Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the amount of fans who were against Sam in the summer was a factor THEN and it is a factor NOW.

In fact it was probably a pretty major consideration when Ince beat the chop last week.

The board are right to consider the supporters...I think that is healthy.

Let's face it the only people coming out with credit just now are the fans.

Maybe finding the old fire in the stands is the start of something.

It's not too late.

If I were Allardyce I wouldn't touch bRFC with a barge pole. He's on a hiding to nothing. If he keeps us up he'll get grudging praise at best from the thousands of know nowts, whilst a bad run of a few games will see him vilified mercilessly. That post on the last page by AJW is typical of far too many.

If I were Allardyce I wouldn't touch bRFC with a barge pole. He's on a hiding to nothing. If he keeps us up he'll get grudging praise at best from the thousands of know nowts.

Sam is out with a mate of mine as we speak...he thinks he has a chance...I am not so sure.

Are you in touch with Mark Hughes ? I'd love to know his thoughts (off the record) on the current situation at Rovers.

Sparky seems to have enough on his plate at Man City...booed off, poor again...and the world supremacy thing taking a bit of a back seat right now.

Sam is out with a mate of mine as we speak...he thinks he has a chance...I am not so sure.

So he still wants the job?!

Christ I cannot believe that we're not appointing him.

I do have to disagree with you nicko, the board need to pick the man who they think can get us up the table, no other considerations should come into it. If he gets us winning and staves off relegation he will win over the fans, without a doubt. Some begrudgingly maybe. Obviously if he starts next season badly they may turn again but that's football.

Unless there's a mystery star candidate waiting in the wings who actually wants to join us, then we should be falling over ourselves to appoint him.

So he still wants the job?!

Christ I cannot believe that we're not appointing him.

I do have to disagree with you nicko, the board need to pick the man who they think can get us up the table, no other considerations should come into it. If he gets us winning and staves off relegation he will win over the fans, without a doubt. Some begrudgingly maybe. Obviously if he starts next season badly they may turn again but that's football.

Unless there's a mystery star candidate waiting in the wings who actually wants to join us, then we should be falling over ourselves to appoint him.

The feedback I get is that there is an anti-Sam feel within the board room. He has some support, but also major opposition.

He would improve things, but he also brings a lot of backroom staff...and would these players fit into his style of play?

The feedback I get is that there is an anti-Sam feel within the board room. He has some support, but also major opposition.

He would improve things, but he also brings a lot of backroom staff...and would these players fit into his style of play?

Can beggars afford to be choosers?

Now 5 hours since the final whistle : what are they waiting for ?

Even if they haven't lined up a replacement at least sacking Ince now would alert some potential candidates.

I hope the board realise that the longer we wait for news the more of the same old tosh will come out.

Give him time, give him money, the players are REALLY all behind him...blah-di-blah.

All the media and football buddies coming out with tripe.

Get on with it.

Do the directors want to continue playing boardroom politics, or do what is best for the club ?

The sheer indecision and incompetance from top to bottom at the club at present is breathtaking.

Funny you should say that, just received a text from a mate, saying he needs more time.

I have said for a while now there is no longevity in Ince being BRFC manager. Sooner we get rid the sooner we have a chance to put things right.

Come on board, identify who you want then do your damnest to get that man.

:brfc:

You mean like they fit into Ince's style of play Nicko !

I think Ince set out with good intentions. I also think he was unlucky following Mark Hughes.

But 14 goals against in 4 games and 11 without a win in the Premier is just too much damage.

And what happened behind the scenes with the calls being made about successors meant the end was nigh.

Looks like everyone knows the rubbish being served on all fronts by Rovers in terms of media handling. No one is buying it...

Nicko, are you saying Sam is interested, according to your mate? Thats interesting...

I think he would be able to take this team and make it hard to beat. At the same time, we are at least 2 or 3 players away from making an escape. Possibly two wingers, and a defender even.

Even if they haven't lined up a replacement at least sacking Ince now would alert some potential candidates.

I am totally in agreement with this - I just do not understand the logic in keeping Ince until there is someone in place. We have NOTHING to lose in sacking Ince. So we go in to the next game with someone in temporary charge. Can they do any worse? We would very likely get the reaction that teams almost always get in the game immediately after a sacking - especially as the game coming next is one of the most winnable we'll have all season.

Nothing to lose. Everything to gain.

I think Ince set out with good intentions. I also think he was unlucky following Mark Hughes.

But 14 goals against in 4 games and 11 without a win in the Premier is just too much damage.

And what happened behind the scenes with the calls being made about successors meant the end was nigh.

Yet he lives on.

Nicko he wasnt following on Ferguson for God's sake. We all understood the season in transition and we could have, although reluctantly, accepted a transitional season, which would have equated to about 10th or 11 place in the league. But I havent seen one positive aspect during his reign. Ya, we try to play quick touch passing football, but to what end product? And I do stress, TRY!

Archived