BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Leroy Lita hasnt been mentioned for a while. He is now a free agent isnt he ?

He has pace to burn, can finish and could easily be afforded a place at Ewood :brfcsmilie:

Thats what i think too. Lita in on a freebie, similar player (Matt D) out for £4m. Very good business and gives us more pace.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought it was Óscar Cardozo not much chance of us signing him , would be a lovely target man though, he is a big ol boy at 6'4" .

This is a good shout. I don't think he gets much of a sniff at Benfica.... Cardozo proved to be a good header and good w/ his feet during his spell at the NOB (Newell's Old Boys).

Nicko

Are we just shopping for free transfers for our midfield or are we actually going to spend money and buy one decent midfielder ?

I think the attention is on the free/loan market just now...but there could be money for a signing later.

It's a reasonable strategy as there could be some good frees and loans about.

Then - if someone leaves - you can pump the money into a 'star' or two.

Trust me, he isn't. He's a good player and for a defender that is a suitable fee for him.

Trust you? :lol:

Givet, when healthy, will be one of the regular back 4 next year; get over it. We wouldn't be putting the money up for him otherwise. I'll let the rest of you conject over which of the 3 possibles will be on the bench behind him next year. And Alan...your welcome for the Rothen stuff.

:tu:

I think to some extent we are bluffing. If we tell everybody we have no money it will reduce the prices we have to pay.

(Here's hoping!)

That would be nice.... but i cant see BS sat on 15 million and not spending it quickly... but here's another one hoping.... :unsure:

so nicko could lita be mystry Mr Y?

whats your opinion on lita?

No, it's not him.

Lita had a lot of potential two years ago...and could not even get in a Reading side comprehensively stuffed by the Coylistas recently.

Big on attitude as well.

Weren't we linked with Real Betis striker Edu in the past? I'm not sure if I just remember reading someone on here writing about him or whether I read it on some gossip column.

I just came across him being out of contract this season and noticed his team has just been relegated.

Not really seen much of him to be honest, except the odd game on Sky in the last few years. Does anyone know much about him?

Givet, when healthy, will be one of the regular back 4 next year; get over it. We wouldn't be putting the money up for him otherwise. I'll let the rest of you conject over which of the 3 possibles will be on the bench behind him next year. And Alan...your welcome for the Rothen stuff.

especailly given that emerton and warnock both palyed a decent amount (and played decently one could argue) in midfield roles, recently.

Who needs a midfielder?

---------------Robinson-------------------

-----Zurab--Samba--Nelsen--Givet-----

--MGP---Emerton---Warnock---Diouf---

--------Roberts--------McCarthy--------

Doesn't that sound like Big Sam football? :o

especailly given that emerton and warnock both palyed a decent amount (and played decently one could argue) in midfield roles, recently.

Who needs a midfielder?

---------------Robinson-------------------

-----Zurab--Samba--Nelsen--Givet-----

--MGP---Emerton---Warnock---Diouf---

--------Roberts--------McCarthy--------

Doesn't that sound like Big Sam football? :o

i think MGP and Diouf should change places MGP is better on the left!

Thought it was Óscar Cardozo not much chance of us signing him , would be a lovely target man though, he is a big ol boy at 6'4" .

They seem to alternate as follows, depending who's fit. :lol: it has been Salvador Cabañas, Roque Santa Cruz alternating with Óscar Cardozo and Nelson Haedo Valdez.

Cabanas 28 with 35 caps, Cardozo 26 with 17 caps.

Leroy Lita hasnt been mentioned for a while. He is now a free agent isnt he ?

He has pace to burn, can finish and could easily be afforded a place at Ewood :brfcsmilie:

I'm sorry but in what bizarre universe do you live where Leroy Lita "can finish" ??? :wacko::lol:

We've already got one pacey and powerful centre forward who can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, or even a banjo with a cow's arse. Why would we want another?

I hope we're looking for better than him but I suppose beggars can't be choosers

Guest benmaxwell

Nicko. Is this mystery striker Mr X a very young striker, so young in fact Rovers will have to give his origin club compensation due to him not having a professional contract?

Very plausible scenario Ben, does anybody know any names who might fit that list?

Just a "clever" way of throwing Sturridge's name out for the tenth time in this thread, which I'm sure nicko has denied as many times.

Daniel Sturridge.

So young he doesn't have a professional contract would mean under 16 in the UK and under 17 in somewhere like Spain. Sturridge's first professional contract has just ended.

Nicko said this guy was a better buy than Kuranyi (I don't think "better than Kuranyi" was as explicit as has been repeated since) and would walk into our first team. That's not a 15 year old Brit.

To recap: unexpectedly available, brilliant move for us if it comes off, lots going on behind the scenes but it'd be a huge coup if he joined Rovers. Owen Coyle "looked at" him at one point, so he's been around a few years, but probably not at the level he's at now. And I think someone said he had no Premier League track record, so he's either Championship or more likely abroad.

I've seen Givet play at all different levels and on many more occasions than you and probably any other person on this board, both in person and on TV and I also have friends who are Marseille fans and season ticket holders, many of whom are very knowledgeable and decent judges of footballers, not one is upset about losing Givet. He's a good defender and does his job, but he is limited as a left back because of his lack of pace and attacking threat and has also made a habit of making mistakes when playing at centre back.

I'm sure he'll be starting at the beginning of the season, we've spent so much money on him he virtually has to, but that doesn't mean that we needed to buy him. It is 3.5 million and 30+k spent on one of the five or six positions I think we can't relatively easily improve on (two centre backs, left back, keeper and one or both of the forwards). Where's the logic in that? It now looks like we're in a position where we have to sell in order to improve elsewhere and also significantly cut the wage bill and we have just spent a decent amount of money on a fee and wages in a position where some of our highest earners will already be (Warnock, Samba and Nelsen must all be towards the top of our wage bill) and none of them will be happy on the bench. So instead we'll probably shift Warnock into midfield, remove any attacking threat from a full back position and have Warnock run around like a headless chicken in most matches. Between Zurab and Olsson we have two players who make for decent cover at the centre back and left back positions. If we want to reduce our squad size and wage bill, it is signings like this that we need to avoid. Selling Nelsen is now the only sensible solution.

Archived