BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] This Will Brighten Up Your Day

That's a pretty special thing that you did there,Waggy. And not just because you put kids in a Rover's shirt. Well done.

:rover: can't take any credit,just know the guys who go to gambia,the video is quality :brfcsmilie:

That was absolutely brilliant. I am sat here now with tears in my eyes after watching that short film. Just to see thos poor kids so obviously enjoying themselves and all proudly wearing their Rovers shirts was great. Quite a few of the older lads showed varying degrees of ball skills, but the one wearing a number 9 shirt who gave a fantastic display was something else.

I wonder what talent could be unearthed out there in the Gambia if Rovers were to send out a couple of youth coaches and also get them playing on a decent pitch. You never know what may turn up. They all seem anxious to meet El Hadji Diouf as well, so there may be an opportunity there for him to become a big hero and Rovers ambassador in the close season.

Certainly has brightened my day! Great to see those guys playing with such a smile on their face. This has to go to a higher level than just this messageboard. I`m sure the local TV and Radio would be happy to do a piece on this. Well done to the people concerned.

Any chance we could do something similar for kids in South Africa? We have loads of poor kids here as well, who are talented but living on the streets and shacks. I have sent numerous emails to Rovers without a response. By the way brilliant video and very nice to see. Well done to everyone!

Great stuff. I dont aim to be a film critic but two points struck me.

Filming a burnley fan eating his tea then watching a youngster walking round with dirty clarrot and blue toilet roll on his chest see,ed to be a bit extreme in the whole context of the film :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That was brilliant! Waggy please tell me the lads involved are going to contact the club about that film? How good would that be on the big screen? Whole ground would be glued to it!

I'm told the club have been very supportive of Wiggy.

Also they are hoping to show the video at the last home game against West Brom.

Another snipit to the Burnley shirt scene was that they were going to shoot a clip of the kids in Rovers shirts chasing the kid in the Dingle shirt but common sense prevailed as they changed it to a more politically correct version of that you see in the video.

Loved the vid, fantastic work by the guys that went and got all those shirts.

Waggy - do they plan to go again, and if so when?

Id also like to see it continue into other countries - that would be awesome.

Anyone got any spare rovers shirts or old ones? Lets start the next collection.

Good idea mate - One of my good friends came over from South Africa and is from a poor area. Maybe Iceman also knows of some poor areas.

If the club did an appeal now - at the end of the season people would surely hand in their rovers shirts once the new ones were coming out.

I can't get seeing the video yet due to restrictions on the work computer system but I'll have to have a look at home. I was over for the Bolton game and brought eleven old shirts with me that I had collected over the years.

They should definitely have another collection, hardly anyone knew about this project at the time. I took my shirts into the club shop like the article said and the staff had to ask the manager about the collection before accepting my donation.

I'll be glad to see the results of this campaign on the video link supplied.

Archived