SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit - Feedback For Fans Forum

297 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new kit

• Love it
    • Its OK
    • Hate it
    • Designed by Lee Grooby after 5 pints !

It just looks a bit half arsed. The white shirt and the red shorts and socks looks a bit thrown together too, as if the kit man grabbed 11 random shirts and shorts before the game. Even purple and yellow stripes a la Coventry City in the mid 1990's is better.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could have been navy shirt, red shirt or black shirt. Instead its white. For all the hype about the teaser campaign, it really is a shocking design. The blue piece running down the sides just makes it even worse. I feel sorry for those who pre ordered, because for the cost its terrible. The fans should be allowed to give their input, with various designs and colours given as options like a few years ago.

I'm really not keen on the new away kit. The red shorts have no white, whilst the white top has very little red. The two colours just don't work. Bolton's kit is similar but I would say that their design is better than ours.

Lets hope we have a good home kit.

It's not that bad, I quite like it...Unusual for us to have an all white shirt..Fist Time I believe..But whatever the shirt colour, design etc. someone would have moaned about it...It is not compulsary to buy the shirt you know...

I received mine today. It looks much better than the pictures but the sponsor is rather large for some reason. There is a striped effect going down the shirt which stops just below the sponsor. There is more red in the shirt than there is blue as the stripes between the main body of the shirt and the sleeve goes across the back of the shirt. 'BRFC' is also written in red on the back of the shirt at the top.

If we had gone for an all red kit people would have complained it looked to much like a Liverpool kit and if we had gone for a red shirt with white shorts, people would have said it looks too much like a Man Utd kit.

Halves would have been nice but how many nice colour choices could we have gone for without needing a third kit. Red and black and dark green and black are the only two potentially nice ones possible. Yellow and black would look terrible, red and white would clash with teams wearing white and red and blue would clash with teams wearing blue.

White is class.

Hopefully our players show some class in this kit next season, because away from home we've only had one good match and that was the first one of this season. And the Man. U. match was decent too.

Our very first shirt in 1875 was all white. we then went through various colour.s of blue and white, red was first added to the shorts & socks in 1976. it was then added to the shirts the following year.

I can't remember when the reds and blacks where first introduced into the away shirts, so perhaps some one else could help out.

So all white is not new to Rovers, you can't get more traditional than the first shirt.

"This famous Lancashire club was formed by John Lewis and Arthur Constantine, old boys from the famous Shrewsbury public school. They won support from local businessmen at a public meeting held at the St Leger Hotel in November 1875. According to the 1905 Book of Football (researched by Jonathon Russell) the original minute book records that "the colours be white jersey, blue and white skull cap, trousers optional" and "that a Maltese cross be worn on the left breast".

Wonder if the Maltese cross is what attracted Philipl. :lol:

For anyone wishing to view all BRFC shirts from 1875 to the current here's a link.

Strips

At the bottom of the page there is a link to a site with some great pictures from Rovers past, for those who have not already discovered the site.

Rovers

Don't really rate it as a kit.

Firstly the colour is far too much like our current home shirt, so is a tad disappointing on that score. Also the design is pretty boring as well which I think is compounded by being in such a boring colour. It has to me the most dull uninteresting kit we've had for a long time. Thirdly the shorts don't really go with it either, in fact I'm not sure the white-red trim thing is really working.

Big disappointment after the last two away shirts which have been class.

According to the 1905 Book of Football (researched by Jonathon Russell) the original minute book records that "the colours be white jersey, blue and white skull cap, trousers optional"

:blink::blush:

woeful and illogical . Presume there is a 3rd choice red shirt waiting in the wings for our trips to Bolton etc.

why cant we have black and red halves and stick with it ?

I really enjoy seeing what the new away kits are going to look like - and this is totally underwhelming. It is completely forgettable and looks cheap/budget. As many people have stated, white is a silly color choice (especially with the horrible red shorts). You could easily find a similar shirt without the badge at any back-alley sports store.

I love the halved kits. And honestly, it could be ANY two halves and I'd be more than happy. As long as they are halved, any combination is fine with me - when it comes to Rovers there is a huge difference between an ugly halved kit, and an ugly kit that makes no sense. In fact, I would happily EMBRACE an ugly halved kit, if you know what i mean, cuz then we can all be rovers fans in ugly halved shirts together haha! Bring on the purple/black, green/black, orange/black, yellow/green, purple/gold, brown/green, yellow/blue, etc etc etc etc.

Truly, don't we all just love seeing the team in halved shirts? I feel like its a no-brainer.

Archived