BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Going To Ewood Alone

Tom

I had a season ticket by myself last season, i really wouldn't worry about it. My girlfriend rarely comes to matches but it makes a nice change when she does, probably because we've never lost when shes come to Ewood :)

Erm - could you make sure she comes to the rest of the home matches for this season please, ihtd, we need all the help we can get...

I usually go on my own these days, and I like it that way. I used to go with a few mates but as they've dropped out over the years I can sit where I want now, and move around if I feel like it.

Would you be scared on your own?

Own your own? What am I on about - there's usually 20 odd thousand other people knocking about too.

• Backroom

Ha ha I was just wondering what people's views were and mainly they're the same as mine, as said I've enjoyed going on my own in the past.

May take on board a very good suggestion from Tris though :tu:

I'm half tempted to send a postal message to Mr Williams myself. The whole reason I can afford to support Blackburn Rovers is the "Student Prices" however I fall out of that next season and living 120miles away means that I will not be able to keep up the ticket. I have been a lone Rover for a while now, with friends in various places around Ewood, and i love it.

I could afford a student ST if I got an even cheaper ticket that the one I am entitled to as well.

He hasn't made one. :blink:

1. Why not get yer mates to share at a ST and accompany you on a rota basis?

2. The JW upper has the best view of the pitch by far. (I think it's why I end up in so many disagreements with members who apparently cannot see the pitch :closedeyes: )

3. Failing that and want to save some money yourself then the Riverside has been as cheap as chips these past couple of years. Approx £13 per match I think.

As the only Rovers fan I know is my 92 yr old Gran I go to most games on my own. Once your there it makes no difference, although I will be dragging my misses to both games this week.

How many young ladies do you have or are you Jason Roberts in disguise?

He hasn't made one. :blink:

PM system Gordon, I think you're familiar with it! TCO sits a few rows back from me and better half in the BBE, just pointed out which local seats are currently non-ST in case he wanted to line up an early application to bag one.

We're just back from watching Arminia Bielefeld v Eintracht Frankfurt in the Bundesliga yesterday afternoon.

There seemed to be quite a few folk attending on their own ... but then with fantastic flame-grilled Bratwurst and beautifully chilled Krombacher Pils that you can take back to your seat, all swiftly served in 2 minutes and for the cost of a lukewarm Hollands pie - I'm not surprised.

Everyone seemed happy as well, despite the 0-0 result and the home side teetering close to the relegation zone ... and we'll definitely be back over to Germany to bag another Bundesliga ground soon - we're on 5 just now.

Maybe it's just watching Rovers which is such a miserable waste of time.

Even if you are married or engaged some partners expect you kick all your mates into touch and your lads nights out are over. so going the Rovers even alone must be good for your sanity if nothing else..

Actually no. You need to get your partner there as well. Rovers need all the fans they can get and you'll be surprised how quickly people get hooked on going to Rovers. Pretty soon he/she will be going on their own if necessary.

I remember when the BBE was being built and having a season ticket where the first half of the season was spent in the nuttal street enclosure and the second half was in the BBE. Nobody i knew wanted to spend anytime in the nuttal street, so I had to go by myself. This wasn't bad on the terraces but when I moved to the BBE I was sat next to this old couple, the women used to tut and shake her head everytime I shouted anything and the bloke was forever offering me uncle joes mint balls to every ten minutes!!

Actually no. You need to get your partner there as well. Rovers need all the fans they can get and you'll be surprised how quickly people get hooked on going to Rovers. Pretty soon he/she will be going on their own if necessary.

And vice versa gumboots. waggy's going to be a permanent Sat fixture in those Rishton boozers soon. :(

And vice versa gumboots. waggy's going to be a permanent Sat fixture in those Rishton boozers soon. :(

That's true - it's very easy to find other things to do if you get out of the habit of going. Need to get him out of there and back in his seat so he can remember what he's missing.

Archived