SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

It no longer matters who we can get into replace Ince as anybody would be better than him. ANYBODY. In fact nobody would be better as well. Let the players pick the team between them. They can hardly do much worse than losing 6 league games in a row now can they?

If Ince is not going to resign then he is just waiting to be sacked and get his compensation for failing completely.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone actually believe that Ince interviewed better than anyone else? The guy can hardly string a sentence together. WOuld he have been more impressive than Laudrup? Allardyce? Even McLaren? Massively unlikely.

It would appear that the board went through the motions in the Summer, then did what they had planned to do from the start.

Whatever we think - both of us with hindsight - he came through better than some bigger names.

I think John Williams got a bit carried away with the Mark Hughes 'model' but you can't fault the guy for that.

To be fair this would have been resolved a week ago but for an unfortunate leak...and a boardroom split on a successor...I am convinced about that.

It no longer matters who we can get into replace Ince as anybody would be better than him. ANYBODY. .

Unless I missed summut Sunderland are doing fine without a manager, and Rovers certainly could do no worse without Ince.

IMO, with regards to the interviews, Ince probably came across that he wanted it more.

I knew we were in trouble when he gave an interview inside Ewood Park (on the day he was appointed) and said that he could not believe they appointed him when up against the likes of Allardyce/Laudrup.

A lot of us were thinking the same!!

I think John Williams got a bit carried away with the Mark Hughes 'model' but you can't fault the guy for that.

The Mark Hughes model involves intelligence and diligence so I'm not sure where Paul Ince fits in.

Whatever we think - both of us with hindsight - he came through better than some bigger names.

To be fair this would have been resolved a week ago but for an unfortunate leak...and a boardroom split on a successor...I am convinced about that.

Nicko just cause a leak happens still doesn't altar the situation ..if you feel you should sack you should do it ... doing it today or tomorrow doesn't make it any less embarrassing it just suggests it was true in the first place... god I hope they dont put this off I cant stand listening to Garth Crookes saying the board should not panic!!!

I can and will fault JW for picking Ince over Laudrup. That decision makes no sense on any levels.

And we should've started making enquiries and giving Ince two games to save his job after the Sunderland capitulation.

John Williams met Laudrup and still chose Ince...an advantage he has over either you or me.

It's not a job I would have fancied.

Ironically it is easier to decide now.

You either go down the short-term route or the long-term route.

I think there is an outstanding candidate in both categories...one impact boss or one total genius. ;)

Nicko just cause a leak happens still doesn't altar the situation ..if you feel you should sack you should do it ... doing it today or tomorrow doesn't make it any less embarrassing it just suggests it was true in the first place... god I hope they dont put this off I cant stand listening to Garth Crookes saying the board should not panic!!!

It SHOULDN'T but I think it played a part.

I have to agree with everything else you say.

Noone else stated he had already been sacked Hughesy.

Fair play, I know they didnt, I was told to do it, as a couple of other board members wouldnt as they didnt want the grief that comes with passing info on. I personally couldnt give two hoots so I put the info into the public domain. The fact it didnt happen is life....get over it. The info was obviously wrong, sh!t happens. I put £100 on a bet on basis of the info. Thats just life!!

Hopefully Ince will go soon though

While it is anticipated his five-month reign will be brought to an end before the January transfer window, Ince called for the Blackburn board to spend. He said: "The cold hard fact is we need investment. You saw Wigan today – lots of pace, power – and we need new faces coming in."

Pace and Power...........

Which one of these fits into the above

Carlos

Fowler

Andrews

Grella

The more I think about it the less I am interested.

Ince has killed my footballing desire, he has singlehandedly ruined my year, my Christmas and my wife's hope of going to Egypt for a 10 day jolly.

its time to change the manager and if Williams cannot understand that little simple requirement then for me, the club is finished.

next year will see the fans voting with their feet, St's will decrease ten fold and BRFC will cease to exist :angry:

nicko

you said some of the board members had issues with allardyce, considering the position we are in and his experience are these issues non-football related?

Don't know...it seems to be an issue but not sure if it's personal or football reasons.

It isnt about being all over the place, or the lack of creativity.

Rovers under Ince cannot play basic football.

PASS and MOVE, Defence from the back, Covering players, Midfielders working their ar4es off ?

Not a single bit of any of the above.

I have to ask, what the hell are they doing in training ? What is it they actually do ? What is a coach doing on a day to day basis ?

There is NO productivity on the pitch only diabolical effots at being footballers.

From Robinson to RSC there is something missing :angry:

• Backroom

Coyle would be a potentially good move but does pose massive risks, remember Ince's success in lower leagues here!

for me BFS is the ideal impact choice but at this stage I wouldn't hold it against JW for trying for Coyle, in fact I'd admire the fact he had the balls to make the choice.

This silence is too much though.

We dont need a Shearer and in any case why would he leave the comfort of his sofa on MOTD ?

Rovers need an injection of impetus, effort, pride and work ethic. The players need more than a rocket, they need a manager that they can respond to and clearly Ince and co do NOT have either the respect or the know how to deal with them.

At MK Dons they had young players who may have been "fazed" witht he lieks of Ince, but at Rovers, we are much much bigger and have Internationals who dont pander to his Player history.

Ince if you cnanot see the right way out, look to your left, the door is open wide :angry:

I hope the board isn't being put off making the tough decision because of the media. Honestly I can't think of many pundits/commentators or summarisers that reckon Ince should go. They seem to be blaming it all on the players, lack of finances and that Ince needs time to get used to his role.

It’s a point of view or a belief that I find quite baffling as we haven’t won for 11 games and conceded 34 goals in 17 games. At the end of the day a manager lives and dies by his results, he is the figurehead and is ultimately responsible.

If a manager at Spurs, Everton, Villa had our run of form the media would be calling for the managers head, but when little old Blackburn have their problems they should stick with the manager. Is it because they want to see us go down and never come back up? to see us suffer financially?

Archived