BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What Do People Do?

Started off as a Trainee chef, got bored, joined the army, got bored, became a trucker. :lol: to many nights away, moved into sales, started my own business in shop fitting. started doing scuba diving as a hobby ten years ago, Moved to Phuket now semi retired and a Padi diving instructor.

Jealous!!!!!! Any jobs in Phuket? B)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
School Lab Monkey and First Aid Instructor by day.

Hobby Bobby by night.

Concert Pianist every other weekend.

Are you a PCSO? Better not introduce you to my sister if you are!

I don't really want to admit my job, as it is pretty crap and a waste of what intelligence and qualifications I have. I will say however that it is in the local Marine Training camp.

Drilling Engineering Manager based in Aberdeen now but worked in many of the major oilfield hot spots (North Sea, Norway, Russia, Algeria, Oman, USA, Canada, Libya, Angola....).

Great fun drilling holes 35,000ft deep from rigs costing up to $500k a day :D

Working in marketing for an events company right now after graduating last year from Bournemouth Uni. I reckon I'll have to up-root in the near future though to fulfill my career ambitions.

67splitscreen how do you find living in Thailand? I've travelled there a few times and it's one awesome/crazy place.

The living is still easy as they say, It's hard to find fault really. Stay out of politics and religion :D no seriously mix with the Thai's as equals, respect there culture and beliefs, you wont go far wrong.

Currently even allowing for the strong Baht it's still a site better value for money than here.

Jealous!!!!!! Any jobs in Phuket? B)

Not many without a work permit (rocking horse poo springs to mind) get work sponsorship and you have a chance.

Are you a PCSO? Better not introduce you to my sister if you are!

I don't really want to admit my job, as it is pretty crap and a waste of what intelligence and qualifications I have. I will say however that it is in the local Marine Training camp.

I'm a Special, entirely different kettle of fish

I am a quantity surveyor for Morrison utility services, obviously the natural progression from my degree in history and philosophy...

a year in september I am going back to university however to do my PGCE in primary education, as I have decided finally that this is my calling in life.

oh, im also a qualified referee :rover:

i think id depends on the company mate - i came in here doing general temporary admin work, but got offered the chance to come aboard on the graduate scheme, and doing the qualifications comes as a part of that.

its not something im neccessarily interested in though. I enjoy working here, but i think id get more reward applying my degree more by going into teaching. The PGCE is in primary education, i don't want the hassle of secondary, i want to teach kids that actually have some sort of desire to learn!

Men are majorly under-represented in primary education aswell, and can therefore reach the top relatively easily if they apply themselves, which is something i hope to have achieved within 5-6 years of qualifiying.

thankyou for the kind words :rover:

A special is a Volunteer Police Officer. They basiclly do what a real copper does without getting paid, therefore deserve maximum respect.

I take it that the role of a special is kind of used as a stepping stone to the real thing? Surely it should work in their favour anyway. Keep up the good work!

Whereas PCSO's are muppets who want to wear the uniform and tell people off for littering, and hang around criminals whilst they wait for a real policeman to come and arrest the person.

Why on earth does that make them muppets? At least they are putting something back into the community.

i think id depends on the company mate - i came in here doing general temporary admin work, but got offered the chance to come aboard on the graduate scheme, and doing the qualifications comes as a part of that.

its not something im neccessarily interested in though. I enjoy working here, but i think id get more reward applying my degree more by going into teaching. The PGCE is in primary education, i don't want the hassle of secondary, i want to teach kids that actually have some sort of desire to learn!

Men are majorly under-represented in primary education aswell, and can therefore reach the top relatively easily if they apply themselves, which is something i hope to have achieved within 5-6 years of qualifiying.

thankyou for the kind words :rover:

They're similar reasons for why I want to teach primary school. Except I've got to get all my grades <_<

I got D's in English and Maths which I need to push up to a C. In hindsight I would have pressed a little harder at school. I know that I am more than capable of getting the, although I feel I should be aiming for a B.

After school I pretty much went straight into employment so I've not got any A-Levels. All my options have been checked and I start college in September on a Access to Education course, so the wheels have been put in motion :tu:

I've just turned 22, I'm looking to be qualified by the time I'm 28/30ish which is defintiely feasible :)

Archived