BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs Preview

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, you cocked it up again. (obviously replacing cocked with a more apt word)

Or maybe we could sing "Where were you on wednesday night" followed by

"Stayed at the rovers, you should of stayed at the rovers"

Looking forward to singing those or similar on Saturday - mind you it always seems to backfire. Can remember Neill and Wham stealing the points off us on his return, for example. Mind you Bentley will have his work cut out against the class of Givet. A few crunching sliding tackles from Givet and Bentley may think twice about trying to go for a dribble.

Again, you cocked it up again. (obviously replacing cocked with a more apt word)

Or maybe we could sing "Where were you on wednesday night" followed by

"Stayed at the rovers, you should of stayed at the rovers"

Should HAVE stayed at Rovers. Should HAVE.

There is no doubt that David Bentley was good for Blackburn Rovers. Even more so, BRFC were the platform that put young David firmly in the spotlight and made him an England International. His transfer, as much as it was ghastly to watch in the media, was the efforts of a sulking, over paid, much hyped and over indulgent thinking of a quite obnoxious individual.

There is NOT a cat in hells chance that he will get applauded at Ewood by Rovers supporters UNLESS he is sent off, injured or remains on the bench.

If he had remained a professional and waited for the move rather than instigate himself in a drunken rant on sky sports news he would have endeared himself with Rovers fans forever. For his behaviour he deserves nothing but contempt.

The boy is a "Neill-like" Leech.

"Hughesy Hughesy what's the score?"

"You might as well go home!"

Sung at 2-0 up against City. That may have backfired slightly.

guilty mlud and also having a bet and txt 3 city fans 20 seconds b4 they got there second.My little lad shouts put your phone away and goes mad if i had in the direction of the bookies.

Should HAVE stayed at Rovers. Should HAVE.

:wacko::wacko: ITS A MESSAGE BOARD FOR CHRIST SAKE,NOT A FLAMING SCHOOL LESSON,LET IT GO SMELL THE SHROOMS FELLA

ITS A MESSAGE BOARD FOR CHRIST SAKE,NOT A FLAMING SCHOOL LESSON

'It's a message board for Christ's sake, not a flaming school lesson' actually.

Well done - Gold star!

It doesnt fit, the other did!

'Should've' would fit, and be grammatically correct at the same time.

My old man said, "Follow the plan, don't dilly dally on the way!"

Off went the tart with the home crowd cheering,

Tackled from behind and the Lane started jeering.

Cos he dillied and dallied, dallied and dillied,

Lost the ball and cost the spuds a goal.

You can't trust show-boaters like the old-time cloggers

When you can't win your games at home.

My old man said, "Follow the ball, don't dilly dally on the way!"

Off went the tart with the home crowd cheering,

Tackled from behind and the Lane started jeering.

Cos he dillied and dallied, dallied and dillied,

Lost the ball and cost the spuds a goal.

Now who's going to put up with David Bentley

If he loses you games at home?

Guest Kamy100

Goes without saying that the game on Saturday is going to be crucial. We are starting to run out of Home games so for me this is a "must win". Thus far under Sam when we have REALLY needed to win games (Stoke, Hull and Fulham) the team have stepped up and got the result.

The positive is that a large proportion of our first team (Robinson, Warnock, Samba, Givet?, Dunn, Tuguy, Roque, Benni and Roberts) have had 2 weeks off due to not being involved in internationals, whereas quite a few of the Tottenham players have been on international duty so in theory out players should be "fresher".

To get a result I think that we may need to change the style a little bit, if we pump long balls into their box then King and Woodgate (who I think when fit is a better player than John Terry) will deal with this quite easily, Spurs can be exposed via their fullbacks who are poor defensively.

My worry is that the pace of Lennon will cause us massive problems and their central midfield is very strong and we could struggle to gain control.

A win puts extreme pressure on Newcastle, Stoke and Boro to get results. If we lose then we go to Anfield where we are not likely to win and suddenly we are in a situation where we may have to win 4 out of our last 6 games to survive.

I think that "squeaky bum time" has most definitely arrived.

I think Roque has a big part to play on saturday.

Tottenham dont generally like the north west - lets hope that continues on saturday. They also have a few softies in their team so hopefully we can dish out some tough tackles and make them wimp out abit. Maybe a strong challenge on King wouldnt go a miss either.

Hopefully we wuill win - heart says 2-1, head says 1-1

The base line is avoiding a defeat.

As Spurs are not a team that can easily defended against it means Rovers have to get the ball forwards so I suspect this could be an end to end thriller.

A draw is the baseline- a win a nice bonus. But Spurs could easily get two or three quick goals and kill us.

I am quite nervous about this game. I think we need to take 3 points, but spurs are no mugs, so it's going to take a big team performence from the Rovers. my head says it will be a draw, but i just hope we can sneak a win, which will help our chances of staying up.

team hopefully

Robinson

Oojier Nelson Samba Givet

Diouf Dunn Warnock Gamst

Santa Roberts

It pains me to say this (as i hate Spurs) but I think a defeat is on the cards and it could be heavy.

Their midfield despite not being top class and full of weaknesses is far more balanced than ours and I think they will dominate the game. Our midfield has been pants for years and is clearly our weak link.

I'd probably take a draw right now if it was offered.

Archived