BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

OK let's have the Joey Barton debate.

He is a thoroughly unpleasany chap. Agreed. However there are plenty other footballers I have equal dislike for.

So let's look at the positives??? and negatives.

+++++++++++++++

He would be cheap, both in wages and transfers.

He is approaching his peak as a player and has low mileage.

He is exactly the player we type of player we need at the moment.

He would be likely to stay following an unplanned relegation.

- - - - - - - - - - -

His appearance may distract other players (especially if he kicks their head in!)

He will get sent off...he may get sent down.

Negative fan reaction

Has he lost form.

The gut reaction is no to him......but......??

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK let's have the Joey Barton debate.

He is a thoroughly unpleasany chap. Agreed. However there are plenty other footballers I have equal dislike for.

So let's look at the positives??? and negatives.

+++++++++++++++

He would be cheap, both in wages and transfers.

He is approaching his peak as a player and has low mileage.

He is exactly the player we type of player we need at the moment.

He would be likely to stay following an unplanned relegation.

- - - - - - - - - - -

His appearance may distract other players (especially if he kicks their head in!)

He will get sent off...he may get sent down.

Negative fan reaction

Has he lost form.

The gut reaction is no to him......but......??

He's an evil, racist thug who should be already spending the rest of his life behind bars like his brother.

I like barton as a player, well most of his game.

However we are in the pooh and don't need to be taking such huge risks. I would not say no to him in the summer though, I just don't think its the right time.

If he makes it too the summer and Newcastle want rid on the cheap I think we should take a look, not before

However we are in the pooh and don't need to be taking such huge risks. I would not say no to him in the summer though, I just don't think its the right time.

If he makes it too the summer and Newcastle want rid on the cheap I think we should take a look, not before

Has he not got a long term injury to about March anyway?

I don't think JW would saction Barton, and I am pretty sure Allardyce doesn't want him now after his failure to control himself at Newcastle.

joey barton was actually a very good footballer at city but his problems in the past has overshaddowed it , wouldnt touch him with a barge pole though now , not the same player he was , could well turn us into the team everyone wants to see get relegated

joey barton was actually a very good footballer at city but his problems in the past has overshaddowed it , wouldnt touch him with a barge pole though now , not the same player he was , could well turn us into the team everyone wants to see get relegated

Has he not got a long term injury to about March anyway?

Is he? Ah well just adds to my in summer part, lol.

I don't think JW would saction Barton, and I am pretty sure Allardyce doesn't want him now after his failure to control himself at Newcastle.

Good points, JW would never want the likes of Barton here. However when he was younger and at City I always thought he'd make a good replacement for Savage.

Was Sam in charge when joey went mental? Joey was very ferocious with his defence of BFS to the Newcastle fans perhaps too much so his back-tracking was amusing to read. That made me think the two of them got on quite well.

Tricky call but he can play.

I know he wants a left back, defensive 'sitter' and a striker...but he doesn't have names to go with the positions yet.

Give it time.

Interesting that he wants a "sitter", i wonder if Grella's injury is looking more seriousl.

It is daft when we have 4 players whose main job is that role and all, for whatever reason, cannot be relied on - Mokoena, Vogel, Grella and Tugay....

Interesting that he wants a "sitter", i wonder if Grella's injury is looking more seriousl.

It is daft when we have 4 players whose main job is that role and all, for whatever reason, cannot be relied on - Mokoena, Vogel, Grella and Tugay....

I posted that earlier as well, it is a little odd.

I do think we've got some right turkeys in that role and not one of them seems affective in gobbling up the opposition.

I wonder if we're going to see something like this soon.

-------------------GK---------------------

RB---------CB----------CB-----------LB

------------DM----------DM--------------

RW---------------AM------------------LW

-------------------ST----------------------

Its appeals to me and we'd de very strong on the flanks this way.

That's not how Allardyce had Bolton set-up Majiball, I'll be surprised if he goes for a 4-2-3-1 when he's never really used it before. He usually goes for one proper defensive midfielder (Campo style), with a box-to-box player and a more attack minded midfielder ahead of him.

I don't want to see Warnock leave before the summer. Our defence will be key in this struggle keeping them together and working on them would be priority for me.

They can all do it Nelsen, Samba, Ooijer, Warnock, Brett, Kish are a good base to build from. If we do sign a new defender then we have the language issue (there's no way we can afford British, surely), adaptation to the league and the game over here.

If however its Warnock that wants out (we have heard rumours) then for me its sit him down and tell him how it is time, remind him about Pool reserves, and the platform we have given him. You owe us stevie don't forget it, you can go in the summer, not before.

Right now Majiball, if I was a premier league manager looking for a left back I wouldnt take Steven warnock if he was offered to me on a free transfer so poor is he at this moment in time.

Second half his pass completion to a fellow Rovers player must have been around 30% did you see the second half when Tugay played a bad ball backwards Stoke attacked down Warnocks side and he had another Wigan moment running off somewhere that meant he wasnt in a position to defend effectively which meant another Rovers player had to do what Warnock should have been doing and challenge the Stoke player.

His head isnt screwed on at the moment which for me makes him an out and out number one liability to the team.

At this moment in time Rovers cant afford to carry passengers which is what Warnock is proving to be.

Archived