SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Kit - Feedback For Fans Forum

297 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new kit

• Love it
    • Its OK
    • Hate it
    • Designed by Lee Grooby after 5 pints !

The away kit looks different and I dont mind it.

That said,I have no interest in the away kits,the ONLY one that matters is our famous blue 'n' white halves.....our tradition.Mess that one up and there will be hell to pay. :angry:

I have to say looking at the football kit list link provided by Splitscreen I have to question whether the first two kits are accurate...the earliest known photograph of a Rovers team shows the players in the traditional blue 'n' white halves.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
woeful and illogical . Presume there is a 3rd choice red shirt waiting in the wings for our trips to Bolton etc.

why cant we have black and red halves and stick with it ?

because that my friend would be boring

I'm surprised no-one has pointed out the similarities to when we were waiting for our new manager to arrive last season. All the speculation about it following the announcement of the change, suggestions from the fans, all the excitement, followed by a majority (on here at least) being disappointed with the outcome! Maybe this was the cheapest option...

The only difference being: this time the new arrival comes complete with the required badges! :lol:

Dislike it!

Would have liked a red and yellow halved kit like Galatassaray or the old red and black halved kit.

This one is just bland and clashes with our current strip.

Won't be buying it :angry:

if the third kit is going to be this seasons blue away kit, what will we wear at the jjb stadium? just a thought

You would have thought that Umbro would have researched what other teams were going to be wearing.

Maybe this white shirt is Rovers carrying the white flag for the dingles.

Oh well, I will be saving £39.99 this year, as I will not be buying this P E vest.

It is not just wigan this shirt clashes with, but spurs, bolton - though I suppose they would use the current shirt for those games.

I won't say I hate it, but it does not look like a Rovers shirt.

The anti rovers people will have a field day with this WHITE shirt - they will say this proves rovers are racist and Ince got sacked because he was black.

Maybe Big Sam is missing Bolton.

I'm surprised no-one has pointed out the similarities to when we were waiting for our new manager to arrive last season. All the speculation about it following the announcement of the change, suggestions from the fans, all the excitement, followed by a majority (on here at least) being disappointed with the outcome! Maybe this was the cheapest option...

The only difference being: this time the new arrival comes complete with the required badges! :lol:

Very good!

That must be the worst away shirt we've ever had and after last seasons disaster that says a lot!

How the hell can a team who's first choice shirt is blue and white, have a second shirt thats white and a third shirt thats blue?

Why nobody from rovers or umbro realised that if we had an away shirt that was red, or any other that doesn't clash with our home shirt, then we wouldn't need a third choice shirt.

Then again, if that was the case then the club couldn't justify selling last seasons away shirt for another 12 months.

I thought the idea was, you played in your first choice shirt (home) whenever possible when playing away and played in an alternative shirt whenever there is a clash of colours, whats going to happen is rovers playing in the white away shirt, when we could play in our home shirt just to justify its exsistance.

Hopefully the home shirt will be a lot better.

I won't be buying this feeble excuse for a shirt as it stinks to me as a money making racket!

I won't be buying this feeble excuse for a shirt as it stinks to me as a money making racket!

Isn't that what every shirt is? There is no real need to swap shirts every one or two seasons, in American sports they make do with the same jersey for quite some time. But they do it because they know people will buy them regardless of how nice or ugly they are.

Isn't that what every shirt is? There is no real need to swap shirts every one or two seasons, in American sports they make do with the same jersey for quite some time. But they do it because they know people will buy them regardless of how nice or ugly they are.

its ok to have a first choice shirt and an alternative, like in American football, having 3 shirts is just about money making.

Isn't that what every shirt is?

Yup, the guy from Umbro said at the Fans Forum a while ago they couldn't do a red and black halved away shirt every season as it wouldn't sell well enough.

Personally I don't see why they can't stick with that and tweak it like they do the home shirt every year or at least produce a halved shirt every season in different colours.

The only thing these guys take notice of is sales figures. If everyone started buying the away shirt when it's halved, and passing when it's not, they might sit up and take notice.

Yup, the guy from Umbro said at the Fans Forum a while ago they couldn't do a red and black halved away shirt every season as it wouldn't sell well enough.

Personally I don't see why they can't stick with that and tweak it like they do the home shirt every year or at least produce a halved shirt every season in different colours.

The only thing these guys take notice of is sales figures. If everyone started buying the away shirt when it's halved, and passing when it's not, they might sit up and take notice.

It's commercial lunacy for a kit manufacturer to take on the BRFC account and agree to do a halved away shirt every time. The home shirt is untouchable - so the away must be allowed unlimited flex.

Umbro kicked off this partnership with Rovers with the red and black halves. A great away kit. They followed it with the dark blue - when it came out lots of people slated it. But looking round the Blackburn End on matchday, I see almost as many dark blue away shirts as current home shirts, and very few red and blacks. I'm sure the dark blue away kit has worked well for club and supplier.

This white kit will perform just as well - it's very wearable in non-match situations (they could have enhanced this benefit by making the Crown lettering much smaller). It may not fly off the shelves on day one, but over the year it will do as well as the dark blue.

Then next season Umbro will hit us with halves again, and all the people who are moaning just now will be flocking to spend their cash. Everyone will be happy :)

having 3 shirts is just about money making.
But Rovers didn't sell a third shirt this season and most probably won't do that next season either.

As for the shirt, seems kind of pointless with our kit being half white to do an all white kit. It's just way too plain and just looks like this season's training shirt. It's just a shame as I tend to buy something Rovers related every season to help contribute financially to the club so here's hoping for some decent casual wear.

It's kind of sad, but my first thought when seeing these jerseys is that I would love to see the US National Tam in these jerseys. That said, for Rovers, I don't like them as much.

Also, one thing I'd like to add to everyone talking about how the home kit clashes with the away kit due to both having a lot of white. If I remember right, most of our clashes last year were for the blue half of the home kit.

Random thoughts:

- I remain astonished the club does not insist on having the away shirt halved. Halves are the club's brand image and something that immediately identify us globally. The colour clashes with this new shirt would be no worse if we had gone red and white halves.

- I hope the coloured under arm sweat stain concept isn't carried over onto the new home shirt- it will look awful if it does.

- Hopefully the 33% who hate it is the demographic who wouldn't bother to buy an away shirt anyway.

Excellent post by Jisty.

Not often I learn somethng new about Rovers' history but that inute of the first meeting regarding the club colours was something I didn't know before. I had previously understood the club were going to use Shrewsbury School's green and white halves but the swapped to blue and white halves before the first ever game.

- Hopefully the 33% who hate it is the demographic who wouldn't bother to buy an away shirt anyway.

Sorry to disappoint Phil. This will be the second time in the last 7 years that I won't be buying the road kit (the Pilgrim garb of 05-06 being the other). I'm sure I'm not alone. But that is one hell of a way to put a positive spin on it. You are ever the optimist, even more so than I am. :rover:

I have to say that I was looking forward to the release so I could get one before my hols. As a result of this shirt, I'm now waiting for the new home shirt, and hoping they don't disappoint. Too strong to say hate; I went for the grooby design.

I like the shirt so il be buying in time for my hols.

Il also buy the new blue n white one when I get back (unless its out prior to 19th June?) - although to be fair Id of bought both anyway unless they away kit was minging.

Archived