SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

I'll be the first to admit I haven't been the best of Rovers 'supporters' in recent times but the current state of affairs is both alarming and saddening. This is the first time I can remember in my time on this forum when everyone seems to agree a change of manager is neccessary to save our season, and indeed a great deal more than that.

Ince's attitude in interviews has been one of the most disappointing things. Every time his ability is questioned he wants to turn it into an issue about "certain people out there" wanting both him and the club to fail. The man has to face up to the mistakes he has made as a Premier League manager, and the bullish arrogance he has displayed so far is not what supporters want to see.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe the TWO calls made the week before last were a fact-finding mission.

1 - hoping an ex employer would slaughter him.

2 - that Sunderland were going to appoint him and take him out of the frame.

It didn't strike me at the time but - looking back - it now figures.

It seems that the rumour that one particular board member would only accept Allardyce over his own dead body is not just a rumour and that the individual is still of the same opinion.

I believe the TWO calls made the week before last were a fact-finding mission.

1 - hoping an ex employer would slaughter him.

2 - that Sunderland were going to appoint him and take him out of the frame.

It didn't strike me at the time but - looking back - it now figures.

1 - He wasnt slaughtered Im sure

2- Sunderland made it clear they wouldnt be hiring him immediately at least giving us a shout.

So why would be stop being interested after that? And secondly and more importantly why would we even make those calls in the first place if we didnt want to appoint him, especially since the answers to 1 and 2 were not negative? Im confused, but I guess you know something we dont! :)

Ince must surely leave now. If he isn't pushed out, he should resign. It should not even be a question of 'if' now but 'when'. I like the guy, he seems to be a real 'pal'. Unfortunately, I think his pally pally approach with the players is not professional enough for the club and the team selection today was just appalling! I don't care if we have injuries, i'd rather blood young 'uns in their normal positions then play Roberts at Right back!

PLEASE LEAVE MR. INCE!! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST ALMIGHTY GIVE US A CHANCE OF STAYING UP!!

1 - He wasnt slaughtered Im sure

2- Sunderland made it clear they wouldnt be hiring him immediately at least giving us a shout.

So why would be stop being interested after that? And secondly and more importantly why would we even make those calls in the first place if we didnt want to appoint him, especially since the answers to 1 and 2 were not negative? Im confused, but I guess you know something we dont! :)

I said someone in power at the club HOPED he would get negative answers...the fact that he didn't meant that Allardyce was still a candidate...but I don't think he will get the call.

Some people at the club don't fancy him and there is definitely a worry about the fan factor.

Incidentally, as there should be.

You only have a small-ish fan based, you can't be putting people off.

It seems that the rumour that one particular board member would only accept Allardyce over his own dead body is not just a rumour and that the individual is still of the same opinion.

I hadn't seen that observation...you may well be correct.

Was Hughes one of those mentioned Nicko?

Not yet, you can't wait until that becomes an issue at Man City.

By the way, you could catch them if you get your act together.

Avram Grant?

Not heard that one. Hope it remains that way. Wrong man for the current position.

And the name of that individual is...... ? because he needs to be in the dock with Williams and Ince as chief villains when the Rovers murder trial starts at the end of the season.

And the name of that individual is...... ? because he needs to be in the dock with Williams and Ince as chief villains when the Rovers murder trial starts at the end of the season.

If Sam Allardyce is so good why has no-one else given him a job?

Agreed about Grant not being the right man for the job. However to worry about the fan issue now is nothing short of staggering. Knowing JW reads this board, he only needs to take a look in the Sam Allardyce thread to know that people aren't anywhere near as hostile to the idea as they were, and if we start getting results much more people will come to the games than if we're playing under a likeable manager in the Championship.

I said someone in power at the club HOPED he would get negative answers...the fact that he didn't meant that Allardyce was still a candidate...but I don't think he will get the call.

Some people at the club don't fancy him and there is definitely a worry about the fan factor.

