BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Do People Do?

Was it you that wouldn't let me have that new black modem and phone despite having been a customer since BT Broadband started?... :angry:

Oh well, I'm not one to bear a grudge. Best of luck in finding another job.

a tip for you and anyone that wants a new one is, firstly you need to be on option 3 fir the hub AND phone.. all the other options you just get the Hub.. if you are in contract you should of been given the choice of the new modem when you renewed, if not than ring up and complain.. and if you really want a new one ring the tech help team (i know they are annoying) and tell then that your router wont turn on and you need a new one, they should send you the new hub then =D

anyone on option 2 and isnt in a contract ring up and ask to speak with customer options, tell them thay you want to leave unless they can match skys price of £15 a month and they should offer you the package for just under £16 with all new equipment (12 month contract though)

P.S i havent said a word

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have always been on option 3, (or whatever the highest option was at the start) that is what is so annoying. Don't see why I shouldn't have the latest equipment. Will try your suggestion though I did ring them and tell them I was using my own (true due to the uselessness of theirs) my ruse didn't work!

• Backroom

My hub is actually messing up and I've been trying to get a new one.

I work for BT myself so get free employee broadband but still no avail.

Broadband has always struck me as an odd beast being that person A can pay a set amount and get say 8meg broadband and person b can pay the same and get 1meg. My connection is poor cause I'm served by great Harwood exchange and don't live particulary close, then again I can hardly complain when I get it free lol.

Have always been on option 3, (or whatever the highest option was at the start) that is what is so annoying. Don't see why I shouldn't have the latest equipment. Will try your suggestion though I did ring them and tell them I was using my own (true due to the uselessness of theirs) my ruse didn't work!

you could always say im going with X company if you dont give me new stuff.. that will get most advisors to give you new stuff..

My hub is actually messing up and I've been trying to get a new one.

I work for BT myself so get free employee broadband but still no avail.

Broadband has always struck me as an odd beast being that person A can pay a set amount and get say 8meg broadband and person b can pay the same and get 1meg. My connection is poor cause I'm served by great Harwood exchange and don't live particulary close, then again I can hardly complain when I get it free lol.

im lucky enough to be on the fiber optic trials myself =) try and get THD to send wholesale to your exchange, about 18 month ago i was getting 160kb/s (very slow) but next door was getting 3mb/s so i made them send wholesale out (theuy own the lines fotr anyone wondering wtf im on about) was sorted within 3 days

what department you in?

Certainly not when you think of the years that lie ahead. I'd advise anyone to do the same. I had a dream of going to Uni and finally got there at the age of 50. Even got offered a job after by the uni! Sadly couldn't take the offer due to home pressures, but never regretted doing the course.

Most definitely. After getting all the grades etc I need I'll be approx. 28 when I gradute. Which isn't that old really. One of my previous partners had been in the retail business for 7 years (since 20) and at 27 was a manager. The career I have in mind is for me going to be much more satisfying than being a manager of a retail store.

Started off as a Trainee chef, got bored, joined the army, got bored, became a trucker. :lol: to many nights away, moved into sales, started my own business in shop fitting. started doing scuba diving as a hobby ten years ago, Moved to Phuket now semi retired and a Padi diving instructor.

• Backroom
you could always say im going with X company if you dont give me new stuff.. that will get most advisors to give you new stuff..

im lucky enough to be on the fiber optic trials myself =) try and get THD to send wholesale to your exchange, about 18 month ago i was getting 160kb/s (very slow) but next door was getting 3mb/s so i made them send wholesale out (theuy own the lines fotr anyone wondering wtf im on about) was sorted within 3 days

what department you in?

BT wholesale - 21cn planning, based in Blackburn TEC at the mo

Scott,

I'm the same age as you mate and I'm only now in September working towards going to Uni. After working in retail for most of my life and both times my employment coming to an abrupt end I've decided to get myself a career. Looking forward to starting college in September and getting the neseccery grades for my choosen career. Go for it - 22 really isn't that old is :closedeyes:

I went to uni at 21. Best decision I have ever made. Also it means you are more likely to value what you have when your there. Definately do it. You are unlikely to get the chance again, and you have the next 40 years of your life to work.

