BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hardly news though. allardyce said last year he wanted a smaller squad anyway. So it's a case of not replacing squad players with new squad players but getting only players in that are expected to be in the first team and on the bench.

You just wonder that yes, he knew the squad would be smaller, yet did he think, this would mean more money for a couple of quality players, rather than have little or no money.

Hoilett would be an emerging player rather than a first-team starter, but maybe emerging very fast.

It would be great to see a Canadian playing for Rovers! From what I've been able to deduce, David hasn't played for Canada at any level but I could be mistaken. This isn't completely impossible though as a number of Canadians with other international options have avoided tying themselves to Canada internationally (such as Owen Hargreaves and Jonathan de Guzman). Anyway, if he is playing for Rovers next season it will be easy to decide upon the name for my shirt!!

Guest benmaxwell

Might be worth considering when trimming the wagebill (know it's not exactly solid but if true...): scan0003-1.jpg

Nothing new - its what we were told a couple of weeks ago.

We have a number of players who can go/ have gone that don’t need replacing and are being paid for nothing really:

Mokoena (20k), Villanueva (8k), Simpson (£10k), Brown (12k), Gally (20k), Kane (5k) – That alone is almost £3.9m a year.

Ooijer has then gone, and we have replaced him with Givet (Id expect at least 5k a week saving here too) – That’s another 260k.

We still have the following who could go too – Rigters, Derbs, Zurab, Treacy.

Tugay has also gone, and we will no doubt replace him with a cheaper option as id expect he was on 30-35k a week at least.

If RSC goes then there is no doubt we will only re-distribute maybe 40k of his 60-65k wages - so thats another 20k/ £1m a year.

A large squad will not necessarily mean more success, in Rovers case it could cause conflict...It's better to have a smaller squad of players who play week in week out..If we suffer injuries then that's where the reserve squad comes in...

Guest benmaxwell

Just asked the person in question who published that story on the BBC. The impression he gave me was that the cutting down on wages was more to allow for the players coming in, then actually any kind of clearout overall... Several players will be coming in and obviously, we'd have to get rid of some players to allow for that...

Nothing to much to worry about it would appear.

Done a bit of work on Hoilett...

There IS a 'special case' permit if you can prove that the player is of exceptional quality.

So there is a chance of getting him.

Anybody who plays Football Manager would already know this. :)

Just read that from the BBC, and JW saying we have already used a significant amount on aquiring Givet. We must really have nothing to spend, and thats really a big disappointment after last seasons horror show. Its bad, but we just got to get on with it.

If we have used a significant bit of our budget on Givet then it is a terrible signing. Why use up so much money on a player who doesn't have to be in the starting line up? Is Warnock-Samba-Nelsen-Emerton/New signing improved on greatly by signing Givet? Is it that bad to have Zurab as first choice back-up? Just makes no sense.

at the end of the day we are still looking at bringing in 2 strikers, a right back and someone for center mid we also have a young'ish right winger signed

and a defender just about to sign.... thats before we have sold anyone... when he starts to sell people ie derbs,gally,zurab he will have more and im sure

he will know where that will be spent... thats before he has sold santa cruz... so dont be so gloomy its only 2 weeks since the season finished.... :rolleyes:

Leroy Lita hasnt been mentioned for a while. He is now a free agent isnt he ?

He has pace to burn, can finish and could easily be afforded a place at Ewood :brfcsmilie:

he could be Mr Y .......

If we have used a significant bit of our budget on Givet then it is a terrible signing. Why use up so much money on a player who doesn't have to be in the starting line up? Is Warnock-Samba-Nelsen-Emerton/New signing improved on greatly by signing Givet? Is it that bad to have Zurab as first choice back-up? Just makes no sense.

I agree.

If its true that we are totally skint and have nothing to spend on areas that need investment (central midfield) then the Givet signing for £3.5 million? seems a stupid one. I'd like Givet to sign but not at the expense of investing in areas that need it more.

We are lucky that we are still in this division when you consider the amount we have spent in recent years. A lot of sides have spent far more but haven't spent it wisely, if one season they do spend it on quality then we are in serious trouble.

Givet imo is our best defender (assuming he signs), for £3.5m any decent manager would have realised he is an absolute bargain.

totally agree, we may be desperate in midfield but you'd be off your head not to sign givet he's pure class and the defence looks rock solid with him in it, i'd be sick if someone like everton got 18m for lescott the nipped in and stole givet for 3.5m.

Givet imo is our best defender (assuming he signs), for £3.5m any decent manager would have realised he is an absolute bargain.

Trust me, he isn't. He's a good player and for a defender that is a suitable fee for him.

mmmmmmm....not sure , he is good and i have been impressed with him , but to say he is our best defender after 1/2 a season is a bit premature ...remember vratislav gresko? he was great unitl we gave him a contract

Archived