BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V Wba

I take it that this was the post you were referring to, Ultra?

My response to sparky..... I know lots of people who went every week years ago and can't go now.... because they moved overseas for any number of reasons. but when they are back there, they go and support their team.

Sparky, you know nothing of Ultra or of the times he has been to Ewood, so it's best to think a little before you type, and more importantly before pressing the "add reply" button

Sparky was reacting to people being called a "customers" because they are taking advantage of the offer. Sounds like his retaliatory strike hit a nerve though.

It's good to have Rovers fans all over the world. Not only do they spread the good word about our club but they also contribute by buying club merchandise. And thank you to all of you.

But Dave, please do not come on and post put downs on people who do go to games. Especially those who have already accepted they were wrong on a point.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jisty, I take most of your points, but where has anyone accepted they were wrong about Ultra's post?

I'm certainly not putting anyone down that go to games, after all, they are the lifeblood of our club, but for sparky to have a shot at Ultra was equally a big a put down given that he knew 5/8 of stuff all about Ultra.

Didn't mean to cause offense- I obviously misread the demographic that has picked up the cheap end of season offer.

[/quote

Dave I worded my post incorrectly. Point taken though. I'll let Ultra and Sparky work this out between themselves!

Sorted, no one needs to explain themselves as to how they follow rovers, so I won't, just keep spreading the word!

Moving on with a prediction - third consecutive 2-0 home win - pedersen free- kick and samba will sweep home.

Toogs will pull the strings for the last time, but will be booked for a ridiculously late challenge on Jonny Greening.

I just felt that this was you're typical have a go at rovers jibe cos the stands are empty...I'm just emphasising that there are thousands of rovers fans in blackburn who simply cannot afford to go paying the normal premier league prices...the club needs to look at ways of packaging these groups of 3 games during the key points in the season next year.

I just felt that this was you're typical have a go at rovers jibe cos the stands are empty...I'm just emphasising that there are thousands of rovers fans in blackburn who simply cannot afford to go paying the normal premier league prices...the club needs to look at ways of packaging these groups of 3 games during the key points in the season next year.

Cant agree at all, you can get a Season Ticket in the Riverside for 30 pound a month. £250 a season is no more expensive than it was 15 years ago.

You can get a match ticket for most games at £15! People in Blackburn arent that poor that they cant put away a massive £7 a week for their ticket!

Same prices as it is at most lower league grounds, you dont hear lower league fans saying, 'Its too dear, these massive wages have made ticket prices rocket'

Its a very convienient excuse that many Rovers fans make.

Cant agree at all, you can get a Season Ticket in the Riverside for 30 pound a month. £250 a season is no more expensive than it was 15 years ago.

You can get a match ticket for most games at £15! People in Blackburn arent that poor that they cant put away a massive £7 a week for their ticket!

Same prices as it is at most lower league grounds, you dont hear lower league fans saying, 'Its too dear, these massive wages have made ticket prices rocket'

Quite right

In real terms I doubt season tickets have changed much since we joined the Premiership (as I think it was then).

And the £30 tickets have just emptied the other 3 stands of "casual" fans.

However is has looked much better with them in there- there are still enough fans left in the other stands to have an appearance of them being busy. So we don't look quite so pathetic on TV

Quite right

In real terms I doubt season tickets have changed much since we joined the Premiership (as I think it was then).

No quite wrong actually - prices may not have changed much but the expandable part of people's income has especially with the ones that probably also have more commitments ( family ie myself).

My version is that there is an hardcore age range that has had to bite the bullet and pick and choose games for this very reason (obviously not everybody) - - the problem has been the pick up has not been there in those in the following age range.

One thing, is certain at present I certainly struggle to put £7 away each week - things have to be prioritised.

If you do not smoke the seven pounds a week is easy. What has been added to the personal budget since 1992/3 is the mobile phone costs which now are more of a "must have" than smoking or the Rovers.

Cannot make it on Saturday but will be renewing my Season-ticket. 27,000 Rovers supporters (of whatever strength) ENJOY!! See you in August.

Met Office claiming its going to be a sunny day on Sunday in Blackburn which can only be good for the Tugay t-shirt appreciation brigade.

What sort of reception is Cruz going to get or should I say send off, just hope the fans dont go to hard on the lad.