If you need money work part time when you are at uni.

As for me I work in IT as well. Like it, but also hate it. Going away for a while next year and then changing career I think. :)

Got made redundant last September. Since then, set myself up in the transport industry (taxi/airport etc...) So far, it`s going well.

I do good competative rates for airport journeys. If anybody`s interested, pm me ;)

Started off as a Trainee chef, got bored, joined the army, got bored, became a trucker. :lol: to many nights away, moved into sales, started my own business in shop fitting. started doing scuba diving as a hobby ten years ago, Moved to Phuket now semi retired and a Padi diving instructor.

No Edit.

It has it's moments.

ncief8_th.jpg

725auq_th.jpg

• Backroom
im a ###### off member of the illustrios bucket squad!

Good chance i may be joining you there in the not too distant future

I'm doing an assignment at the moment and there is evidence of these pesky scamps on the site, as a result, I may have to refuse permission since they are a protected species. I believe that the Mid-Mersey area is effectively the planet's hotspot for Great Crested Newts, a big problem in Halton and Warrington.

They're in serious decline due to fragmentation of habitat and loss of ponds. They also (weirdly) have a genetic defect that means 50% of the embryo's will die and fish introduction screws the populations as they get eaten. There are loads in some areas (Peterborough has the largest population in Europe) and are a European Protected Species (like all the bats) so they have very strict protection.

If you ever see one, they're pretty attractive little beggars......just don't pick them up or I'll put you in the clink!

I went to uni at 21. Best decision I have ever made. Also it means you are more likely to value what you have when your there. Definately do it. You are unlikely to get the chance again, and you have the next 40 years of your life to work.

If you need money work part time when you are at uni.

As for me I work in IT as well. Like it, but also hate it. Going away for a while next year and then changing career I think. :)

I will be 23 when I start Uni, although that is still young enough I think. Will also boost my chances as I am going to classed as a 'mature' student.

I am one of the rather substantial number of expats on here and therefore do not get to see Rovers as much as I would wish. Generally I do get back once a year or so however and so can hopefully continue to fit some games in each year.

For the last few years I have been teaching English in various countries. After two years teaching at a university in China I have since been at an international school in Colombia for the last two years. The benefits about where I am now are firstly that there is only one season here in the tropics - summer - and also the local female populace is incredibly good looking. Oh and the nearest beach with palm trees etc on the Caribbean sea is about a drive of ten minutes away. Great nightlife and carnivals too. Apart from those things though...just like Blackburn....

Next stop is Peru as I will be teaching at another international school and this time in Lima. Time to try and make some Peruvian converts to the Rovers cause... :brfc:

In the past I always thought I would return to England but I am not sure. Maybe I am turning into one of the nomads of life..thankfully for keeping up with the news on Rovers brfcs is a godsend. :rover:

I am one of the rather substantial number of expats on here and therefore do not get to see Rovers as much as I would wish. Generally I do get back once a year or so however and so can hopefully continue to fit some games in each year.

For the last few years I have been teaching English in various countries. After two years teaching at a university in China I have since been at an international school in Colombia for the last two years. The benefits about where I am now are firstly that there is only one season here in the tropics - summer - and also the local female populace are incredibly good looking. Oh and the nearest beach with palm trees etc on the Caribbean sea is about a drive of ten minutes away. Great nightlife and carnivals too. Apart from those things though...just like Blackburn....

Next stop is Peru as I will be teaching at another international school and this time in Lima. Time to try and make some Peruvian converts to the Rovers cause... :brfc:

Very nice FLB.. Now thats a life to live :tu:

I work for The Life Channel (The Apprentice Winner's Biggest Rival).

I manage all their content and make sure that videos play correctly and meet technical specifications. I'm also currently running a National Anti Knife Crime Video competition with the Daily Mirror.

In fact if any of you fancy a go:

Enter here

No, there's just only so many times you can tell people what your job is, unless you cange it on a regular basis.

I've been made redundant three times in two years so anything is possible...

Archived