BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bullard was playing non-league football at the age of 20 and 1st (3rd :)) Division football at the age of 24 having been already rejected by West Ham. Some players are good enough to make it at the top, they just need an opportunity.

Any real, young talent in the lower leagues will be snapped up by bigger clubs than us. Playing youngsters that aren't ready, or buying players from the lower leagues - there's nowt in it for rovers, only relegation.

Big Sam chasing the Attacking Midfeilder..........Hate his attitude but is a good footballer............ala Savage

Always rated him as much as I hated him...........

Big Sam After Chasing Midfilder........

Video

I wouldn't care if we signed Diouf.

We've had prats like him before.

Actually the more I think about it - what a great singing he would be.

Grella (when he is up and running) and Diouf in the centre of the park. Interesting.

And he would leave the Mackams at the drop of a hat.

Diouf has NEVER played centre midfield in his life! And, what's more, he never will.

The furthest back he goes is on the right side of a 4-3-3. He'd be a solution to the right side problem when Sam eventually moves to that formation (as we all know he will do at some point).

Guest Kamy100

While Diouf is a talented player he represents everything that is bad about the "modern footballer".

He is close friend of Benni McCarthy's so if there is genuine interest then I could actually see this happening.

Well Diouf is a good player, that is obvious. But he is such an odious individual, even more so than Bellamy which is an achivement. Savage was a pantomime villain, not actually a bad bloke.

The only footballer I like less as a person is Barton. We need someone with Diouf's qualities, but it will test my enthusiasm for Rovers. That said I would be happy if he came and massviely improved his behaviour (ie. no spitting, diving etc.), that would even make me feel good about the reforming qualities of Rovers (it is a fair point that bellmay was broadly decent whilst at Ewood). But it does put me on edge, and I would hate to see him acting up for us.

At least he is not violent like Barton, but it does feel like grasping at straws...

I can't get excited about Diouf, I remember too many instances of cheating and diving. He is a good player, of that there is no doubt.

Sort of reminds me of Bellamy and Savage, roundly hated by the opposition but loved by the home fans...

He has been one of those players that makes your skin crawl, when playing against Rovers, as you said the diving , the cheating etc. Horrible player to play against, but to be a player on your side, that is a different story.

Anyway apart from Rovers supporters, most others hate Rovers for some strange reason - so having Diouf in a Rovers shirt, upsetting other teams supporters (as you say like savage) etc. I can live with that.

If I recall correctly Houllier signed Diouf for about £11 million before the World Cup 2002, he did not do particularly well until Big Sam and Bolton stepped in.

I find it amazing how many foreign stars love working with Sam.

Anelka, Diouf, Youri D, Meite, Jay Jay, Campo, Hierro, the list could go on but it is certainly impressive.

Again, like others have mentioned I am not a big fan of Diouf playing for other clubs but if he were to come to us then I wouldn't mind. As long as he is doing his stuff for us rather than against us I probably won't find myself moaning and nor will others on this board. He does have skill and talent and if Big Sam can bring that out of him then he would be a decent signing. Him on the right hand side of midfield and Bullard in the middle may just bring a bit more excitement back to the team.

Don't worry. He is a player that opposition fans love to hate.

As soon as he signs you will forgive him. Thats how we work as football fans. Fickle.

He could be our new Robbie Savage (not his position on the pitch, but how he riles people)

Agree with you there Bucky :o Diouf would add a lot more quality to the squad than your Robbie Howlers and Keith Andrews could.

He has PACE something we seem to be short of, hopefully Sam can make it a pair of bad boys and bring in Joey Barton.

Diouf is like Savage, you hate him if he's against you, but love him if he is playing for you.

Interesting how many of those players we have had recently...

Savage

Bellamy

Neill

If he can come in and do a job at right midfield, fine.

I really think it is unfair to lump Savage in with Bellamy et al. Savage is a nice guy who just plays a bit of a pantomime villain when on the pitch. He doesn't try and injure his opponenets and he behaves himself off the field of play. He is a joker, but largely alright. Neill also is not a bad bloke, just very aggressive in the challenge.

Bellamy, Diouf and Barton are a different level entirely. Quite clearly nasty pieces of work.

Archived