Met Office claiming its going to be a sunny day on Sunday in Blackburn which can only be good for the Tugay t-shirt appreciation brigade.

What sort of reception is Cruz going to get or should I say send off, just hope the fans dont go to hard on the lad.

why is Cruz back on Sunday??

No, but i'm sure he'll be walking around the pitch at the end of the game.

i doubt that, he does not give a toss about us anymore, i doubt he will be even at ewood on Sunday, he will be on the phone to his agent again trying to get a move away from Ewood Park. If he is there it will be very intresting to see what the crowd reaction will be towards him!!!

Hopefully it will be a good game- they have a decent midfield and are renowned forplaying attractive stuff. Of course the only strugglers this season to have come with a strong late run are the Baggies so we are facing a team very much in form despite 20th position.

Rovers have the incentive of knowing a win pretty well guarrantees moving up a place and probably advance us by two. Will pay a wage for next season if nothing else.

Hopefully it will be a good game- they have a decent midfield and are renowned forplaying attractive stuff. Of course the only strugglers this season to have come with a strong late run are the Baggies so we are facing a team very much in form despite 20th position.

Rovers have the incentive of knowing a win pretty well guarrantees moving up a place and probably advance us by two. Will pay a wage for next season if nothing else.

:lol: :lol: So the scorer of the winning goal for Rovers gets to stay for another season.

How many people in Blackburn and district do you think are pensioners with no other income than the state pension? No I don't know either, but it is a safe bet that there more than just a few that have been lifelong rovers fans and can now no longer afford to go.

Have you any idea how much the State pension is at present? No? so I will tell you. I have a maximum State pension based on full NI contributions payed for several years longer than the requirement figure. My wife has no entitlement to state pension as she stayed home and looked after me and the children and only worked part time for a few years. I have made-over the part of my pension that I am allowed by law to do, so that she now has a small pension based on my contributions. Right so far? Now for the figures...... I get £461.50 per month, my wife gets £223.50 per month making a grand total of £685 per month. Do you think you could afford a rovers season ticket or even the occasional match out of that?

Luckily I have several other sources of income based on my own investments and works pensions, so I am OK, and my wife is provided for when I die. However there must be many people in Blackburn that are not in my position and are dependant solely on the State pension. All I can say is.... May God help them.

How many people in Blackburn and district do you think are pensioners with no other income than the state pension? No I don't know either, but it is a safe bet that there more than just a few that have been lifelong rovers fans and can now no longer afford to go.

Have you any idea how much the State pension is at present? No? so I will tell you. I have a maximum State pension based on full NI contributions payed for several years longer than the requirement figure. My wife has no entitlement to state pension as she stayed home and looked after me and the children and only worked part time for a few years. I have made-over the part of my pension that I am allowed by law to do, so that she now has a small pension based on my contributions. Right so far? Now for the figures...... I get £461.50 per month, my wife gets £223.50 per month making a grand total of £685 per month. Do you think you could afford a rovers season ticket or even the occasional match out of that?

Luckily I have several other sources of income based on my own investments and works pensions, so I am OK, and my wife is provided for when I die. However there must be many people in Blackburn that are not in my position and are dependant solely on the State pension. All I can say is.... May God help them.

Surely Fife it depends on a lot of other factors than the straightforward amount you have coming in. It depends on whether you had debts on reaching retirement age. It depends on whether you drank/smoked/ still drink/still smoke, own your house/have rent to pay/spent every penny coming in or saved for a rainy day etc. Some people seem to manage very well on the pension they have coming in and others really struggle

Exactly, Fife. Mr Roversmum and I could not afford to go if Mr Roversmum were not disabled and I can go as PA (which obviously he needs). Women don't get senior discounts until 65 although many retire at 60. I feel so sorry for those who have been Rovers Supporters for many years and cannot afford to go -and there is also the question of transport for the older/less able fan who is not local to the stadium. Winter evening matches are particularly difficult. One lady used to come in her electric wheelchair from across town until one evening she was terrorised by a group of chavs on her way home.

Are you talking about the new season ticket prices on this one or last seasons? If it is for the new season then i'm sure £150 can't be too much of a struggle? I may be wrong, as I don't know what type of lifestyle you live, but surely, £20 a month can be spared to watch the Rovers?

Archived