BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Hoillett Plays on the wings and will push MGP for his spot no problem................he will easly fit into the 433...........

Ok thanks, I thought he was a striker.

Have you seen him play ? who would you compare him to ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So according to Mr Nixon there is a Mr X and now there is another Mystery striker....can we call him Mr Y?.......................

Mr Y not... :lol:

I will go through the whole Mister X thing if it collapses. Hopefully it doesn't.

Hoilett would be an emerging player rather than a first-team starter, but maybe emerging very fast.

Ok thanks, I thought he was a striker.

Have you seen him play ? who would you compare him to ?

Hoillett reminds me of young Henry a bit raw but strong as an Oxe and very quick..........head and shoulders above all at Academy level and won many Man of the Tournaments for Rovers...............

not had a season ticketsat ewood since Don Mackay and King Kenny were gaffers - ill get my fair share of games in this year though, its just Ill have to sit in he away end when the villa role into town............

probably cheaper to buy a season ticket anyway than buy match tickets separately

Hoillett`s situation is that he does not have a European passport so must qualify under UK work permit laws.................................. In particular, the country of origin must rank at least 70th in the world for two years running and the player himself must have appeared in (I believe) 75% of that country's senior men's internationals over the last year (or two?)..........................

David does not qualify under this criteria by any means. However, there have been particular circumstances where a review panel is asked to look at the overall quality of the player................................. and allow these special cases work

permits despite their failure to meet the above criteria. That is what Rovers management intend to pursue and are using video clips of David's outstanding games in the Bundesliga 2 this past season to show what a talented player he is.....................................................

I say to the Rovers staff to take this photo as well to the Meeting....................

big_image_1244146926515.jpeg

Hoillett`s situation is that he does not have a European passport so must qualify under UK work permit laws.................................. In particular, the country of origin must rank at least 70th in the world for two years running and the player himself must have appeared in (I believe) 75% of that country's senior men's internationals over the last year (or two?)..........................

David does not qualify under this criteria by any means. However, there have been particular circumstances where a review panel is asked to look at the overall quality of the player................................. and allow these special cases work

permits despite their failure to meet the above criteria. That is what Rovers management intend to pursue and are using video clips of David's outstanding games in the Bundesliga 2 this past season to show what a talented player he is.....................................................

I say to the Rovers staff to take this photo as well to the Meeting....................

I'm sure united did something like that with Anderson and they fought the idea that because he was only 21 he is not old enough to have played 75% of senior internationals... And I do believe that they showed videos of his outstanding play

Great work as always Unleaded. You are a one man scouting machine. nicko should get you on his pay roll.

Out of interest when were we linked with Teymourian? Sam signed him for Bolton right? Rumoured to be a good passer? He signed for Fulham, but has been on loan at Barnsley... seems to have lost his way a bit?

• Backroom

Hoillett looks like he has potential to be the real deal, sadly I think we all know the appeal will be rejected on the grounds of us not being United.

I hope i'm wrong though.

Iranian star linked!

There you go...................Just for your interest..........

if he's looking for a new club, it makes sense for him to use an ex manager to help drum up some interest in him.

this guy has made absolutely no impact at premier league level.

i think this article needs to be taken with a mountain of salt!

these so called links with sam's ex players are getting more and more tenious.

D'Alessandro?? He didnt really set the world alight at Pompey - what suggests he will now?

He was one of the key reasons they survived relegation that year.

But then you said the same for Pedro Mendes.

1 goal in 13........

He cost them around 5m Euros, and they would want more than that for him - he's 28 too. For me, we cant justify paying £5m+ for a 28 year old who hasnt really lived up to his potential.....Thats my view - im sure others will agree.

Mendes would be a better option.... and id still prefer us to sign someone better than him.

I still think we should take a look at
to boost our attacking options. Good little player, PL experience.

If you believe the stories in the press, Internacional rejected a $10M bid from LA 6 months ago. Don't know if there's some new twists or turns, but if he's still valued £6M+, we're definitely not interested.

Guest benmaxwell

Said this a couple of weeks ago, but if we are looking for a good solid attacking footballer, we should really take a look at Chris Brunt. After his performances last season, he deserves to be in the Premier League again this season...

1 goal in 13........

He's a playmaker, not a striker.

He cost them around 5m Euros, and they would want more than that for him - he's 28 too. For me, we cant justify paying £5m+ for a 28 year old who hasnt really lived up to his potential.....Thats my view - im sure others will agree.

Well I'd leave the negotiations to Sam. Cheeky loan deal, perhaps? If he plays in the PL, he might catch the eye of a bigger club = more money. If he doesn't, then Internacional will be happy to have him back.

Mendes would be a better option.... and id still prefer us to sign someone better than him.

...Such as?

Said this a couple of weeks ago, but if we are looking for a good solid attacking footballer, we should really take a look at Chris Brunt. After his performances last season, he deserves to be in the Premier League again this season...

Agreed but WBA won't let him go within what I think we can pay. I think they will be looking around 4-5 m

Archived