BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

although taken from f365 it's quoting the mirror...

THE NEVILLER OFF TO ROVERS?

Curious stuff in The Daily Mirror this morning.

Buried far away from their normal gossip sections in the '3PM' column is the whisper that Sam Allardyce wants to bring Gary Neville to Blackburn as a player-coach.

Apparently the Fat Man is keen to add some belligerence and sub-standard facial hair to his staff, and what better man than The Neviller?

So have the Mirror hidden it because they aren't particularly confident, or is it just a subbing/layout mishap?

You decide.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if we were to sell Roque, the priority position should be right midfield, because that would allow us to drop Emerton back to full back. Emerton has performed above all expectations on the wing, but he doesn't get enough balls into the box and he doesn't beat his man. He is, however, an excellent full back, one of the best in the league outside the top four.

Really, we don't need to bring in many players. Just a right winger and maybe a forward, though not as a priority.

Sorry lads a full-back has to be strong both going forward and defensively, unfortunatly Bert is not too strong at defending. He is good at supporting the winger getting past him, and then getting caught out.

However out of what we have he'd be my first choice for now but it is a position we have needed for a while now. Sadly it would mean Derb's out wide so Ooijer can stay there.

Would they let him go half-way in the season? I think he would be interested and if he is past his injuries, Id play him there for sure ahead of Simpson and possibly Ooijer. But Berts still the best in that position for me. Id be looking for a right winger instead!

wow.

now that would be an incredible signing.

i'd love his infectious winning attitude to rub off on some of our lot and the youngsters.

If Neville becomes available then im 95% certain he will end up at Everton. They already want him, his brother is there, so im sure they would make that deal easily.

I think Big Sam should find us a 6ft + target man, for our new right winger to plant balls onto his head, ideally with pace to run the channels.

Sorry lads a full-back has to be strong both going forward and defensively, unfortunatly Bert is not too strong at defending. He is good at supporting the winger getting past him, and then getting caught out.

However out of what we have he'd be my first choice for now but it is a position we have needed for a while now. Sadly it would mean Derb's out wide so Ooijer can stay there.

His weakness is defending in the air. But I prefer Emo at right-back to Oojier who's a very good centre-back and nothing else imo.

Ooijer wants to leave and is going to leave in the summer. For that reason alone, we may aswell cash in on him , even for £1m in Jan and also save on 6 months of wages. Thats nearly £1.8m saved if he is on 30k a week.

Zurab is as good, if not better than him anyway.

BS should take look at HSV squad. Four very interesting players. Mathijsen, De Jong, Castelan and Olic are all top class.

I would love to see Olic here. He would be perfect for what we need up front and he was class against Villa in the Uefa Cup last week. If Santa Cruz does leave then Olic and someone like Janko (big, strong, good in air, goalscorer) should be targetted leaving us with a quality strike force. Although if McCarthy keeps playing like he did at the weekend then we may only need 1 quality striker.

If Neville becomes available then im 95% certain he will end up at Everton. They already want him, his brother is there, so im sure they would make that deal easily.

I think Big Sam should find us a 6ft + target man, for our new right winger to plant balls onto his head, ideally with pace to run the channels.

I like looking(spying) at other fan forums and Gary Neville to Burnley was a big feature on theirs recently..Think they got a bargain with Chris Eagles

Dont rate McGeady myself.

Also shouldnt we be spending money on a right winger not a left winger?

He can play on either wing and is more comfortable on his right foot than his left. He'd be a terrific signing but unfortunately I don't think we can attract someone like him whilst we're in the relegation zone.

Stephen Ireland would be a good signing for Rovers from city - especially if the owners want to buy so called big expensive stars.

I can't quite see them selling their one ever present, local, scoring midfielder in their current position. Even if they have more money than Bill Gates. One of the few positive players for them.

NOTICED ANDREW MAKES A FEW MISTAKE AND POOR TACKLES, LOOK OK THOUGH SAT

OH BL00DY CAPS LOCK

WHEN IS GRELLA BACK???????????????

:lol: So you don't know how to turn off capslock then? (Seing as you continued and didn't edit what you'd already written) :rolleyes:

Archived