BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] West Brom Preview

colin

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be our bad luck if West Brom finally click and turn their pretty football into goals.

But I think that is a key point- this won't be a scrap as both teams are set up to play passing football. However, West Brom don't have the physical presence of a Premier League outfit so Rovers should prevail if we play as well as last night adainst a significantly better team than the Baggies.

Rovers to be without RSC but to win 3-1 regardless.

Will be nothing to do with bad luck phillipl more as sure sign of our own inability.

No excuses, this has to be a victory not another game where we manage to be the team that gives the opposition its best performance of the season.

Must win says it all, not just to please some moaning fans but to get the spirit up in the camp, confidence back in the players and something to kick start our season. The only problem I can see with this game is the players are going to be disheartened by the fact they play well and still lose so may go into this game a little downbeat or alternatively there may be some complacency. Ince needs to get the players up for this game and drill it into them that only a win is acceptable. It does not look good if we cannot beat West Brom, especially after Newcastle beat them and we seemed to beat Newcastle comfortably (although the scoreline didn't reflect that). I know we are away from home but I say go for it.

Lose this one and Ince's job is firmly on the line.

O.K. no pressure then. :huh:

Get a grip FFS.

Why should that be, even if we lost we still wouldn't be in the relegation zone.

At the moment eleven of the twenty Premiership Clubs have less than or the same points than us, two more (including Saint Mark) have one more, Portsmouth two more.

Out of those fourteen clubs, should they all sack their manager as well if they lose at the weekend?

Saturday will see the Blackburn Rovers syndrome firmly attaching itself to the Throstles.

Everyone on here knows that Rovers will roll into the Midland home at the Hawthorns, roll over and provide 3 points to WBA.

Its proven history of Rovers offering gifts to clubs doing badly, it NEVER EVER reciprocates itself to Rovers. <_<

ACCEPTING DEFEAT????

YOUR NO FAN!!

[/irony]

you can put as much irony on as you want....I NEVER ACCEPT DEFEAT IN ANY WALK OF LIFE ,DEFEAT IS FOR LOSERS!!!!!

NO FAN ????? ARE YOU ON DRUGS OR SOME SORT OF BRAINDEAD???

cant see us winning ??? doesnt mean i want us to lose: muppet. :

O.K. no pressure then. :huh:

Get a grip FFS.

Why should that be, even if we lost we still wouldn't be in the relegation zone.

theres a srrong chance we could be after the chelsea game.

and if we win, you be saying Ince is a legend no doubt!!!!!

Do not assume anything about me. If we beat WBA, I will congratulate Ince and the lads. I won't be calling him a "legend" based on one result.

Do not assume anything about me. If we beat WBA, I will congratulate Ince and the lads. I won't be calling him a "legend" based on one result.

so if we loose against West Brom, you will be calling for his head then won't you, dont be so daft you muppet

so if we loose against West Brom, you will be calling for his head then won't you, dont be so daft you muppet

And why not? If we "loose" against relegation fodder, is it going to be the same old excuses? We played well? Blah blah. Sometimes it's better to nip a problem in the bud before it's too late.

And why not? If we "loose" against relegation fodder, is it going to be the same old excuses? We played well? Blah blah. Sometimes it's better to nip a problem in the bud before it's too late.

oh yes and Ince has been given loads of time as well!!!!, give it at rest FFS, if we finish mid table this season it will a good one regarding Ince's first season at the club. He needs time and support from the real fans of Blackburn Rovers and not stupid people like you calling for his head.

Gaz I have to disagree with you on that one about a mid table finish being good.

We appear to be taking three steps backwards (maybe more some would say) to take a step forward.

Our team wasnt broken, it was established, it was hard to beat, good hard football capable of being played, the willingness for a fight, the stand up camaderie, the win at all cost 11 on the pitch, the shirt etc, I am sure you know what I mean.

Then we lose our manager, back room and two players, TWO PLAYERS one of whom is replaced by an ENGLAND KEEPER.

So, if my sums are right, that means we only really had to replace BENTLEY BIG GOB BUZZIN SUPERMAN.

Now, 8 weeks in the job or not (pre season kick off that is) Ince and co should really have made that their priority and on that point alone they appear to have failed miserably.

The midfield issues were NOT addressed adequately, although I do have to say I was impressed with Grella v Boro.

This current team know about fighting for results, it has been inbred into them for 2 years and more now.

So, can we or can someone please identify what the reason is for this aspect of Rovers play disappearing ?

Teams were frightened to death of Rovers now they cant wait to play us.

So now, for some to accept mid table mediocrity, a loss of prize money in the region of £5m maybe more, it beggars belief as acceptable. A £5m outlay on a top midfielder would have paid for itself, results might have been better and we might have been sitting pretty in 6th spot, wehre I may add I think we should be right now.

Our team is not a toy or plaything. This is serious business becasue we all realise that should Rovers ever go down, we are not going to get back again. That is the stark reality of relegation. In the Championship, we couldnt cope with the loss of our star players like we did when we came back up, crowds would virtually disappear again to the mid 15k range if we were lucky enough to sustain such support and we would gradually see the funds dry up.

28 games left of this season and Rovers manaement do not appear to have a clue as to what the best team is, the best formation or the tactical nouse to beat teams such as Boro, Bolton, Hull and the like, God knows what they will think next weekend when CFC and their allstars come to Ewood Park. May be for that game we will employ a 1-9-1 formation, you never know it might just work. ;)

That is what I said yesterday, I said I looked at Villa away and didn't think we would win.

You went cRaZy saying I wanted us to lose.

YOUVE NEVER seen me go crazy..where have i done that?

your like a piece of spuggy stuck to a shoe.

Looking forward to this 1, fancy us to win easily. Haven't been to the Hawthorns since about 1989 when there was a bloke sat on the terracres behind me spewing up through the entire game while people were getting lobbed out all around him. The police just ignored him while people were getting removed for offences such as raising their voices and clapping. I also recall being comically confronted by a gang of curly haired, dungaree and tucked in jumper brigaders outside after the game. You couldn't make it up.

Anyone know any decent boozers in the area and also the best way to get there from the City Centre.

Verbatem copy from Lawro's Prediction on the BBC web page:

We all know haw important confidence is in this game and Blackburn are a team who look to be lacking in it at present.

Although they played decently at Villa they came away with absolutely nothing and that's been the story of the last few weeks for them really.

There cause is not being helped by noises coming out of the club that Roque Santa Cruz might want to leave and if they're in the bottom four come January I think they'll struggle to keep hold of him.

West Brom would be happy with a draw just to stop the rot of three defeats on the spin.

Verdict: 1-1

Archived