BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

philipl

Must be an age thing because I dont get as upset or hysterical as many posters on here! perhaps I`ve seen us a few times in this predicament and we come out of it.

As for today the Axe and Andrews were clearly under instructions to hold a tight line and not to get too far forward. I thought it was working but Olsson`s poor decision making cost us the game ultimately. I think every manager would have done exactly the same as Ince in bringing Simpson on and taking a striker off, holding them and getting a goal from a set play. I thought second half we did well with Andrews getting a bit more forward on occasions. Pedersen faded badly after a promising first half and could have scored with a chance in the second half. Emerton also tired so his substitiution was inevitable.

The team is low on confidence but the talent is there and we just need a break. This constant criticism of the staff is not doing anyone any favours. Only the club captain and chairman will know if there is a problem at the club with Ince and his methods.

However the club have got to spend some money in January to strengthen certain areas and I am willing to see what Ince has in store and what his plans are for the club. These were surely discussed with Mr Williams at his interview and the fact he got the job would suggest those plans were acceptable to the board.

Supporting the Rovers has taught me that our fans can make a huge difference during matches in the past when we have hit a bad patch; we will get out of this mess and we fans have a big part to play .

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the game. Haven't read any comments since page 8. It was truly awful. In the stands it was obvious that the midfield pairing wasn't working- Andrews produced one tugay- like touch but spent most of the afternoon trailing round a few feet from Mokoena. this was typified when a ball came to head, and the two of them and MGP (don't get me started) were all within 3 feet of each other, and no-one knew what to do with the ball.

But did the dolt bring on Tugay? Did he hell, he brought on Derbyshire for Emerton. Sorry, but if Derbyshire is the answer, the question is wrong.

We won't win another game with him in charge. Ince HAS to go and it HAS to be now. We can't afford to wait. there was no tactical help- he just stood on the touchline mute.

GET RID AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

Must be an age thing because I dont get as upset or hysterical as many posters on here! perhaps I`ve seen us a few times in this predicament and we come out of it.

As for today the Axe and Andrews were clearly under instructions to hold a tight line and not to get too far forward. I thought it was working but Olsson`s poor decision making cost us the game ultimately. I think every manager would have done exactly the same as Ince in bringing Simpson on and taking a striker off, holding them and getting a goal from a set play. I thought second half we did well with Andrews getting a bit more forward on occasions. Pedersen faded badly after a promising first half and could have scored with a chance in the second half. Emerton also tired so his substitiution was inevitable.

The team is low on confidence but the talent is there and we just need a break. This constant criticism of the staff is not doing anyone any favours. Only the club captain and chairman will know if there is a problem at the club with Ince and his methods.

However the club have got to spend some money in January to strengthen certain areas and I am willing to see what Ince has in store and what his plans are for the club. These were surely discussed with Mr Williams at his interview and the fact he got the job would suggest those plans were acceptable to the board.

Supporting the Rovers has taught me that our fans can make a huge difference during matches in the past when we have hit a bad patch; we will get out of this mess and we fans have a big part to play .

Sorry Tony but I agree with a total of 0% of that post. The axe and Andrews were passed by ALL the game and were as ineffective a partnership I've seen in Rovers shirts, even when we had 11 men.

Ollsson was getting done at will, leading to the goal and his 1st yellow card. It was then the time to change to give him protection against a 2nd yellow - the manager should have done that and he didn't. Ollsson is ultimately responsible for the challenge but he received no help from his inept manager.

How can you say that only the club captain and chairman know if there's a problem? WE ALL SEE IT EVERY BLOODY GAME!!! Also by saying the constant criticism does no favours, what are we expected to do when we see what we do, accept we're a small club and wait for the 'inevitable'?

On current form we WILL be relegated, no ifs or buts, it will happen. A change of manager is needed to arrest this slide while there is still time - we as fans owe it to the chairman to let our feelings known and that , believe it or not, is more for the good of the club than accepting the status quo and hoping it'll turn around if, as you put 'we get a break'.

