BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Going To Ewood Alone

Tom

• Backroom

Right I have a bit of a dilemma, the lads I have my season ticket with aren't renewing next season due to other commitments and all that jazz, however I enjoy where I sit and want to carry on there next season.

My dad and my brother sit in the Jack Walker top tier and I don't quite fancy that.

So is it sad of me to carry on going next season where I am by myself?

Sorry, but we've had this kind of daft question before. Personally, I've met several people who go on their own, you get to know the people around you anyway. Last week at Hull I met a lady who always goes on her own, she said she would rather do that than miss a match. Rovers supporters are a friendly crowd I've found, so don't worry, just do it!!! Would be more sad if you missed Rovers, I reckon!

Question for the fans forum to take forward:

Can the club create a section for single season ticket holders like TCO. A few I know go on their own too and it would be a great way for lads to make new mates and carry on the support of the club. It may also get new groups of rovers fans who may then go to away games together.

I know for a fact that if I was in TCO's predicament id be going next season.

• Backroom

There was 7 of us at the start of this season, now I'm lucky if 2 other people make it, a few times I've gone alone this year and have to say I don't mind it really.

I think I may have painted myself as a loner now ha. :P

Question for the fans forum to take forward:

Can the club create a section for single season ticket holders like TCO. A few I know go on their own too and it would be a great way for lads to make new mates and carry on the support of the club. It may also get new groups of rovers fans who may then go to away games together.

I know for a fact that if I was in TCO's predicament id be going next season.

Is that a kind of dating agency? Think they are also available on t'interweb

• Backroom

Thats the thing Jason the Mrs works saturdays so she's a no go.

May try and convince the dad to move into the Blackburn End with me or just convince my mates to renew (unlikely), otherwise I'll be in N01 alone.

Maybe the club does need to set up this section then, that way single fans can then make new mates and get to games in groups, which then might attract more mates to join in.

Maybe a social event could be organised once a month or something to get all the fans together to have a laugh. But maybe only for those who want to go, but dont really have anyone to sit with.

• Backroom

As I said I have no qualms in sitting alone, i'm there to watch at the end of the day, just rather not be looked at as that weird loner guy at matches, maybe I should grow a hobo beard to complete the image.

If yr mates are not renewing firstly get them to email the club with the reasons why.

I'm half tempted to send a postal message to Mr Williams myself. The whole reason I can afford to support Blackburn Rovers is the "Student Prices" however I fall out of that next season and living 120miles away means that I will not be able to keep up the ticket. I have been a lone Rover for a while now, with friends in various places around Ewood, and i love it.

As I said I have no qualms in sitting alone, i'm there to watch at the end of the day, just rather not be looked at as that weird loner guy at matches, maybe I should grow a hobo beard to complete the image.

And a trechcoat....

Although we have 3 season tickets and other members of the family usually come along too if they are around, there are times when I go on my own to Ewood. If you sit in your usual seat you know the people around you anyway and so what does it matter if you're on your own? I go to reserve games at Ewood on my own too and my daughter is even going to Fulham on her own. Who cares if you're doing something you enjoy doing? Life's too short to worry about it - just do it.

On a different note - the student ticket is not that though is it? It's a 16-21 ticket regardless of whether you are working or not. We kept my daughter's running even though she went to only half the games because it worked out as cheap as buying individual tickets and guaranteed that she could sit with us when she was here. Even when she spent a year in France we kept her ticket. This year however, she's still a student with no loan because she's post-grad and no cash so she's having to fund her entire course out of her savings, pay for her own food etc (of course we pay some - her savings aren't that vast) but because she's now 23 she has to pay full price and we've not renewed her season ticket. She still comes to matches whenever she can, but would it have been better for the club to have had her season ticket money upfront at the start of the season than the odd bits when she comes to a game. At yound adult price we would have renewed - at full price we couldn't. It's not all young people who are hard up. Some have well-paid jobs and get reduced prices. Others who may be students still or who may have gone back to study later like my son who is coming back from Korea to take another degree and will have to fund that out of his earnings over the last 2 years are asked to pay full price because of their age and not their circumstances.

Done a few seasons on my own lots of away games aswell over the years. That can get a little bit lonely. However met a chap at work who is a Rovers fan and go with him now. Still get to the odd away game on my own aswell.

I wouldn't worry at all mate, like someone said before try not to look shifty.

I had a season ticket by myself last season, i really wouldn't worry about it. My girlfriend rarely comes to matches but it makes a nice change when she does, probably because we've never lost when shes come to Ewood :)

All my friends are all either Hull City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea fans so i've always had no choice but to go by myself to games. Saying that i have made a fair few friends going to Ewood so i suppose the only time i've been alone at Ewood is in my seat, on the concourse i know of enough people to talk to.

take the season ticket with open arms and be glad you have the opportunity to even see them! i would LOVE to have the chance to go to ewood instead of scouring the internet on game days for live streams that are never good and always in foreign languages!!!

Archived