SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

Because other clubs had similar concerns to ours - fan opposition, ugly football etc. Also many of the vacancies which have come up have been clubs with a lot of money to spend so they could afford to get a bigger name.

He was also percieved to have failed at Newcastle - a little harsh considering they were relegation threatened the season before he came, he took them to 11th and some respectability, was fired and ever since then they've been relegation threatened ever since.

But he's the perfect fit for our club.

I agree, we are in trouble and we don't have the funds to spend our way out of this mess. The players need an experienced manager to come in and steady the ship and in my opinion Sam is the best option.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus Nicko! If what they've been doing the last few weeks is trying not to put people off then I'd hate to see how they would put us off :blink::blink:

I think the amount of fans who were against Sam in the summer was a factor THEN and it is a factor NOW.

In fact it was probably a pretty major consideration when Ince beat the chop last week.

The board are right to consider the supporters...I think that is healthy.

Let's face it the only people coming out with credit just now are the fans.

Maybe finding the old fire in the stands is the start of something.

It's not too late.

I think the amount of fans who were against Sam in the summer was a factor THEN and it is a factor NOW.

In fact it was probably a pretty major consideration when Ince beat the chop last week.

It's not too late.

I'm pretty sure that the majority of us who were against in the summer (me included) would be prepared to eat humble pie just to get us out of this awful mess. The fact is, if we're down we're not coming back up

I'd have loved it if Ince had have proved me wrong and gone on to become England manager after taking rovers to the next level (up a level that is). No rovers fan can take any pleasure from the current shambles though.

I too wonder why the board have not done the obvious thing. To use an analogy: if you were in a plane which was burning up and crash landed in the jungle you'd get out of the plane pdq before it consumes you in the fire. Ok you wouldn't fancy your chances in the jungle but it'd be better than certain death.

I cannot see one glimmer of hope under Ince. We were arguably a defensive mid from having our best team away and we were soundly beaten by a mediocre Wigan team. What do they think Ince is going to do to turn things round if his almost best team get so comprehensively beat?

I'd have loved it if Ince had have proved me wrong and gone on to become England manager after taking rovers to the next level (up a level that is). No rovers fan can take any pleasure from the current shambles though.

I too wonder why the board have not done the obvious thing. To use an analogy: if you were in a plane which was burning up and crash landed in the jungle you'd get out of the plane pdq before it consumes you in the fire. Ok you wouldn't fancy your chances in the jungle but it'd be better than certain death.

I cannot see one glimmer of hope under Ince. We were arguably a defensive mid from having our best team away and we were soundly beaten by a mediocre Wigan team. What do they think Ince is going to do to turn things round if his almost best team get so comprehensively beat?

I would use the example of Jonah.

By casting him overboard the crew saved the lives of all the others on the boat.

Unlike Ince however, Jonah found salvation through his noble actions...he asked them to toss him overboard...

It's not too late.

i am gonna be honest , i didnt want allardyce as manager , i still dont, i dont like the man , i dont like his style of football , i dont like hls dour monatone persona , but i love rovers and i dont want to see them relegated , we are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea of the championship and there is no other better qualified available man around to get us out of this mess and if it means we have to dance with the devil ....then so be it

It's not too late.

It is good that the board consider the fans but this is not a popularity contest, this is about the board doing everything it takes to keep our club in the premiership. I don't think the Bolton fans wanted Megson but they were brave and appointed who they thought was the best man for the job.

We are in the crap at the moment and I can't see a better man to get us out of this.

It is good that the board consider the fans but this is not a popularity contest, this is about the board doing everything it takes to keep our club in the premiership. I don't think the Bolton fans wanted Megson but they were brave and appointed who they thought was the best man for the job..

Precisely. At a time when the club needs strong leadership Williams has been interviewing fans this week to talk about their "concerns" ***ffdoublefs."***

The man needs a steel-capped boot up the backside to remind him to make hard decisions for which he is extremely well paid.

Now 4 hours since the end of the match and Ince is still there: I'll be dead before he finally goes.

It's not too late.

I don't think it is that healthy nicko. Like some people have said, sometimes you have to make difficult decisions and these men are extremely well paid to make them. If Sam saves us from relegation he will be a hero to large sections of our support, if we start winning under Sam, Ewood will be happy as larry again. And I very much doubt the fan opposition will be anywhere near as strong as it was in the summer.

The sooner the board realises we have the wrong man, the better. With Ince we are going down. Sack him now, and we can get a fresh feel and start getting points again.

11 games without a win is a disgrace, especially when we have played the likes of Wigan & Sunderland in that spell.

Can we have the weekly ubiquitous re-starting of the Poll please admins?

I am betting an overall majority of around 90% will vote him out...

99% imo... And thats only cos Waggy will no doubt think that he's still doing OK and taking BRFC forward! :P

Archived