SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit - Feedback For Fans Forum

297 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new kit

• Love it
    • Its OK
    • Hate it
    • Designed by Lee Grooby after 5 pints !

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didnt think we'd be having a white away shirt, But the longsleeve shirt looks great.

i'll be buying it.

for those who dont like it, it'll be changed again next year.

on the odd occasion, if i didnt like the shirt i didnt buy it.... and its much better than the mustard yellow and red with black sleeved HSA efforts.

I don't like the white top - it would have looked better if the top was the same colour as the shorts. They don't match and the white will clash with other teams ( I guess that is when our navy top will be used). I think we should have gone with a halved kit. The red/black was always popular. I'm not sure why the designers have gone for white when our home kit is predominantly white.

Couple of things

at a fans forum earlier in the season the club said they wanted to continues with halved shirts, why has this not been the case then?

Also it looks suspicously like a Bolton shirt...

Take a look at the new Bolton shirt that has been revealed today, it makes ours look 100 times better.

I think it is a decent away kit. the issue is that it is different than what we have had before, I think that's a good thing.

the shirt is horrendous looks like a cheap Rankers knock off, all that's missing is an orange sash :angry2:

the whole kit looks like they asked a 5 year old to dress himself, none off it goes with each other.

Very ppor effort all round..

Hope the don't destroy the home kit as well !

First thought was that it looked pretty tacky but it may yet grow on me. Agree with what quite a few are saying in that why have we got red shorts and socks with a white top. Also why is the bit from the armpit blue? It may look a bit better if that was red as well so the whole kit was just red and white, and that way it may go with the rest of the kit a bit better. Still think the fans should have had a say as a red shirt would look better, in fact the 3 shirts that have been posted on this thread all look a lot nicer.

Agree with the fact its a lot nicer than the new Bolton shirt though. Their home shirt looks shocking!

Thumbs down, from me. I've seen better fan-designs on the forum.

Just bring back Kappa. Ever since then our strips have declined.

Dunno, last years Rovers shirt was the best in years.

Thank god we're not Bolton though, here's that shirt again:

SHIRTSS0910.jpg

One of the worst home strips in recent memory. In fact I struggle to remember a home shirt worse than that in the last few years.

Its a very average kit, it doesnt really stand out and its a shame the only reason it does is because of the red shorts and socks. The whole kit doesn't look right as a whole. As has been said before I refuse to pay £40 for the shirt no matter how good it looks. Its no suprise that the fans picked the red and black halved shirt (although design later chnaged due to manufacturer) and It was one of the best selling shirts in the last 10 years.

Some of the designs people are putting out there are far superior to what the umbro designers have come up with and it makes you wonder if all their design efforts and market research was put into the england kit. As a fan who usually buys a shirt a season, i think we should have a say in the final outcome. Its in the best interest of the fans (we get a shirt we like) interest of the manufacturer and club (more shirt sales) so I dont understand why they keep it a huge secret. Its not like piracy from the far east is likely to alter shirt sale levels.

Main point: there's nothing exciting about the shirt, its average and expensively average at that.

I don't like it:

NEGATIVES:

- Is just a generic white footy shirt with Rovers badges on - nothing to point out that its BRFC eg halves

- The blue and red are too bright and clash badly

- Doesn't go at all with the red shorts which have no white on them

- Is too much like the home kit so who will be actually wear this against?

1 Man Utd HOME KIT (i.e. no clash)

2 Liverpool HOME KIT

3 Chelsea 36 41 77 YES

4 Arsenal 36 28 68 THIRD KIT??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Aston Villa 36 5 58 HOME KIT

6 Everton 36 14 57 YES (though white will clash with their shorts)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Fulham 36 6 50 THIRD KIT

8 Tottenham 36 1 48 THIRD KIT

9 West Ham 36 -2 48 HOME KIT

10 Man City 36 8 47 YES (though white will clash with their shorts)

11 Wigan 36 -10 42 THIRD KIT

12 Stoke 36 -16 42 THIRD KIT

13 Bolton 36 -11 40 THIRD KIT

14 Blackburn 36 -18 40 N/A

15 Portsmouth 36 -20 38 YES

16 Sunderland 36 -17 36 THIRD KIT

17 Newcastle 36 -17 34 THIRD KIT

18 Hull 36 -24 34 HOME KIT

19 Middlesbrough 36 -28 HOME KIT

- So I can only see us wearing it 3 times next season anyway, so its effectively our third shirt

POSITIVES

- the Crown Paints logo is not in a box, ie its written straight on. Although why in black? Red would be more suited surely?

I don't like it:

NEGATIVES:

- Is just a generic white footy shirt with Rovers badges on - nothing to point out that its BRFC eg halves

- The blue and red are too bright and clash badly

- Doesn't go at all with the red shorts which have no white on them

- Is too much like the home kit so who will be actually wear this against?

1 Man Utd HOME KIT (i.e. no clash)

2 Liverpool HOME KIT

3 Chelsea 36 41 77 YES

4 Arsenal 36 28 68 THIRD KIT??

5 Aston Villa 36 5 58 HOME KIT

6 Everton 36 14 57 YES (though white will clash with their shorts)

7 Fulham 36 6 50 THIRD KIT

8 Tottenham 36 1 48 THIRD KIT

9 West Ham 36 -2 48 HOME KIT

10 Man City 36 8 47 YES (though white will clash with their shorts)

11 Wigan 36 -10 42 THIRD KIT

12 Stoke 36 -16 42 THIRD KIT

13 Bolton 36 -11 40 THIRD KIT

14 Blackburn 36 -18 40 N/A

15 Portsmouth 36 -20 38 YES

16 Sunderland 36 -17 36 THIRD KIT

17 Newcastle 36 -17 34 THIRD KIT

18 Hull 36 -24 34 HOME KIT

19 Middlesbrough 36 -28 HOME KIT

- So I can only see us wearing it 3 times next season anyway, so its effectively our third shirt

POSITIVES

- the Crown Paints logo is not in a box, ie its written straight on. Although why in black? Red would be more suited surely?

Im guessing we will wear it in (most) of those games you have said we will wear the home shirt.

POSITIVES

Said the same thing about this seasons home...why isnt crown in red?

Im guessing we will wear it in (most) of those games you have said we will wear the home shirt.

Why? why change the shirt that is ours for one that looks like it has been thrown together by a 2 year old who hasn't grasped the concept of design? We will hopefully only change to an away shirt if we absolutely have to. I'm just staggered at the number of votes ok has got in the poll.

I really don't get it at all. It's been said here already but I just don't see how a white shirt goes with red shorts and socks. The shirt itself is a naff mixture of red and blue with black sponsor. Too many colours. It just looks shoddy and there are so many better designs on this thread.

Why? why change the shirt that is ours for one that looks like it has been thrown together by a 2 year old who hasn't grasped the concept of design? We will hopefully only change to an away shirt if we absolutely have to. I'm just staggered at the number of votes ok has got in the poll.

Don't ask me.

Why did we wear the dark navy against West Ham away this season when in years gone by we have worn the blue & white?

Why did we wear the dark Navy against Arsenal away this season when in years gone by we have worn blue & white?

Why did we wear the dark Navy against Stoke away this season when in the past we have worn the blue & white against Sunderland & Newcastle away from home?

They will use it as often as possible to justify it i reckon.

Archived