Bloody odd how JW takes so much notice of something called facebook and sweet FA notice of the opinion on dedicated BRFC mboards. Why would that be?

btw some BRFC fan of obvious IndoPak origin was giving it large against Paul Ince to Alan Green on Five Live tonight. Very eloquent, machine gun technique and he hardly drew breath. Well done that man. Are you on here?

Don't know. He's perfect for Rovers IMO.

Well, it's 3 hours since Wigan hammered another nail in the Rovers coffin and Ince is still in post.

It's unbelievable.

Because other clubs had similar concerns to ours - fan opposition, ugly football etc. Also many of the vacancies which have come up have been clubs with a lot of money to spend so they could afford to get a bigger name.

He was also percieved to have failed at Newcastle - a little harsh considering they were relegation threatened the season before he came, he took them to 11th and some respectability, was fired and ever since then they've been relegation threatened ever since.

But he's the perfect fit for our club.

I might end up looking rather foolish for this but I believe BFS is very unlikely.

Anyway we still have Ince (cough)

I agree that I do not believe rovers either want or will get BFS.

Seeing the word Ince puts you off m - ince pies - sorry I'll get my coat

That's up to the board...but surely it's not even a debate any more.

I have the utmost respect for the people at the top of your club, I'm sorry it got difficult for them last week when the story leaked, but there can be NO excuse for sitting on their hands now.

Nicko you mentioned further revelations regarding behind the scenes events at Brockhall involving Ince and his cohorts.

Are these imminent for publication or pending until after he has been relieved of his duties?

Nicko you mentioned further revelations regarding behind the scenes events at Brockhall involving Ince and his cohorts.

Are these imminent for publication or pending until after he has been relieved of his duties?

Let's focus on the future.

The BRFC noticeboard was also very much against Sam at the time.

If Williams takes any notice of a stupid supporters messageboard then he's an even bigger idiot than I had him for.

He's paid hundreds of thousands of pounds a year to make hard decisions for the good of the club not please a few spotty youths (myself excepted) on a website.

Don't know. He's perfect for Rovers IMO.

Well, it's 3 hours since Wigan hammered another nail in the Rovers coffin and Ince is still in post.

It's unbelievable.

Eeeeh that takes me back. I rem Jack Walker sacking Woy when his time was up (home defeat by Soton I think) just as I got to the Dog on Revidge after the game. Course Jack had both the balls and the mandate.

I'm one of the 102 people who voted to back him. I've changed my mind. I quite like the guy but three names convince me he doesn't know what he's doing; Winterburn, Fowler and Vogel.

If he'd have sacked the first two two weeks ago I would have thought, "He's learning".

Why is he not playing an arguably world class player like Vogel (ten minutes versus Liverpool?)?

His backroom staff, the lack of evidence that ANYTHING is being practised on the training ground, the lack of fitness, the lack of teamwork, his obvious lack of tactical knowledge all point to a man way out of his depth.

JW, it's time to sack right now.

OK,Den and Phillip1, Abbey and the rest. You can say you told me so. I hold my hands up. I was wrong.

I'm one of the 102 people who voted to back him. I've changed my mind. I quite like the guy but three names convince me he doesn't know what he's doing; Winterburn, Fowler and Vogel.

If he'd have sacked the first two two weeks ago I would have thought, "He's learning".

Why is he not playing an arguably world class player like Vogel (ten minutes versus Liverpool?)?

His backroom staff, the lack of evidence that ANYTHING is being practised on the training ground, the lack of fitness, the lack of teamwork, his obvious lack of tactical knowledge all point to a man way out of his depth.

JW, it's time to sack right now.

OK,Den and Phillip1, Abbey and the rest. You can say you told me so. I hold my hands up. I was wrong.

I started in the same boat as you at 2:55pm this afternoon.

I've also ended in the same boat as you at 4:45 this afternoon. (well actually 3:13pm)

Archived