BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Do People Do?

I've always wondered what all the different people on the message board do? What's your job, are you a student, are you retired? I think it would be interesting to see what we all do with our lives. I'm graduated from the University of Ulster Art College Belfast last year, where I studied graphic design. I now work for a graphic design agency in Belfast. I work on producing print based visual materials for companies, such as posters, business cards, brochures, packaging and adverts. I also design websites, but don't build them. I always find it very hard to describe to people what graphic design is and hopefully this gives a better idea about it.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a civil servant so basically I sit on my arse all day long making chains out of paper clips, and calculating the humungous pension I'll be receiving in a few years.

Into my 20th year in the rail industry, currently work for Virgin Trains.

Well make sure the bloody things are running between Manchester and London on Saturday.

And the sodding seat reservation stuff works for once.. ;)

Student, should graduate this coming June if i pull my finger out and get this dissertation started nevermind finished. I just cannot motivate myself at the moment to do it even though i know i have to.

I'm a GIS Analyst. I crunch numbers and make maps. Of course this involves lots of colouring in :)

Have a mate who does that in Brum! I did a degree in bio/geog and I was thinking about either making maps using GIS or do a Masters in Biology. I chose biology and I am now unemployed looking for a job in research! I will spend next week working for a pie company, who knows after that! Have to say this recession has come at exactly the wrong time and really screwed me over, but chin up :D

Into my 20th year in the rail industry, currently work for Virgin Trains.

The problems on the west coast main line are virgin on the ridiculous.

I'm long retired after working in newspapers for 35 years.

Archived