Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The various meetings that will be held after the match today is about life in championship, which player to offload, how to tighten the money usage this coming jan, how to minimize the financial blow for championship next season, as relegation is invetiable.

we are heading down and for a very long time.

THE sum of all our fears,frightening stuff and a possibility.

Didn't see it. Who was it?

I do not know - others on here also said they saw JW on ssn - somebody suggested it was one of the trustees. It was reported on local radio that the whole board was at the game, but SSN just showed two people, JW and another.

LLOYDY

SACK

Ince looked in a dream after the first goal last week against L.pool. He looked like he had no idea of what to do after the first goal.. he delayed until after second goal .. the team was looking for a change .. he then made a sub two mins into extra time .....WHY??!!!

The board know who is interested.. R. Madrid took a night to appoint with no applications ... we have wasted a week and the opportunity of three points... J.W. should sack him before the morning or the media will take over the talk... and an appointment should be made by Monday!!! Come on J.W. noone else can do it and if you wont move on as you have had a part to play in this fiasco !!!

One effort on goal wont win away matches.... while I'm at it what is that prat Winterburn doing still at the club!!!!! Defensive coach ..... another cracking appointment! I hope Jack aint looking down at all this!!

The opinion of two thousand spotty, limp wristed, know nowt kids in anoraks would not upset me but maybe Sams different.

It was mentioned prior to the phone in on Radio Lancashire that BFS was upset at the treatment by Rovers supporters towards him, and withdrew his application. A comment I find strange, because I thought at the time it was reported he was interviewed. Why turn up for an interview if you have withdrawn your application?

If looks tell a story, ssn showed JW standing in the stand at wigan and somebody else beside him and they looked angry - though the other bloke more than JW.

The gentleman sat next to John Williams was David Brown, vice chairman who is also one of the trustees

I re-traced a few steps last week and checked into the calls that had been made.

Something tells me Rovers were hoping for some reason NOT to go for Sam.

I don't think he is in the running...but others names have been under discussion for some time.

The board were split last week which is why Ince survived. They were also embarassed by their homework becoming public knowledge.

But this is not a time for looking back...it's a time for action.

You can bet that the next manager will be lined up before the present one goes.

I would imagine that process has just been stepped up.

What do you mean Rovers were hoping for some reason not to go for Sam? I dont understand the statement? If we hope not to go for him then we just dont go?! Dont we? We decide who we want, dont we? Or do you mean we approached him hoping he said no? Could you clarify please?

Also we would be a foolish club had we not already spoken to the next guy, even before tonight...Thats called proper management of a situation. You have to explore your options before they become a reality.

I re-traced a few steps last week and checked into the calls that had been made.

Something tells me Rovers were hoping for some reason NOT to go for Sam.

I don't think he is in the running...but others names have been under discussion for some time.

The board were split last week which is why Ince survived. They were also embarassed by their homework becoming public knowledge.

But this is not a time for looking back...it's a time for action.

You can bet that the next manager will be lined up before the present one goes.

I would imagine that process has just been stepped up.

Are these other names any of the "big" names you were alluding to in your last post? Well you told us one of them was Souness...

What do you mean Rovers were hoping for some reason not to go for Sam? I dont understand the statement? If we hope not to go for him then we just dont go?! Dont we? We decide who we want, dont we? Or do you mean we approached him hoping he said no? Could you clarify please?

I believe the TWO calls made the week before last were a fact-finding mission.

1 - hoping an ex employer would slaughter him.

2 - that Sunderland were going to appoint him and take him out of the frame.

It didn't strike me at the time but - looking back - it now figures.

Are these other names any of the "big" names you were alluding to in your last post? Well you told us one of them was Souness...

It was Sam v Souey last week.

A third name was put in at the start of the week but is not likely to happen.

Other names were and are being actively discussed.

We all might know more about that sooner. I think they will go for a boss before the formality of axeing the guy in charge just now.

What would you say the chances are of having someone new in charge in time for the Stoke game?

That's up to the board...but surely it's not even a debate any more.

I have the utmost respect for the people at the top of your club, I'm sorry it got difficult for them last week when the story leaked, but there can be NO excuse for sitting on their hands now.

Archived