SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

I realise for the sake of your paper you can't give us exact names...but are they choices we'd be pleased with? Surprised by?

Do they stand a better chance of success than a man who's taken a club of our size to success consistently?

I think the three in the frame will be Souey, Curbs and someone I dare not mention for fear of losing one of my six fingers. ;)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am totally in agreement with this - I just do not understand the logic in keeping Ince until there is someone in place. We have NOTHING to lose in sacking Ince. So we go in to the next game with someone in temporary charge. Can they do any worse? We would very likely get the reaction that teams almost always get in the game immediately after a sacking - especially as the game coming next is one of the most winnable we'll have all season.

Nothing to lose. Everything to gain.

Exactly, if they put me in charge I could lose 6 in a row, might as well go into the next game managerless than carry on with this fraud in charge.

On a side note, interesting to hear Ince's post match interview where he said the rovers fans had travelled in their 'shroves'.

I think the three in the frame will be Souey, Curbs and someone I dare not mention for fear of losing one of my six fingers. ;)

:lol: If you mean Coyle - some people would baulk at the thought of appointing him but to paraphrase a certain person - I would love it, LOVE IT, if we stole their manager and their best hope of promotion for years and ended up staying up with him in charge. He's a very good manager I think.

Doubt he'd want to come though, I'd imagine he'd at least want to see out this season at Burnley.

Nicko, there is a lot of talk about Sams large backroom team, Ince's isn't exactly small and they seem to be doing pretty much naff all at the moment.

I'd take Sam in a heartbeat, we need to make the change now, I fear it may already be too late but if we are going to go down lets go down with a fight and not with the whimper we're going down with under Ince.

The feedback I get is that there is an anti-Sam feel within the board room. He has some support, but also major opposition.

He would improve things, but he also brings a lot of backroom staff...and would these players fit into his style of play?

As an outsider I continue to read this thread with increasing incredulity. I have never seen a managerial change handled so badly in all my life. Given the possible candidates available, the only manager capable of dragging Blackburn Rovers out of the ###### is Allardyce - and you must accept that it might be beyond him now. If he is still interested snatch his hand off.

If he brings along a lot of backroom staff and keeps you in the PL - result!

Would the players fit into his style of play? FFS! The script surely is "Look at your payslip son. Play this way or bugger off." isn't it?

And this from a Bolton fan who wants Rovers (and Bolton) to stay in the PL!

Or is it me? ;)

As an outsider I continue to read this thread with increasing incredulity. I have never seen a managerial change handled so badly in all my life. Given the possible candidates available, the only manager capable of dragging Blackburn Rovers out of the ###### is Allardyce - and you must accept that it might be beyond him now. If he is still interested snatch his hand off.

If he brings along a lot of backroom staff and keeps you in the PL - result!

Would the players fit into his style of play? FFS! The script surely is "Look at your payslip son. Play this way or bugger off." isn't it?

And this from a Bolton fan who wants Rovers (and Bolton) to stay in the PL!

Or is it me? ;)

Not just you, it's bloody common sense to everyone on here but unfortunately not the numbskulls in the boardroom.

Incidentally, this managerial change has been handled every bit as badly as....... the last one in the summer.

Incidentally, this managerial change has been handled every bit as badly as....... the last one in the summer.

Yup Jim and this is what makes me dread in a way what is going to happen IF Ince is set down the road...

It really is quite frightening what a predicament the board and John Williams have put us in, ######-ups and breweries come to mind.

To all the people potentially opposed to Coyle...

Just imagine if we hire Coyle, we stay up, and the Dingles go out of running for promotion under a new manager?

It would be absolutely hilarious...solve the problems of us getting relegated and Burnley getting promoted in one fell swoop!

Or, they still go up, we go down, and we have to listen to stories of "Agent Coyle" sent in to finish us off.

Just a word of support for your board.

The interview process last time was thorough and a proper procedure gone through.

If it went wrong - which it has - the only snag is now letting that go unchecked.

To be fair, they have not got much else wrong.

Just a word of support for your board.

The interview process last time was thorough and a proper procedure gone through.

If it went wrong - which it has - the only snag is now letting that go unchecked.

To be fair, they have not got much else wrong.

I'm sorry but a "thorough and proper procedure" would not have produced Paul Ince with all his obvious faults.

Realistically though why would Coyle come to us?

I know I may get lynched for saying this but the Dingles have a great chance of getting promoted this season. Surely he would want to finish the season there and see if he can get them up.

I of course don't want them to get promoted but realistically I can see it happening this season.

In terms of Allardyce I was one of those who was totally against him coming, I still don't like the man, don't like several aspects of his persona. But if it’s a choice of relegation or staying up with Allardyce then it’s a no-brainer, we simply have to stay up.

I'm sorry but a "thorough and proper procedure" would not have produced Paul Ince with all his obvious faults.

I thought there were better candidates, but you have to trust the people who actually spoke to the contenders.

Shearer bottled it, Ten Cate did not try hard enough, Laudrup was perhaps a loss.

Allardyce had issues...McClaren had issues.

Ince wanted it badly to be fair to him.

But enough is enough.

Does anyone actually believe that Ince interviewed better than anyone else? The guy can hardly string a sentence together. WOuld he have been more impressive than Laudrup? Allardyce? Even McLaren? Massively unlikely.

It would appear that the board went through the motions in the Summer, then did what they had planned to do from the start.

Realistically though why would Coyle come to us?

I know I may get lynched for saying this but the Dingles have a great chance of getting promoted this season. Surely he would want to finish the season there and see if he can get them up.

I

He won't come to us, and Rovers would be stupid even to approach Burnley.

Which is why the board probably will.

Archived