BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

philipl

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been rooted that ince will perform. All the way till today what I saw when we are playing spurs! Totally outrun by them. We did not closed down and goal, can't passed, can't defend, can't create, can't score! Enough is enough. I am quite sure the next two matches will determined his fate.

I think we played ok. We were always going to be up against it with 10 men.

Ince started by playing players in their correct positions. If Olsson hadn't gone mad we could have got something against them. We were playing one of the form teams in the league.

Disappointed but this was much better than last week.

Interesting to hear that Spurs before today had more points than at this stage last season. Just shows what a strange league it is at the moment.

Another which people on here seem to miss is that no a single pundit has commented on our "relegation" form. I think it is because they realise that the league is too tight to make any comments regarding relegation. In a few games time Hull could find themselves in the relegation zone.

Says a lot I think when this is something you actually have to spell out. Even as something of a positive.

If we did sack Ince, the new manager would have no money to bring anyone in. I would imagine (don't know the facts) that Ince gets around 1.5 million a year on a three year contract. That will be a big wedge of compensation money for a board that doesnt seem to put much out.

Rubbish, his wages wont be anywhere near that amount, he is unqualified remember.

Well, I said after 5 games that the season would end in one of two ways - Ince being sacked or Championship football. The signs were there from early on, and while I wanted him to be a success his tenure so far has proved anything but. Having been on holiday for the last two weeks with only occasional access to the internet it's interesting to see how many people have now seen the light and realised that Ince is clearly out of his depth.

Sack him now, before the situation is irredeemable - because it's only going to get worse. Having watched the Brian Kidd era, there's a horrible sense of deja vu.

frazer lindsey.....if you are out there, in my innocent youth at about 6 years old you came along and introduced me to Blackburn Rovers. You subsequently left the local area as your family moved and 12/13 years later I'm here scarred for life. It's on days like today, I think, you b@#t@rd.

PS: Are you out there as that'd be mad.

After the sending off, yes.

Credit where it is due, Ince did start with players in the correct positions.

He must be learning.

Ooijer is a central defender, not a full back- he was out of position from the start.

The reason being we never remotely replaced Bentley because Ince was convinced Emerton was a winger.

Forgot, Simpson was played out of position at left back after half time as well.

So just the three players out of position has the feeling that there were actually round pegs in round holes.

frazer lindsey.....if you are out there, in my innocent youth at about 6 years old you came along and introduced me to Blackburn Rovers. You subsequently left the local area as your family moved and 12/13 years later I'm here scarred for life. It's on days like today, I think, you b@#t@rd.

:lol: :lol:

:lol::lol:

Thanks Bob, just what I needed.

I have Bucky on ignore but you can't help seeing his posts when others quote them. All I can say is that today's effort is his most stupid to date and ignoring his posts was the right decision.

We really are deep in the ###### now!

The fact we were only 1-0 down, still in the game and we didn't throw on some strikers to try and rescue a point is truly baffling. Even with the long ball and getting 3 strikers up there, Gomes didn't look to confident and we could have got something out of the game but just leaving Cruz up there on his own for the whole of the 2nd half was basically giving the game up.

We really are deep in the ###### now!

The fact we were only 1-0 down, still in the game and we didn't throw on some strikers to try and rescue a point is truly baffling. Even with the long ball and getting 3 strikers up there, Gomes didn't look to confident and we could have got something out of the game but just leaving Cruz up there on his own for the whole of the 2nd half was basically giving the game up.

Absolutely right POT.

That's the most worrying thing of all. He simply doesn't look like he knows how to change things around when necessary.

Can't believe how naieve he was today.

Come on Den, we have spoken before about his naivity and lack of nouse when the going gets tough.

I wholeheartedly agree tht he is out of his depth (Ince).

I would also suggest that the supporters still not realising our predicament will change thri tune, when Rovers, under the stewardship of a different manager, start to climb the table.

Its pretty simple for me, that I can see the shortcomings of our team, whereas Ince and co seem to be oblivious to them.

If he employed Vogel or Tugay in the central midfield berth he would fair much better.

If he stuck to 4-4-2 with players in the right positions he would fair far better.

His pigheadedness is going tobe his downfall.

Archived