SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My season ticket will be going back if he does :angry2:

i wouldnt be against it.

davies owes rovers, big time! and he's unrecognisable when he was last with us. i never saw him compete for 1 header (or anything else) while he was here.

if he helps keep us up, he will have complete redemption.

he'll have saved the club and ensured 40M+ for next season. we can then write off the old 7M transfer fee and his 98-99 mars bar bill!

got to remember sam allarydyce 's preferred formation is a 4-3-3 cum 4-5-1 and when we are shipping goals the likelihood is for the rest of the season it will be 4-5-1 , during is bolton and newcastle days he had a defensive midfielder screening the back 4 ( ie campo/ geremi) but wasnt scared of putting wide midfileders at full back ( ricardo gardner and charles nzogbia) and he wanted a midfielder capable of chipping in with maybe 7-10 goals a season ( nolan and given the chance barton) therefore his team on saturday may well be :

robinson

emerton samba nelson warnock

vogel

andrews dunn

derbshire pedersen

santa cruz

i would think he is going to look for a pacey player down the right who can whip in a good cross, cant see him letting rsc go (perfect target man), also i think he will work hard on warnock and mgp overlapping game, sams full backs like to get forward.

Cant see sam getting rid of too many just yet unless he needs to do to bring in others, so much relies on how much he is going to get or if he sells rsc, as much as like rsc he has to decide if his performances are going to change, that kind of money could do a lot for a squad like ours.

Worth a look if the price is correct. Purely based on the low cost and he is better than some of our tat like Fowler, Gallagher and possibly Roberts.

Striker Leroy Lita, who is on loan at Norwich, could be allowed to leave Reading in January for only £300,000. (The Sun)

Worth a look if the price is correct. Purely based on the low cost and he is better than some of our tat like Fowler, Gallagher and possibly Roberts.

Striker Leroy Lita, who is on loan at Norwich, could be allowed to leave Reading in January for only £300,000. (The Sun)

We need better than Lita.

I would have said Bellamy instead since he's on his way, but if he's on 100K a week then he can do one he's barely worth half that.

At the end of the day I think I would spend the money elsewhere in the squad starting with midfield, I'd only look for a new striker if I could off-load one, cough Roberts, cough.

I'm keen to see what BFS will do with Dunn.

Fowler can go no worries, has he not already. So you want a new back-up, I think we need another first choice.

Lita would make a good back-up, but we only need 5 strikers if we are playing with two up top.

Just heard McDonald on Talk drivel.

Says we have excellent players.

They just need a boost.

In about 3 weeks we should see results from training

Training for the next three weeks is sorted/planned.

Oh and he loves the word UM.

Yeah but surely if we let Fowler and Gallagher go which is probably about 25-30k a week in wages, then someone like Lita would be useful to have around the squad where as the two mentioned are not of any use.

I doubt Fowler got any money out of us really. JW was clearly circumspect about the deal, and the amount of time it dragged on seems to indicate that we were negotiating a tough line. Gally probs is on 15k ish but I think Plymouth will be paying some of that?

If we do have 10 million I would imagine that that will go on a striker and a right winger of quality, they are the immediate concerns. I can't see much of a future for Mokoena and Roberts so I would imagine they will be the first moving towards the exit door.

Beyond that I would look to clear out the squad a bit and get in higher quality players if possible, particularly central defender. But largely the players available are of a good standard.

Although we are pretty flush with central players, Appiah has Allardyce written all over him. I wonder if that would be our first port of call? A three in the middle of Appiah, Grella and Dunn could be a very good combination....

We must simply address the frailty of the right side of our team. A decent new winger and a right back are the first priority, any other business is a bonus.

To raise more funds, I feel we wouldn't be to concerned at letting Roberts, Mokoena and Andrews leave. Just not good enough imo.

We must simply address the frailty of the right side of our team. A decent new winger and a right back are the first priority, any other business is a bonus.

To raise more funds, I feel we wouldn't be to concerned at letting Roberts, Mokoena and Andrews leave. Just not good enough imo.

I'm happy with Emo at right-back. get someone like Keightly in front of him and we'd transform the team

Posted this in the wrong thread before.

1. Elano anyone? Would love to see him in out centre mid. City dont seem to fancy him anymore. Hes reported on the bbc to be talking about a loan move to lazio. Wonder how much hed cost or if we could get him on loan.

2. Mcgeedy (however its spelt) from celtic. Looks class whenever ive seen him, good at dribbling and plays on the wing. Has fallen out with Strachan at celtic. Might be looking to offload.

Don't get me wrong, emo was brilliant at right back. If I had to be picky, he isn't very good in the air and gets caught out with the cross field ball or crosses flying over is head. I think his best position is central midfield, covers so much ground and I've always been very impressed with him there.

I doubt Fowler got any money out of us really. JW was clearly circumspect about the deal, and the amount of time it dragged on seems to indicate that we were negotiating a tough line. Gally probs is on 15k ish but I think Plymouth will be paying some of that?

Although we are pretty flush with central players, Appiah has Allardyce written all over him.

Gallagher was on 16k a week over 4 years ago, he had to play 1 more game to activate a pay rise, which he played the night I was discussing this topic. I would imagine he would then of been on the minimum of £20k a week and like I said that was about 4 years ago, so nowadays it must be more!?

Fowler was on a basic wage of £5k a week + bonuses based on if he played, scored, created assists etc. So on those I think 25-30k was a fair reflection of how much wage they take up.

Agree with you about Appiah though.

Bullard is likely to be available

I tell you what, his injury problems and potential difficulties with passing a medical are well documented - but doesn't he strike you as exactly the sort of player Sam would take a chance on?

Gallagher was on 16k a week over 4 years ago, he had to play 1 more game to activate a pay rise, which he played the night I was discussing this topic. I would imagine he would then of been on the minimum of £20k a week and like I said that was about 4 years ago, so nowadays it must be more!?

Gally's on almost the same as Benni N Co, I don't adam and eve it, he's not worth 5K, shocking. Plymouth will never be able to afford that.

Archived