Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

am i the only one, who feel kinda helpless..

ive supported rovers since i was 13 years old, as a dane it wasnt the traditional way to go, when i came to chosing your side(that was in 92).. but somehow i ended up with rovers.. never regretted it, and never wil regret it..

i remember us going down with kidd, i dont know, but at that time, perhaps i wasnt as mature and perhaps took it for granted, that we would bounce straight back up.. so that relegation didnt HURT as ,as the one, which perhaps is going to happen.. maybe its the state of the economics in football or whatever.. i dont know..

right now, i just dont have that mentality, i f we go down, we will pop straight up again. i have this feeling, that our club could end up in a bad state..

at present time, i am feeling gutted, so much that ive almost given up, and surrendered to the thought of relegation.. this one goddamn sad day, as a rovers fan..

14 Man City 17 4 0 5 19 10 1 3 4 11 15 5 18

15 Tottenham 16 3 1 4 7 7 2 2 4 12 14 -2 18

16 West Ham 16 3 1 4 11 13 2 2 4 6 11 -7 18

17 Sunderland 17 3 1 5 11 13 2 2 4 6 12 -8 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 Newcastle 16 3 3 2 13 11 0 4 4 6 13 -5 16

19 Blackburn 17 1 2 5 5 15 2 2 5 12 19 -17 13

20 West Brom 17 2 2 4 9 15 1 1 7 3 17 -20 12

Nothing else to say is there?

actually there is - there is no way 3/4 of those are getting relegated, so actual safety is nowhere near the horizon.

we need a miracle to stay up now.

the very reason why i boldly suggested it is mainly due to our financial backing.

we are different from any other premiership teams.

Tell me which manager will want to come to us in this current situation?

No Money, No time, Dire situation, small fan base, small town, etc...........................

We were able to attract when we were punching above out weights, but immdiately become very unattractive given the current circumstances.

Its a mess.

Bringing reference to the small fan base, how dismal is it a Ewood nowadays!!??!!

God! You can hear a pin drop on the Jack Walker stand, when I try to strike up some atmosphere folk look at me as if I have 2 heads or something. It's embarassing when it's that quiet.

At one point today I thought Roberts was playing in central defence :wacko:

He at least thought he was playing in defence, don't know wtf Samba Nelson thought they were doing. A spot of knitting most of the time I think.

right now, i just dont have that mentality, i f we go down, we will pop straight up again. i have this feeling, that our club could end up in a bad state...

We all do. We only went up last time round thanks to Duff, Dunn and Jansen, two of whom had shown big potential even before we got relegated and Jansen who was an inspired signing. We only were able to keep them as they were home grown talents and we built our team around them.

This time there's not a single home grown player who we can build our team around, if we go down all those players will leave and we'll have to start completely from scratch.

Stoke and Sunderland are huge games. We have to win both. If we want to drag Stoke in to it we cannot lose to them, and we have to beat Sunderland to keep them involved.

I do not believe we can manage either under Ince. On New Years Day we will be dead and buried if we keep him on.

The time to act is NOW

Mike Newell.

Hear Hear ! ! !

I got slated for suggesting Mike Newell before the appointment of Ince.

Don't forget Big Sam is still around, even if it is only to keep us in the Prem then we can build from there.

I do think that Ince needs to clear out his coaching staff and get Premier league standards in.

We need to sack him!!!

We wont sack him though... :(

The board bottled a big decision once last week which was forgiveable because of the unfortunate way that the story of interest in other managers came out...and charitable to give the manager one more game.

If the board bottle it a second time this week they might not find people so forgiving.

The board bottled a big decision once last week which was forgiveable because of the unfortunate way that the story of interest in other managers came out...and charitable to give the manager one more game.

If the board bottle it a second time this week they might not find people so forgiving.

Quite.

Thing is Nicko, unless we have somebody lined up to come in straight away then I can see them bottling it again.

We have nobody within our current set-up who could step up to the plate in a care-taker capacity.

I only mooted Newell as a man who would come. Anythings got to better than Grimsby Town.

To be honest though I wouldn't mind Mike Newell at the moment. Anybody's got to better than Paul Ince.

True but we can't take that approach either. It is a catch 22 - it needs to be an excellent appointment because whoever comes in has one hell of a job on his hands - but it needs to be a very quick one too. But if we say "anyone has to be better" we could well end up with someone who wouldve kept us in the Prem this season but even then that sort of form wouldn't be good enough.

For the love of god please just bugger off Ince you are destroying our club!! :(

The interview on SSN smacks of "its anybodys fault but mine", open your eyes, be a man and admit you are not up to the job. You may just maintain some credibility if you show you have the balls to walk.

If JW cannot see what is happening to this great club then he should be carrying Ince's bags.

What are our chances of landing Allardyce?

It should be Big Sam first choice. With Newell we could run the risk of making the same mistake we did with Ince. Too much of a risk.

Reading between the lines there is too much water under that bridge imo. I cannot see him coming on principle now. We spewed the chance of getting the single best qualified manager in the country for a club like ours in the summer in favour of putting two complete talentless pratts in front of him.

I think the only way we would get Sam would metaphorically speaking be over John Williams's dead body.

If looks tell a story, ssn showed JW standing in the stand at wigan and somebody else beside him and they looked angry - though the other bloke more than JW.

Don't be so silly, numerous sides have come out of positions worse than ours before. We are in deep, deep trouble but almost every year in the Premier League clubs find their way out of trouble from worse positions than ours currently. Look at Fulham last season.

It's still salvageable but we need to act NOW.

WHO?

Archived