BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

I really think it is unfair to lump Savage in with Bellamy et al. Savage is a nice guy who just plays a bit of a pantomime villain when on the pitch. He doesn't try and injure his opponenets and he behaves himself off the field of play. He is a joker, but largely alright. Neill also is not a bad bloke, just very aggressive in the challenge.

Bellamy, Diouf and Barton are a different level entirely. Quite clearly nasty pieces of work.

The three you mentioned ARE different.

Barton has been convicted of crimes committed.

Bellamy has been charged with crimes but not convicted of any.

Diouf has been charged with spitting.

I may be wrong but that is what I recall and as such the only one I do not want at my club is Barton who is quite clearly a thug.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barton & Diouf are both very good football players, regardless of what happens off the field. Either would be an improvement our our team.

I do not want Blackburn Rovers FC associating itself with Barton, a convicted thug at Man City and Newcastle. the last thing we need is the negative publicity that he would bring- I dont think he is a good player anyway, better than Dunn? Pass.

Barton & Diouf are both very good football players, regardless of what happens off the field. Either would be an improvement our our team.

I would have Barton in an instant at Rovers, regardless of his past, he is an excellent footballer.

Diouf on the other hand, is a diving, spitting cheat and I will never forgive him for the time he tripped hiself up to earn a penalty at Ewood. Although, I am as fickle as most supporters and if he did come and perform to his potential would welcome him. Especially if he earned us a penalty in the same manner.

joey barton=thug

diouf=dirty

both are good players-but both are the above..you have one who shows what he is like outside of football-and another who spits at players...thanks but no thanks..

we are a good family club-we cant be assiocated with players who are dirty and thugs..

joey barton=thug

diouf=dirty

both are good players-but both are the above..you have one who shows what he is like outside of football-and another who spits at players...thanks but no thanks..

we are a good family club-we cant be assiocated with players who are dirty and thugs..

what did we think off Savage and Bellamy before they signed for us though??? . They have had there problems in the past true, but so did Savage and Bellamy. I think both are good players and will improve the team.

So diving is more of a misdamenour than breaking someone's jaw or stubbing a cigar in someone's eye?

I'd rather go and by a season ticket at Turf Moor than see that violent, pathetic, snivelling waste of blood and organs playing for us. Barton is the sort of scum that would walk the streets and start a fight with anyone they didn't like the look of. He should still be inside after the number of violent assaults he has committed. Anyone who wants him at our club is an apologist for thugs and pond life. Barton isn't even a very good player, and injury prone time bomb whose only skill is his energy.

As for Diouf, whilst he would provide pace and a bit of skill, he is not the player for us. Again, he is a spitting, diving cheat, and I'd be embarrassed to have him at my club. He's quite over rated too.

I'd rather go and by a season ticket at Turf Moor than see that violent, pathetic, snivelling waste of blood and organs playing for us. Barton is the sort of scum that would walk the streets and start a fight with anyone they didn't like the look of. He should still be inside after the number of violent assaults he has committed. Anyone who wants him at our club is an apologist for thugs and pond life. Barton isn't even a very good player, and injury prone time bomb whose only skill is his energy.

I don't care if he's ###### Ronaldo. I'd rather we signed Glenn Little, and he's ######.

So diving is more of a misdamenour than breaking someone's jaw or stubbing a cigar in someone's eye?

As for Diouf, whilst he would provide pace and a bit of skill, he is not the player for us. Again, he is a spitting, diving cheat, and I'd be embarrassed to have him at my club. He's quite over rated too.

we did have Andy Todd playing for us once don't forget, did he not punch someone on the trainning ground in his days when he was at Bolton or Charlton!!!!!

• Backroom

I don't care how much i dislike a player as long as he could help our chances of survival, and Diouf is certainly a player that could fit in very well in our side and help us.

Therefore it's worth a shot, having a player many detest is a lesser of two evils when compared to a future in the lower leagues.

True but that was a one-off heat of the moment thing probably. Stubbing a cigarette butt in someone's eye is just vile and several leagues above that.

i suppose it is, i can't see Sam going for Barton anyway to be truthfull, is he not out injured for a while anyway?? . i think the Diouf rumour might have some truth in it though!!!!!!

joey barton change his attitude-hes 25 and still hasnt learned his lesson..

hes a good player by all means-but hes a thug who we should stay well clear of...

theres a difference between barton -bellamy and savage..youve got bellamy and savage-who, when your club play against them you dislike them-but on the other hand would like them at your club-but then you have barton-who has had numerous chances and still hasnt learned to grow up..

we should go for honest professionals..barton isnt one of them..

plus we dont need barton-we have david dunn-all heart and passion...

if we want to look at central midfielders we should look at west ham or portsmouth-both rumoured to have financial difficulties..ie sean davis, scott parker, papa bouba diop..

joey barton change his attitude-hes 25 and still hasnt learned his lesson..

hes a good player by all means-but hes a thug who we should stay well clear of...

theres a difference between barton -bellamy and savage..youve got bellamy and savage-who, when your club play against them you dislike them-but on the other hand would like them at your club-but then you have barton-who has had numerous chances and still hasnt learned to grow up..

we should go for honest professionals..barton isnt one of them..

plus we dont need barton-we have david dunn-all heart and passion...

if we want to look at central midfielders we should look at west ham or portsmouth-both rumoured to have financial difficulties..ie sean davis, scott parker, papa bouba diop..

scott parker yes, but the other two would not improve our team at all.

we did have Andy Todd playing for us once don't forget, did he not punch someone on the trainning ground in his days when he was at Bolton or Charlton!!!!!

Andy Todd did this too.

Bellamy and Diouf are in a completely different ball park to Barton. I never want to see Barton in a Rovers shirt no matter how good a footballer he is. There is something wrong about someone in his position being given '2nd' chance after '2nd' chance. Let him stay at Barcodes.

Diouf is a dirty player, a cheater and a diver but there's no way you could compare him to Barton. The same goes for Bellamy.

golf club, anyone?

that edges our hero bellamy that bit closer to barton in my opinion.

not convinced by diouf, he performs one in four games. not good enough.

routledge all the way, he's outstanding and has not a real chance since palace. overshadowed by the lennon of a few seasons ago at spurs and young at villa. no shame their. an exciting talent.

I see the Barton issue has re-surfaced.

Perhaps its best left alone till he's linked with us if he ever is, its just one of those subjects.

Diouf signing/maybe is one I am in two minds about, he's never become the player he looked like at the world cup. He did well at Bolton but more was expected of him. If he signs for me it will be disappointing not because of his playing ability, hes proven at this level but because it means 451. I'm a big advocate of partnerships up top I'm not convinced our strikers are up to the solitary role.

Archived