BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Fat Sam's Shopping List

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another left back? Surely not. If we could just get Grella fit and play Vogel in the mean time, then we wouldn't really need a 'sitter'. Now that Dunn is fit, we also have him and Tugay to push forward. Spend the money on a right midfielder and a striker!

Worry about central midfield replacements at the end of the season.

I know he wants a left back, defensive 'sitter' and a striker...but he doesn't have names to go with the positions yet.

Give it time.

He dosn't fancy Warnock then? I think someone posted that we were interested in PSG striker Péguy Luyindula. He's 29, has cost a few quid in past transfers and maybe under achieved with his current club. Classic Allardyce signing? Maybe Eddie, our Paris correspondant, can shed some light on that one?

Another left back? Surely not. If we could just get Grella fit and play Vogel in the mean time, then we wouldn't really need a 'sitter'. Now that Dunn is fit, we also have him and Tugay to push forward. Spend the money on a right midfielder and a striker!

Worry about central midfield replacements at the end of the season.

lose stephen warnock-theres no decent cover at left back..olsson is talented but he needs to go on loan to toughen up..

as for a sitter-we have mokoena(who i believe could well be suited to 4-5-1 if sam plays it), vogel and grella..so yeh i dont see why we need one..unless he is looking to get rid of some midfielders..

I dont understand why my Nihat suggestion to many on here,is a bad one. The guy will not cost much, and im sure he wouldnt mind moving to the Premiership. Also still think another centre back would be good

I know he wants a left back, defensive 'sitter' and a striker...but he doesn't have names to go with the positions yet.

Give it time.

He has watched one game and two days training and he has made his decisions already. Spookily they are similar to the positions Ince had earmarked.

Are they genuinely positons he is concerned with, positions that Whitbread's dossier on players have been on or positions he knows he can get some of his own players in.

lose stephen warnock-theres no decent cover at left back..olsson is talented but he needs to go on loan to toughen up..

as for a sitter-we have mokoena(who i believe could well be suited to 4-5-1 if sam plays it), vogel and grella..so yeh i dont see why we need one..unless he is looking to get rid of some midfielders..

We needed one in the summer. We got grella, perhaps Sam is looking to shift "the Crab" and Vogel on.

Having not seen enough of Grella to formulate a decent overview off him, perhaps BFS has. We are so weak in midfield i can understand why he wants to strenghten here.

Two sitters in a 5 man midfield with Dunn infront? It would also give our full-backs serious licence to go forward.

Sam did say he wanted a Right winger and it was a priority.

Blackburn have emerged as front-runners to open the bidding for out-of-favour Celtic winger Aiden McGeady. (Sunday Express)

Seriously. How can we afford him surely he's going to cost a bomb. 10M fee surely at least, I'll believe these sort off signings when they are paraded.

However I like him as a player, except for the fact he betrayed his country and choose Ireland over Scotland. We just got rid of one "Judas" I'm not sure I could cope with another one.

linked to bolton keeper ali-al-habsi here..even tho we have loads of keepers we could get rid of jason brown and sign him-hes a top player who wouldnt just play back-up to robinson-but actually push him..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20986426/

i like the look of ricardo gardner-can play left back and left wing-has pace -can take players on and chips in with the odd goal-could be worth a bid who can cover positions that we need cover for..

Gardner has scored 2 in five seasons! :lol:

Give it time.

Anymore news on the addition to the back room team?

Will chief/head scout be Whitbread still?

Anymore news on the addition to the back room team?

Will chief/head scout be Whitbread still?

I believe Sam wants Ricky Sbragia...but the trouble is he is doing rather well at Sunderland...and you play them next weekend.

Whitbread still chief scout, but Sam has his own contacts - between them they should be ok for January.

I believe Sam wants Ricky Sbragia...but the trouble is he is doing rather well at Sunderland...and you play them next weekend.

Whitbread still chief scout, but Sam has his own contacts - between them they should be ok for January.

