Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been a fervent supporter of this club for 38 years.

This current Rovers set up has singlehandedly extinguished the Blue and White fire that burned so brightly in my heart.

Although today suffering from flu virus, i hoped amongst hpe that Ince had turned the corner and had got it right. Quite simply, he hasnt got what is required to run this club.

Looking to the future, if there is one, Rovers can look forward to playing in a 3/4 empty ground, with players who wont make the benches of most championship squads and with no hope of ever achieving the standards that this club has seen in the last 15 or so seasons.

I wonder if JW and the board have realistically taken a decision that BRFC is no longer sustainable as a Premiership club.

Yes, we dont have the crowds and we very rarely sell out. We dont have the attracttion of a high profile sponsor.

Rovers, through the years, have had experts behind the scenes who were never afraid to take the right decisions. In that, I include Bill Fox alongside Sir Jack. The time has now arrived for the most important decision about the club in 6 years.

For me its simple.

Stay with Ince and we disappear.

Sack Ince and we have at least got a chance of survival.

correct me if I miss heard but did he say

Its not down to me its down to the players.

/quote]

If its " down to the players "..what exactly is the point of paying squillions to a so called team of coaches? ( I use the term advisedly for Mssrs Ince and Winterburn) .

As someone used to say .." what do they do in training?

What is Ince aiming for our worse ever run of losses? Well it won't be long now !

just listened to ince's post match interview. when asked about the fans pointing the finger at him he said "once my players cross that white line - it is down to them, there is nothing as a manager i can do after that, and to be 2 down inside 15 mins is unaceptable" then he went on to say the club needs to invest in new players in order for us to move forward from this position :o

'Cos Oliver Holt is a (Please don't use that word again)ing moron with an obviously deliberate controversial agenda designed to sell papers.

tell you what if he can use my going for a beer as racist then he should go for it,whats the best way for compo for me.

This is a crisis of management- very simply it is purely that and not much else.

Ince could not have had a better set of circumstances to produce a good result than today's game

He had a nearly fully fit squad to chose from

He had the Chairman's support

The players had rallied round

The Chairman had done a brilliant job in calming the supporters and the supporters really did their stuff backing the team at the JJB.

And the result was something I never thought I would ever write but here goes:

WE WERE OUTCLASSED BY A WIGAN TEAM MANAGED BY STEVE BRUCE.

STEVE BRUCE!!! outclassed a Rovers side- what a totally shaming disgrace that is.

As I see it (and I have pinched some of these words), all of the following have gone wrong and every one of them is a problem that is attributable to Paul Ince and NOBODY ELSE:

1) Fitness and strength. We are talking about professional sportsmen competing against each other and at this level the odd percentage point of sharpness and muscle power is the difference between winning and losing. It is the difference between Rovers winning 50/50s and intimidating Prem opponents last season and us losing every 50/50 and being intimidated ourselves this season.

2) Supply to forwards. There is none worthy of the name to four forwards who as a group are amongst the best balanced on paper in the league. This afternoon it was all Hollywood balls trying to be passed through to RSC and it was EASY EASY for the defensive superman that is Titus Bramble. What an horrific mistake to even contemplate letting Bentley go without having a replacement. If a hero like Brad was forced to stay until Robinson was signed, why wasn't Bentley similarly treated?

3) Movement. Ince says he wants to play attractive football but when we are in posession the movement off the ball to get into position to be available for the man with the ball to pass to is worse than pathetic. Watch the Rovers string passes together and every pass we make gets more ambitious and more dangerous as the move goes on as we make it SO easy for the opponents to isolate the man in posession. After three passes, there are invariably no easy short options for the Rovers player with the ball. This afternoon we looked like a bunch of schoolkids compared with the shapes adopted by the Wigan side- utterly embarassing.

4) Defending from the front. We saw this in spades in the Hughes regime and it is totally missing at present. No defence can withstand the opposition getting free runs at pace at it yet that is what our defenders face repeatedly every single game. We saw it bring the opposition the winning goals for Sunderland and Portsmouth. Good defensive habits that were second nature are completely forgotten and we are seeing our players pulled out of position and opponents getting men over time after time, game after game.

5) Random selection. Ince is rotating his side like crazy- far more than injuries or suspensions warrant. What is our back 4 unit? There isn't one. So many players out of position EVERY GAME. Substitutions- bonkers time and again requiring players to be moved out of position to accommodate subs.

6) Failed transfers. Andrews is no more a Premier League player than I was at my considerable peak (cough). Fowler is a totally failed decision, Grella is a sicknote and that was known before E5m got shelled out (I hope it was shelled out too given the collapse of £ is making him 25% more expensive now if we didn't foward buy Euros to pay the balance), the new right winger is a ghost.

This is 100% a crisis that starts, begins and ends in the Manager's office and will drag the Chairman down as well if John Williams does not act to end this farce.

Stay with Ince and we disappear.

Sack Ince and we have at least got a chance of survival.

Big problem is that I'm not sure that we can attract a decent manager anymore. In fact I may be making 2+2=5 but imo if we'd got a half decent replacement lined up Ince would already have been dismissed.

All the hard work done by Mark Hughes and his men in the previous years, has just been undone by Paul Ince and his clowns in a matter of less than half of a season.

Ince must be fired.

Agree up to a point but failing to back Hughes, who must have known some players wanted out badly and the legs had gone on others, at the end of last season is where the real fault lies. Looking back now we probably needed to ship in 5 quality players and failed to get any board interest at all. For instance who's idea was it to play Emo Right wing? That notion was about before Ince came.

The Trustees are failing the trust.

However it's not just us. Had lunch with Rick Parry last week and Liverpool are looking just as iffy off the field. However there manager has had the guts to bang the table and keep the players together. (Chaos behind the scenes though)

just listened to ince's post match interview. when asked about the fans pointing the finger at him he said "once my players cross that white line - it is down to them, there is nothing as a manager i can do after that, and to be 2 down inside 15 mins is unaceptable" then he went on to say the club needs to invest in new players in order for us to move forward from this position :o

hes just a gibbering fool!..i dont care what people say about not posting personal things about him,when it comes to prem league management,hes clueless and full of himself in all the wrong ways....

"we need nine wins" john williams words! so we need 27pts out of a possible 63pts. how difficult does that look when we have achieved 3pts from the last 33pts available? talk about a long shot!! things have to change - clear as black and white! keep ince and it means relegation

Here's one who was firmly in the "let's give him a chance" camp before todays match. I can now firmly say i've turned.

Sadly I couldn't make todays game due to work commitments, but i've been in constant touch with my uncle who informed me we ended up playing 4 of the 11 out of their "normal" positions, Dunn upfront??! Roberts on the right? Derbyshire on the left?

This past week has been a highly publicised one for Blackburn Rovers, you'd have thought the manager, team and fans would have turned up and been inspired and gunning for victory. It seems only one of those 3 transpired. Instead we get spanked 3-0.

I'm not here to admit I was wrong, and i don't want to get a barrage of replies with "about time you saw the light" or "where have you been the past 2 months?"

I just want my football club back please.

Archived