BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V Wba

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say that this game is as much as a "must-win" as Wigan and Pompey. With over a million to play for we need all the cash we can get. I hope there is a decent crowd on and we score a good few goals too.

The £1m would be nice but calling it "must win" now we're safe is cobblers.

The fact that the darwen end lower is gonna be full of potential customers for next year (not sure if they are fans or not), winning all three of the games they paid 20 quid for would make them more likely to return.

Plus this is the first (and of course last) game since we became safe, meaning the fans can have fun and create a party atmosphere.

A win would certainly help cap what will be a great day, hopefully persuading those still not committed to rovers to come back.

The £1m would be nice but calling it "must win" now we're safe is cobblers.

It's a different type of must win. We needed the others for safety, we need this one for money especially if the stories of the £5million cut are to be believed. The money could be the difference between a new signing or not. Don't underestimate its importance.

The fact that the darwen end lower is gonna be full of potential customers for next year (not sure if they are fans or not),

######. How dare you...! I dont have a season ticket but go as much as possible and sit in different places in the ground....I've taken advantage of this offer...Don't you tell me what a fan is mate...I've been rovers since I was born, lived in ewood, ###### I even used to go the chippy for simon barker and mark patterson on my school holidays cos I hung about outside the players entrance everyday to see them come back from training at the old ewood.....!!

In fact, the majority of the fans in the darwen end are like me, I hear a lot of the old songs in little pockets...so don't tell me I'm a customer.....knob!

:rover:

######. How dare you...! I dont have a season ticket but go as much as possible and sit in different places in the ground....I've taken advantage of this offer...Don't you tell me what a fan is mate...I've been rovers since I was born, lived in ewood, ###### I even used to go the chippy for simon barker and mark patterson on my school holidays cos I hung about outside the players entrance everyday to see them come back from training at the old ewood.....!!

In fact, the majority of the fans in the darwen end are like me, I hear a lot of the old songs in little pockets...so don't tell me I'm a customer.....knob!

Read it again. He simply means fans as in "Blackburn fans". It's common knowledge that plenty of people are not really Rovers supporters but are going along for the day out. It's a good thing, we can turn some of those people who are mildly interested in football into die hards. They are not "fans", as such. Yet. It's not meant as an insult, just a point that there are plenty of people who don't/haven't attended a football match before who we could entice into coming next season.

Yes, but you can have fans of the club that can't actually afford to go....I know loads of people who went every week years ago and can't afford it...they're all fans of the club..this price incentive made it possible for them to go....they've always been there...and always will be......probably more so than our friend over in Korea...

Customers my arse... :rover:

Read it again. He simply means fans as in "Blackburn fans". It's common knowledge that plenty of people are not really Rovers supporters but are going along for the day out. It's a good thing, we can turn some of those people who are mildly interested in football into die hards. They are not "fans", as such. Yet. It's not meant as an insult, just a point that there are plenty of people who don't/haven't attended a football match before who we could entice into coming next season.

That's rather patronising. Most of the people near me looked like folks who have been priced out of the game or have stopped going for other reasons in recent years. Lasped supporters if you like.

I'm not being patronising. If I go to Burnley vs Sheffield, it doesn't mean I support either of those, does it?

There is a difference between going to a match(es) and being a full blown supporter. And you can be a full blown supporter without going to matches anyway before you go down that route. We just want to turn the mildly interested people into regulars.

Looking forward to this game which could see Ewood's biggest gate of the season!

Will be emotional to bid Tugay goodbye and thanks for his service in the famous blue 'n' white halves and also to bid this horrible season a good riddance.....Blackburn Rovers still Premierleague!

Rovers 2 WBA 1

I'm going to this game with my dad and I'm hoping it will be another victory at Ewood for Rovers!

I'm hoping Rovers will play a slightly different and more open, attacking approach, as we have seen some very direct football under Big Sam and for only the second time this season - the pressure is off. Yes, we could do with the extra money, but as far as I am concerned, I am delighted with maintaining our Premier League status. After all, we were level on points with West Brom at the bottom of the league going into 2009, so to have 9 points more than the Baggies and to be safe is a great achievement.

Hopefully it will be a good game and a goal for Tugay as well! Lets hope that we will be hearing the news that Newcastle have been relegated at the full time whistle as well!

I'm not being patronising. If I go to Burnley vs Sheffield, it doesn't mean I support either of those, does it?

There is a difference between going to a match(es) and being a full blown supporter. And you can be a full blown supporter without going to matches anyway before you go down that route. We just want to turn the mildly interested people into regulars.

Agree on the latter point - but you will find that many in the Darren End are regulars - in fact I enjoyed a pint in there with a friend from the BBE lower when I could guarantee to get to 15 home matches and make the ST worthwhile.

To brand everyone in the Darren End might upset some. Me, I dont care if you want to tell me Im not a fan! ;)

Didn't mean to cause offense- I obviously misread the demographic that has picked up the cheap end of season offer.

The person I had in mind was a kind of "floating voter" who perhaps lives outside blackburn, has no particular football affiliation and has taken this opportunity to check out ewood park. If they have a good day out on the last day, capped off with a good win, they may start to call themselves a blackburn fan.

By the way it is knee jerk insults such as those on the previous page that keeps me a part time poster. Whats the point?

The person I had in mind was a kind of "floating voter" who perhaps lives outside blackburn, has no particular football affiliation and has taken this opportunity to check out ewood park. If they have a good day out on the last day, capped off with a good win, they may start to call themselves a blackburn fan.

I know what you meant and you are right - there are a significant number of people who have never been before in there, some from Blackburn - others day trippers (Ive stated before I know someone who has travelled from Lincoln for each match and is coming on Sunday). If we can get even a handful coming regularly then the promotion has been beneficial.

Yes, but you can have fans of the club that can't actually afford to go....I know loads of people who went every week years ago and can't afford it...they're all fans of the club..this price incentive made it possible for them to go....they've always been there...and always will be......probably more so than our friend over in Korea...

Customers my arse... :rover:

Didn't mean to cause offense- I obviously misread the demographic that has picked up the cheap end of season offer.

By the way it is knee jerk insults such as those on the previous page that keeps me a part time poster. Whats the point?

I take it that this was the post you were referring to, Ultra?

My response to sparky..... I know lots of people who went every week years ago and can't go now.... because they moved overseas for any number of reasons. but when they are back there, they go and support their team.

Sparky, you know nothing of Ultra or of the times he has been to Ewood, so it's best to think a little before you type, and more importantly before pressing the "add reply" button

Archived