "this excellent game of football". And it really was a good game even for the neutrals.

He still likes us.

The Sunday Times league table showed that we were next to bottom! They hadn`t realised that we had played yesterday even though the other teams who also played had their positions shown correctly. They did have a match report though and Andrews was MOM! Perhaps a neutral can see things that many Rovers fans cant.

West Ham v Newcastle looked like an exciting game and between Zola's appointment and Ashley's woes, was the biggest news story of the day. Arsenal v Bolton had plenty of talking points and put the Gunners top of the league. Liverpool v Stoke had the major talking point of Gerrard's goal being chalked off. Sunderland v Boro is a local derby.

We were last because of the five games there was nothing to talk about. Every club's fans seem to obsess over things when they're on MOTD last - City used to have the biggest shoulder-chip about it. Don't let Rovers go the same way.

Archived