BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

A 16 year old isn't going to be our number 3! I'm not doubting his potential, but he's never going to be third choice at that age. If Robbo had a spell out injured like last year there's no chance Sam would want a 16 year old on the bench as backup to Bunn.

That just depends on how good he really is. He has cost us £52k, which has got to be a bargain whatever happens. Maybe Big Sam has got in there before everyone else and uncovered a star?

A few games in the reserves will prove his worth. fingers crossed on that one.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big name signing :rolleyes:

Atleast he can take over the song now that Zurab is off.

He's got a long name

He's got a long naaaaaaaaaaaaame

Nikos Giannakopoulos

He's got a long name

Another example of how anything mentioned on here magically appears in the papers.

And why Mister X will have to remain Mister X just that little bit longer.

how did you find out who the Mister X was Nicko, also will the deal be done this week??

how did you find out who the Mister X was Nicko, also will the deal be done this week??

Long story...

The time-scale is all that remains on this. The deal is in place in many ways. Just one vital final piece before it happens.

Got to say I heard last night that it may take longer than I hoped or expected.

However it is still on track.

Long story...

The time-scale is all that remains on this. The deal is in place in many ways. Just one vital final piece before it happens.

Would that be agreeing personal terms with the player?

Would you rate him better than McCarthy?

Long story...

You sound just like you did about Bentley signing his new contract with us. :unsure:

Guest benmaxwell

Nicko, i heard their might be interest in Roque from Spain. Have you heard anything about this?

We have just made our second signing of the summer. Nikos Giannakopoulos from Asteras Tripolis... Goalkeeper...

Bye bye Jason Brown...

not yet i dont think....

Greek starlet Nikos Giannakopoulos is set to join Blackburn Rovers . The 16-year-old goalkeeper spent time on trial with Rovers

Guest benmaxwell
Rovers looking at talented young Defensive midfielder for £500k!

500,000 Euros... More like £400k's...

Any news on how much we are likely to get for Zurab ?

He has to be congratulated for his loyality to the club - even though there has been a number of occasions when he should have been playing. A strange player in many ways - always looked like he could become a permanent fixture, but prone to lapses of concentration and judgement.

With Givet in - it may be a good time for player and club to let him move on (providing fee is ok).

Personally I would hope for £1M+, whichever way you look at it - its a bit more of the Givet deal paid off, and wages released.

£1m nicko said a few weeks ago - id want more than that to be honest (especially if you compare other defenders who have moved in the last 12 months or so). Like you say though £1m to put towards something else + probably 20k a week off the books.

Whats that Schoey? Never heard of that!

well my girlfriend's sister works at the catering bit at rovers and was working the players dinner, and while she was outside admiring Diouf's shiny toy car, she saw some lad sat in a car opposite. Then Diouf's mate who was watching his car for him told her that the lad had been there all night, and had been around the training ground they day before looking for a trial...to which Allardyce told him to come find him tomorrow. So he'd sat outside the club most of the day after finding out it was the players dinner.

Diouf's mate also showed her some note the lad had given him to give to Diouf saying stuff along the lines of 'i admire and look up to you etc. and would be grateful for any help you could give me for getting into pro football' ....dunno if Diouf ever got that...

Diouf does not have a friend watching his car when he parks it at Rovers. I managed to speak to him prior to the Pompey game before he got onto the coach - Sam has all the players taken to a hotel before the game. I got into a conversation about his car. Which was then a white Revere (I believe he changed it before the WBA game). During the conversation I spoke about insurance for such a car and him parking it so close to the ground on match days. His comment to me was that it was more than safe to park in the car park as the stewards of the park keep a close eye on all the players cars.

Archived