BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Fans St George's Flag Confiscated As 'racist Symbol'

Blackburn Rovers fans St George's flag confiscated in 'racist symbol' row:

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/42...st_symbol__row/

Aresenal stewards confiscated Blackburn Rovers fans’ 10ft flag of St. George, claiming it could be viewed as a ‘racist symbol’. They were apparently acting under clear club policy and instructions. So much for the marble halls and the tradition of Herbert Chapman. Perhaps the errant Havelock fans should be sent for some diversity training or classes on citizenship so that they might repent and see the error of their xenophobic ways?

Blackburn Rovers fans St George's flag confiscated in 'racist symbol' row:

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/sport/42...st_symbol__row/

Aresenal stewards confiscated Blackburn Rovers fans’ 10ft flag of St. George, claiming it could be viewed as a ‘racist symbol’. They were apparently acting under clear club policy and instructions. So much for the marble halls and the tradition of Herbert Chapman. Perhaps the errant Havelock fans should be sent for some diversity training or classes on citizenship so that they might repent and see the error of their xenophobic ways?

It beggars belief and especially so in the same week that we were all expected to be swilling guiness down our necks and wearing silly green top hats to make ourselves look gormless.

I despair sometimes at the ignorance I see displayed every day in the name of political correctness. Is there nothing on the statute book to cover this treasonable behaviour btw? The Havelock blues need to approach our MP and give him something useful to do for once.

Hasn't this happened before this season -I'm sure there was all the hoo hah when it was mentioned and I'm I'm positive they do actually stipulate it at the ground - seem to think Wembley was going to adopt the same but I could be wrong there.

Anyway - if that's the case - next time the Arse are at Ewood we should refuse entry to anybody wearinng anything depicting arse and the like as they are mostly all foreign if they want to be that pedantic.

Hasn't this happened before this season -I'm sure there was all the hoo hah when it was mentioned and I'm I'm positive they do actually stipulate it at the ground - seem to think Wembley was going to adopt the same but I could be wrong there.

Next obvious step down that road is for some limp wristed individual in a position of authority at Wembley to ban the England chant and have anyone starting it chucked out. And I'm not joking. It is as only as ridiculous a suggestion now as banning the George Cross would have been in 96 and 66.

WTF HAS THIS COUNTRY BECOME!!!!!

ENGLAND FLAG IN ENGLAND ???

RACIST WHAT A LOAD OF BALLS ....HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME ARSE NO WONDER NOONE LIKES THE CLUB ITS FULL OF KNOBS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM .

You have posted some rubbish lately - but this I agree on 100%.

Its England, therefore we can fly the flag of England where we want within it!

I am beginning to hate Arsenal more and more each week.

I's sure I read on the internet a few weeks back, some local council in the midlands banned the flying of OUR flag on St George's day.

Reason, it could cause racial tensions.

I'm at a loss with the way we are treated in our own country, I'll be back in the UK soon for a few months, and even that will be to long.

It really is time that the people voiced there opinions.

As for the Arsenal incident, complete La-w@nke@s.

Arsenal FC is is closely aligned with The United Arab Emirates (UAE). It sponsors the stadium (nominally using the name of the national airline). The UAE likes to portray itself as a tolerant, pro-Western oasis yet fewer than 20 percent of the 4.4 million residents in the UAE are citizens.

How have we reached such a low point where the banning of the national flag (which portrays the cross – the ultimate symbol of the sacrifice of the self for the greater good) is regarded as acceptable within the house of Al-Nahyan? The answer is of course money and lots of it. Money buys you friends and influence. It also manipulates our perceptions.

The Wahabi Gulf influence is poisoning the body of state. It already has a raft of UK politicians in its pay. Now it is insidiously attaching itself to our cultural and sporting institutions. First Arsenal then Man City and the Doha based Al-Maktoums are likely to buy Liverpool in the summer.

Let's look at the Doha-based Al-Jazeera TV station shall we? Al-Jazeera spreads a radical anti Western message throughout the Middle East. Whilst the English-language channel adopts a more balanced tone (purely for diplomatic reasons), the main Arabic language component – viewed by the masses - openly aligns itself with the Hamas/Hezbullah-Iran-Syria-Muslim Brotherhood cabalists. It identifies terrorists killed fighting NATO troops in the Iraq or Afghanistan conflicts as shahids (or martyrs).

Meanwhile back in the good ol' UAE, the recent "Emirates Airline International Festival of Literature," became a real page-turner for all the wrong reasons when Geraldine Bedell's novel The Gulf Between Us (which featured a homosexual relationship set in a fictional Gulf emirate) was censored by public officials. (Coincidentally Qatar has a male population of 75% - go figure).

‘Liberty’ declared Cromwell meant ‘rigorous settled obedience to laws that are just’; or, as Burke put it, ‘we must give away some natural liberty to enjoy civil advantages’. ‘Up and be doing!’ the Lord Protector remarked in 1643, but he could be speaking directly to us now; ‘we must act lively, do it without distraction, neglect no means’; and, going to the heart of today’s confusions also, ‘weak counsels and weak actings undo all’.

As liberal society disintegrates in front of our eyes, it is seen as 'reactionary' to favour the restoration of the nation as the heartbeat of society. Without pride in the national symbol it is no longer possible to rely on the values and duties that full citizenship ought to bring. The idea of self is consequently elevated over that of the nation, private interest usurps public service.

To protest is to invite, or incite scorn and even persecution. Either a new political settlement is to be found in Britain — or the good will resort to abandoning it in ever greater numbers.

Our colonial history/legacy is a disgrace, i mean horrendous, but it's got nothing to do with a flag that represents the people, it's the government that should be banned.

Archived