Any developments on the Sunderland managers job, Nicko?

Give it time.

Looking at this from the 'outs' angle does that mean Warnock, Cruz and Vogel leaving.

Any developments on the Sunderland managers job, Nicko?

No - a bit shambolic. Sbragia is keeping them going and getting them out of jail. The club is split behind the scenes about the appointment.

If Sbragia does not get it I think he will be at Rovers very soon after.

Looking at this from the 'outs' angle does that mean Warnock, Cruz and Vogel leaving.

Not necessarily.

I don't want to see Warnock leave before the summer. Our defence will be key in this struggle keeping them together and working on them would be priority for me.

They can all do it Nelsen, Samba, Ooijer, Warnock, Brett, Kish are a good base to build from. If we do sign a new defender then we have the language issue (there's no way we can afford British, surely), adaptation to the league and the game over here.

If however its Warnock that wants out (we have heard rumours) then for me its sit him down and tell him how it is time, remind him about Pool reserves, and the platform we have given him. You owe us stevie don't forget it, you can go in the summer, not before.

No - a bit shambolic. Sbragia is keeping them going and getting them out of jail. The club is split behind the scenes about the appointment.

If Sbragia does not get it I think he will be at Rovers very soon after.

Do you really think Sbragia ticks the Sunderland Boards Boxes?

I'd love to see him at Rovers, hes a great motivator and a fellow "JOCK". Would be a positive appointment more so than McDonald, Curiously Nicko I thought he may join as assistant to BFS any idea why he choose McDonald over him? Sunderland job?

Any idea when sunderland will take there head out of the sand and do something about there vacancy?

Do you really think Sbragia ticks the Sunderland Boards Boxes?

I'd love to see him at Rovers, hes a great motivator and a fellow "JOCK". Would be a positive appointment more so than McDonald, Curiously Nicko I thought he may join as assistant to BFS any idea why he choose McDonald over him? Sunderland job?

Any idea when sunderland will take there head out of the sand and do something about there vacancy?

Neil McDonald is the 'assistant' just now...if Sbargia could be persuaded then that could always change.

Sunderland will just carry on regardless as long as they are getting results. It's the Premier League. Don't apply logic or common sense.

Any idea how much money nicko?

I think they will find up to £10 million for Sam if he needs it - but that would include wages obviously.

There are clubs that can be raided just now - it's just a matter of talking people into joining a relegation fight.

Interesting times.

He dosn't fancy Warnock then? I think someone posted that we were interested in PSG striker Péguy Luyindula. He's 29, has cost a few quid in past transfers and maybe under achieved with his current club. Classic Allardyce signing? Maybe Eddie, our Paris correspondant, can shed some light on that one?

Please...

God...

No...

There's only one player I'd seriously want for Rovers and that is Sessegnon who I think would suit the Premiership down to the ground.

nicko:

Last month norwegian defender Tore Reginiussen was at Rovers for a trial. Do you have any insight as to how that went? As there has not been any further development, and that he is linked with Fulham, I suppose the deal is dead?

Both the club and the agent are trying to get him to Fulham...so it could have been a 'no thanks' from Rovers.

However Sam could have another look at it if he wants cover.

You can't dismiss anything right now, the market is going to be a bit crazy this time.

Neil McDonald is the 'assistant' just now...if Sbargia could be persuaded then that could always change.

Sunderland will just carry on regardless as long as they are getting results. It's the Premier League. Don't apply logic or common sense.

I think they will find up to £10 million for Sam if he needs it - but that would include wages obviously.

There are clubs that can be raided just now - it's just a matter of talking people into joining a relegation fight.

Interesting times.

LOL, don't apply logic or common sense.

10M is not bad, its more than I think most of us expected.

Curiously do you know about Man city transfer dealings? they have one or two who aren't playing who would look dapper in the blue N white halves

There's only one player I'd seriously want for Rovers and that is Sessegnon who I think would suit the Premiership down to the ground.

Who?

whats he like?

Archived