BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

Any reason why they are getting rid of Bullard?

Hodgson has been saying he doesnt track back enough and he didnt play as well once he got called up to the england squad over the last few months and the club havent started contract negotiations. Jimmy Bullard has always said he wanted to stay at fulham, but you wonder if he has decided to request a transfer.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted this in the wrong thread before.

1. Elano anyone? Would love to see him in out centre mid. City dont seem to fancy him anymore. Hes reported on the bbc to be talking about a loan move to lazio. Wonder how much hed cost or if we could get him on loan.

2. Mcgeedy (however its spelt) from celtic. Looks class whenever ive seen him, good at dribbling and plays on the wing. Has fallen out with Strachan at celtic. Might be looking to offload.

Seconded. Aiden McGeady would be a great signing imo.

Seconded. Aiden McGeady would be a great signing imo.

Also an impossible one! :rolleyes:

Bullard would be good but got a feeling Slumberland will get him!

Also somone stated our biggest problem is the midfield and strikers? :o

Our defence is the problem! Nothing as sure! Can see our new recruits coming from ashore!

I tell you what, his injury problems and potential difficulties with passing a medical are well documented - but doesn't he strike you as exactly the sort of player Sam would take a chance on?

He's exactly what we need. Busy player, great passer and keeps things moving in midfield. Also got a great free-kick on him. However, did he not move back darn sarf because he was homesick? I may be wrong but I'd be delighted if we picked him up.

I expect a few Big Sam specials in Jan. Someone in the Hierro (who he signed for nobbers a few years ago) mould would be great.

C'mon Rovers. 3-0 tomorrow

Why would McGeady be impossible? Fallen out with the club and players from scotland never fetch that high transfer fees. I bet he wouldnt cost that much more than someone like Pennant, but I know who id rather have.

There was talk of him going Newcastle in the summer for 12million +

Also teams like Sunderland-Newcastle-Boro-Pompey etc all have more cash than us and IF his price went down

would more than likely be interested!

Why would McGeady be impossible? Fallen out with the club and players from scotland never fetch that high transfer fees. I bet he wouldnt cost that much more than someone like Pennant, but I know who id rather have.

Barry Ferguson?

JA Boumsong?

Craig Gordon?

All worth half of what they were sold for(if that)

Bellemy coming back???

Not realistic move. Fulham could sell Bullard. What a player he would be for us! Of course he has a history of serious injuries. Steve Finnan could be a right back we need. Just read that he has played only four matches in Spain. Couldn´t cost much. There´s not too many right wingers available. Has anyone seen lately that Czech fellow Sionko playing? Plays for Copenhagen in Denmark. Impressed last summer and would definetely want a move to PL.

Chelsea spend £130m a year on wages, we spend £40m a year on wages.

We have never and never will "miss out" on a Chelsea player- we cannot afford their wages.

he went portsmouth-there could have been a chance we could have got him..hes got alot going for him-pacey, can defend can get forward-we missed out on a solid right back there..

We're not in Portsmouth's financial league either.

I really don't know what planet mozzer is on but he/she was nowhere near the Premier League in the last three years whilst Pompey/'arry were rolling in the Gaydamaks' money.

Remember the Gaydamaks are paying Campbell £90K a week, James £75K a week, Defoe considerably more than the £50K he was on at Spuds, topped Johnson's £60K a week from his Chelsea days and paid £60K a week to Diarra blowing the Rovers' interest in him out of the water. In the last published accounts, Pompey's wage bill was £58m against our £36m.

However, the story is in rapid reverse- Diarra, Campell, James, Defoe and others are certain to be shipped out of Pompey in January BECAUSE the Gaydamaks are in deep icky stick.

It is looking likely the January window will have come and gone before they can conclude a club sale and such is their need to stop cash draining and to bring cash in from asset sales, they will have to start moving the players out just eight working days from now.

Archived