Finally, I've not seen or heard anything negative from the fans DURING games, the support has always been similar to previous seasons. The only time it changes is at the end of games - I see no problem in that.

Ince's tactical knowledge was summed up by his substitutions. How many times does he play Derbyshire on the right wing before he realises that it doesn't work? How many times did Matt touch the ball? How many times did Treacy get involved? For those waiting for deliverance, forget it. JW and his board don't have the bottle. They're too 'nice'.

At last; some common sense.

I thought Spurs were superb today and we gave as good as them, almost. If silly Olsson hadn't been sent off, we may have got something from the game.

Ince has two games to rectify our league position, after that I am firmly in the camp of "we need a new manager".

League table is not lying and relegation could well be the end of Blackburn Rovers FC as we know it.

This is not a rash decision on my part but realism, I still hope Ince can turn this around but am very depressed and low at the moment.

At last; some common sense.

I thought Spurs were superb today and we gave as good as them, almost. If silly Olsson hadn't been sent off, we may have got something from the game.

I agree with the 1st sentence but as for the 2nd sentence :unsure: I thought Spuds were rubbish, its just that we were worse :(

That second half midfield of Derbyshire, Mokoena, Andrews and Treacy says it all, scarey, scarey stuff .

Is it a championship midfield or a league one midfield I dont know which but I certainly know it isnt a premiership one, our young lads arent good enough and neither are the two cart horses in the centre of midfield so why cant Ince see that and do something about it, is he out of his depth .

See that MKDons arent doing too badly especialy as they lost their 'guv' and captain can we do the same and once more flourish again.

Sorry - it isn't going to happen. Rovers won't get rid on Ince because:

1. It shows them up for making the wrong decisions.

2. Shows what a miserable bunch of penny pinchers they are.

3. It will cost too much.

No they will sit on their tight prosthetic hemorrhoidial rings and sweat it out.

On a more practical note Allardyce would need a whole backroom team in a few weeks and we'd be back to square one while they found the gents locker room key. We'd be lucky to be training by summer. There is a more likely future though in my opinion but you need to be brave here. Someone who knows the place, the systems, the staff and how to switch the fitness machine on (is it me or is Roque looking fat?).

Step down Mr TUGAY as Manager and Mr. NELSON as Assistant.

Or it's back to Parksey I suppose

Ince has two games to rectify our league position, after that I am firmly in the camp of "we need a new manager".

League table is not lying and relegation could well be the end of Blackburn Rovers FC as we know it.

This is not a rash decision on my part but realism, I still hope Ince can turn this around but am very depressed and low at the moment.

:o

We should sabotage his study for the coaching badges, then we could sack him for not forfilling his obligations... :D No compensasion... :lol:

Ince:

Red Card Was Harsh

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1952...4539574,00.html

I'm a Rovers fan, and even i saw that it wasn't harsh. Olsson could have been given his second yellow a couple of times!

I'm a Rovers fan, and even i saw that it wasn't harsh. Olsson could have been given his second yellow a couple of times!

Once again, Ince showing his novice PR qualities by publicly critising Olsson, calling him naive, then goes on trying to defend him getting sent off.

Blackburn manager Paul Ince:

"We played some good stuff against a very good Tottenham side at their ground and we silenced their crowd for most of the game.

"The effort put in was unbelievable - the performance was outstanding.

"I thought we were going to salvage something. Had the ball been in the right place we would have got a point."

from the bbc

Comical at best, if he really beleived it was an unbeleiveable performance then he is deluded

The real problem with our team is that we lack central midfielders; the backbone of any football formation. Thinking of it, this dates back to Savage and his decline in form last season... Maybe we should have focused on getting in a new central midfielder instead of running around for a right winger.

Blackburn manager Paul Ince:

"We played some good stuff against a very good Tottenham side at their ground and we silenced their crowd for most of the game.

klick me

"The effort put in was unbelievable - the performance was outstanding.

"I thought we were going to salvage something. Had the ball been in the right place we would have got a point."

from the bbc

Comical at best, if he really beleived it was an unbeleiveable performance then he is deluded

hes starting a new band....klick

Archived