BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Whats that Schoey? Never heard of that!

well my girlfriend's sister works at the catering bit at rovers and was working the players dinner, and while she was outside admiring Diouf's shiny toy car, she saw some lad sat in a car opposite. Then Diouf's mate who was watching his car for him told her that the lad had been there all night, and had been around the training ground they day before looking for a trial...to which Allardyce told him to come find him tomorrow. So he'd sat outside the club most of the day after finding out it was the players dinner.

Diouf's mate also showed her some note the lad had given him to give to Diouf saying stuff along the lines of 'i admire and look up to you etc. and would be grateful for any help you could give me for getting into pro football' ....dunno if Diouf ever got that...

Strange world of football eh?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found the following information on setanta.

Reported Blackburn targets Modeste M'Bami and Renato Civelli, as well as former Premier League players Boudewijn Zenden and Sylvain Wiltord are free agents, as Marseille new coach Didier Deschamps has confirmed he does not wish to offer them new deals.

Guest benmaxwell

Changed today to show he has interest from us... The reference that is at the end of the snippet is a reference to his injury layoff it shows nothing to do with us... We have not been linked to him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just been re-reading and listening to the JW interview. He says the ideal squad is 23 players.

Keep:

Paul Robinson, Stephen Warnock, Christopher Samba, Ryan Nelsen, Brett Emerton, David Dunn, Benni McCarthy, Vince Grella, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Elrio van Heerden, Steven Reid, Keith Andrews, El Hadji Diouf, Gaël Givet, Jason Roberts, Mark Bunn, Mystery strikers x2, Mystery RB, 3rd GK, Mystery Winger, 2 CM's

= 23 players

Sell/Release/loan:

Roque Santa Cruz, Zurab Khizanishvili, Steven Reid, Matt Derbyshire, Alan Judge (loan/sell), Martin Olsson (loan), Paul Gallagher and Maceo Rigters

Reserve:

Keith Treacy, Aaron Doran and Andy Haworth.

-------------------------------------------------------

According to the Manchester Evening News, Man City are not the only team interested in Roque: http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/spo..._and_santa_cruz

Tottenham are interested...

Changed today to show he has interest from us... The reference that is at the end of the snippet is a reference to his injury layoff it shows nothing to do with us...

Hadn't even read that ha! as if. Quite liked the look of the fella at the hawthorns to be honest. Would expect WBA to want to much though.

Why dont we leave the guessing and wait ??

Lets not jeopordise anything the club may be doing!!

Just trust Big Sam

its no fun to sit and wait.... do you really think nicko will say "yeah well done he is mystry Mr X"...

NO chance.....

so whats the harm in trying to guess? the chances are he has been guessed already just nicko wont tell us and i dont blame him....

the mystry Mr X is me i've scored lots of times but not in the prem... ha! :wacko:

I hinted at his name before but guiseppi rossi has admitted he has interest from england. Could he really be mystery x?

The guy who Villarreal paid 10 million Euros for and scored for Italy the other night? Yes, it's definitely him.

You didn't hint at his name by the way, you posted it an hour ago. There are a lot of clues given by nicko which means it simply can not be someone like him, he's far too good for us anyway.

Guest benmaxwell

We have just made our second signing of the summer. Nikos Giannakopoulos from Asteras Tripolis... Goalkeeper...

Bye bye Jason Brown...

Guest benmaxwell
I hope he's a bit taller than Jason Brown...

Is this from a reliable source?

A very reliable source. Think SkySports are also reporting it to...

We have just made our second signing of the summer. Nikos Giannakopoulos from Asteras Tripolis... Goalkeeper...

Bye bye Jason Brown...

He's only 16, I don't think he'll be replacing anyone in the first team for at least 3 or 4 years. Won't have any impact on Brown's position in my opinion.

its no fun to sit and wait.... do you really think nicko will say "yeah well done he is mystry Mr X"...

NO chance.....

In which case don't guess then because it's not going to get you anywhere, apart from creating pages of rubbish which then after 50 guesses you can quote and go 'yes i got it right'.

unluckymorten: The kid himself said he was coming over to sign about a week ago. If it's the same one i'm thinking of, he is only about 16 but highly rated.

Guest benmaxwell
That might happen, in fact it's quite probable, but not because we've signed a 16 year old goalkeeper.

The 16 year old in question is apparently a very very good prospect and is not fazed by the move.

By recruiting him, we have our no.3 goalkeeper allowing Bunn his move up the ladder and Brown his move away.

A 16 year old isn't going to be our number 3! I'm not doubting his potential, but he's never going to be third choice at that age. If Robbo had a spell out injured like last year there's no chance Sam would want a 16 year old on the bench as backup to Bunn.

Archived