BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

just a thought , when sam looks around the dressing room before todays game , how many of them players have been involved in relagtion scraps? Dunn? that possibly could be it! he may want to spend that reported £10m on players who have , which just may bring players to the fore like , Ben Haim , Bullard and Davies

Reporter on Setanta said Bullard was the difference between the teams today.

I hear Newcastle are in for him.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to see,

RB - Finnan, loan with view to buy

CB - Ben Haim

CB - Dunne, long shot but maybe part of RSC deal

CM - Appiah, could Sam pull it off?

CM - Bullard

RM - Not sure on this, Pennant on the cheap would be decent

ST - replacement for RSC if he goes. Not sure who tho. Bellamy maybe?

Bellamy is expensive and his wages too high. Ben Haim is very much over rated. No no for Dunne too. Bullard would be so perfect for Rovers. His knees seem to be fine too. Has anyone acctualy seen Appiah playing lately? If RSC stays we need only two players desperately. CM and RW. Emo is decent RB.

Bellamy is history, both in relation to us or to the game as a whole. If we want injury prone Whammers, then Ashton would be a better choice. Or how about a striker from the SPL like McCarthy or Boyd? Or giving trials to Lambert or Fryatt from League 1?

WHY DONT WE HAVE GO FOR ROBBIE KEANE OR CISSE SOMEONE WITH A BIT OF PACE :brfcsmilie:

Realistic - sign a cover striker for £3m and add him to the Benni/Roberts/Derbyshire pool, and focus on the right winger we've been needed for almost six months now. If we try to spend big on a Roque replacement any half decent club and player is going to see us coming and get all kinds of price hikes and relegation release clauses inserted to the point that we'd be throwing the money away.

As for Bellamy... he told TalkSport that Celtic couldn't afford to buy him for £7m and then pay him £100k a week - supposedly he's on that at the Hammers. We're not going to get anyone from the Prem, almost every other club has ridiculously inflated wage bills.

Only clubs where the money is still sensible are probably Everton (skint), Spurs (always heard they were good at keeping wages down somehow) and maybe places like Fulham and Boro. There aren't many/any strikers in any of those clubs who we could count on replacing Roque, and we'd be charged £10m since everyone knows we're getting £18m from RSC.

At present I would be amazed if anyone would want to spend 18m on Cruz. He has been poor all season and his injuries seem to be creeping back. I can't see him going unless he scores three or four before the end of the window, thus putting him back in the headlines and restoring confidence in him as a world class player. On todays performance from Roberts and McCarthy, and Cruz's recent three or four he might not start for a few games for Rovers now anyway...

Bullard is a cracking player and I am sure we will be interested. Allardyce signing written all over him. However he has been playing so well that others with more cash and a bigger profile will also want him. I imagine Fulham would ask 10m for him as well! So not very realistic, although I think we could stretch to the 50k wages if we wanted him enough.

We certainly need one more central midfield player. Reid is out for the season, both Grella and Dunn seem far too injury prone to be relied on, Andrews is a squad player, Mokoena is a pretty bad stop gap, nothing more, Tugay is a genius but 38, and Vogel is missing? Lots of bodies but no one really is dependable! If you consider that Warnock and Emerton have both played in the centre, that is NINE players without one of them being someone you would confidently see on the team sheet week in week out at CM for whatever reason.

Appiah is the obvious standout candidate, but the fact that no one has picked him up yet seems to indicate some serious concerns about him. His fitness, attitude and wage demands all have question marks hovering above them.

I fully expect Allardyce to find players we know very little of, or potentially people we have forgotten about.

A quality keeper is the single most important thing in our quest for survival.

Throwing your gloves to the crowd at the end doesn't help you catch the ball Paul. The one cross that he came for sailed so far over his head it was nearly funny.

Crowd has started holding it's breath collectively at every high floated ball. Worried we are not being connected with a quality keeper. Spend all £5m on one.

Totally disagree Prof.

The press transfer tittle tattle on Rovers today is woefully pathetic.

The Ince rag tag and bobtail list is completely off the agenda whilst there is the usual Manager going back for players he knows stuff.

With Sam signalling he is willing to be adventurous in the market, it is going to make this thread wild and woolly to say the least.

linked to bolton keeper ali-al-habsi here..even tho we have loads of keepers we could get rid of jason brown and sign him-hes a top player who wouldnt just play back-up to robinson-but actually push him..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20986426/

i like the look of ricardo gardner-can play left back and left wing-has pace -can take players on and chips in with the odd goal-could be worth a bid who can cover positions that we need cover for..

Nicko- any interesting players Sam is looking at or has he not started yet?

Also do you think Sam will change the style of play at Rovers or has he learnt his lesson from Newcastle?

I know he wants a left back, defensive 'sitter' and a striker...but he doesn't have names to go with the positions yet.

Give it time.

Archived