BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If JW sticks to what he said when talking to us yesterday, then one of Warnock and Olsson will be leaving this summer. He said 2 players per position as cover. I'm guessing Warnock and Givet, with Olsson leaving...

don`t forget that Olsson has been employed at left midfield for the reserves and at leats one outing in the first team.

Nicko - any truth in Rovers being interested in Nzonzi ?

Surely the better option would be:

Emerton / Nelsen / Samba / Givet

___________Warnock

Am I on my own in thinking that Samba would be a bit of a liability in midfield?

I agree with this, however I don`t think he would be a liability in central defensive midfield role - in fact he would be quite effective depending on the opposition. Would rather see Warny in that role though, and Samba back at centre back, and keep the relationship that Nelly and Samba have developed (minus the Ince reign where they didn`t know each other!)

Nicko,

Any chance of Rovers going in for Jozy Altidore? His spanish club aren't using him, he's great for the USMNT, and he's 20. Huge, scads of pace, good instinct, and would only be a few million pounds...

Sorry to join the Nicko dogpile there...

I think he still has problems gaining a work permit...

Rovers back in for Janko - and we had a scout there on saturday too. £7m is the asking price!

Janko link

Janko was on the bench...Rovers would have known that and were probably not there.

Nicko - any truth in Rovers being interested in Nzonzi ?

New one on me...obscure club...possible pre-season training job?

It wouldn't surprise me if we saw four or five faces turn up at Brockhall next month, hoping to win contracts.

Sam is quite happy with that way of working.

I'm sorry but in what bizarre universe do you live where Leroy Lita "can finish" ??? :wacko::lol:

We've already got one pacey and powerful centre forward who can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, or even a banjo with a cow's arse. Why would we want another?

I hope we're looking for better than him but I suppose beggars can't be choosers

I wouldn't mind Lita as a 4th choice striker. Dunno about his attitude problems but players with attitude problems do tend to be cheaper than model pro's. His pace is frightening and sometimes a cool head when 1 on 1 improves with age and maturity..... unfortunately pace usually goes in the other direction :rolleyes: . If he's cheap and his wage demands are reasonable then he'd be worth a punt. He and his agent must know that his career is on the slide.

There are a lot of Roque stories today. It seems the local Blackburn and Manchester papers got their heads together on it at least.

Man City seem to be leaking their interest to their local 'puppies' in the nationals and dropping figures like £12 million into print.

Get real.

As for doing a deal by July 1...I think the word would be 'hopeful' and not 'confident.'

One again, get real.

Nicko. Any idea who the second player could be at Man City in that Telegraph story? It says Ben Haim and one other..?

If I took the story seriously...I would maybe look into it.

Man City are going to offer LESS...?

Ben Haim - huge wages, not very good. Rovers already have a lot of defenders....?

Who else is on offer? The kit man?

Rovers need to sort out compo for Mystery X and one of the next two:

1. his club are currently without a manager / maybe about to lose one.

2. they are waiting on signing a new striker

Possible (british) clubs I can think of for number 1:

Celtic,

Swansea,

WBA,

Newcastle,

Wigan,

Number 2:

City,

Manure,

Everton,

Anyone help with names?

Is Sturridge a dead cert to go to Chelsea, or can we get him in part-exchange?

doubt a part ex because his contract is up, but could still get him. Sure nicko said crazy(ish) wages are wanted. BUT could well be worth it. Sell derbs, for say 3mil. Use that on sturridges wages and we have a better player who is worth more than derbs straight away.

Alternatively we could be negotiating with Chelsea to let them sign him and we get him for a year or two on loan.

Rovers need to sort out compo for Mystery X and one of the next two:

1. his club are currently without a manager / maybe about to lose one.

2. they are waiting on signing a new striker

Possible (british) clubs I can think of for number 1:

Celtic,

Swansea,

WBA,

Newcastle,

Wigan,

Number 2:

City,

Manure,

Everton,

Anyone help with names?

Please think about what you are doing!

Doubt a part ex because his contract is up, but could still get him. Sure nicko said crazy(ish) wages are wanted. BUT could well be worth it. Sell derbs, for say 3mil.

Alternatively we could be negotiating with Chelsea to let them sign him and we get him for a year or two on loan.[/color]

£3m for Derbs? We already turned that down. Also I think Nuicko mentioned that he isnt requesting daft wages, was just refusing to sign a City contract without knowing his future chances.

The mystery striker is Marc Janko.

No its not.

has anybody heard of anything to do with that French lad that was sat outside the players dinner thing practically stalking the management because Allardyce said he'd give him a trial?

...hopefully this won't be how we do business!

Archived