BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another example of how anything mentioned on here magically appears in the papers.

And why Mister X will have to remain Mister X just that little bit longer.

Your quite right Nicko - keep it quiet for as long as it takes, if releasing the name throws any further pressure on the deal and introduces risk, then its well worth keeping quiet. I don`t think we should be adding any unecessary risk to any of our transfer dealings so as the likes of myself, and others can get a quick snippet of info ahead of the papers !

If its worth keeping quiet and the player will be worth it, then lets give Nicko some room on this and let him reveal the name when he feels the times right.

So looing as he doesnt end up here!

Here there is one agent doing the deal to sell Velnencia of Wigan to Man U, and another agent setting up a deal to take him to Madrid. Is this the norm in football nowadays.

Rothen will offer Rovers more in attacking options then what we have got now, so i think he would be a good addition to the squad, plus he could be on a free!!

Rothen will offer Rovers more in attacking options then what we have got now, so i think he would be a good addition to the squad, plus he could be on a free!!

Depends on his wages!!! and we could do with a bit of pace, seems Rothen for all his quality, may be a little slow!!

Guest benmaxwell
Depends on his wages!!! and we could do with a bit of pace, seems Rothen for all his quality, may be a little slow!!

If were going to sign somebody like Rothen, i really do think a decision needs to be made on Reid. Unless he comes back on blistering form with no setbacks (which he has already had), i can't see how it's worth taking the risk of paying him £20,000 a week to warm our treatment table...

If were going to move forward, we need to leave certain elements of our past behind. I'd rather we took a few chances on younger players like N'Zonzi and used Reid's wages to do so, then hope Reid comes back after an age of not playing and hit the ground running with the form he had before his 1st layoff...

Guest benmaxwell
And what do you suggest we do with Reid?

Agree a fee with him to release him by mutual consent. It'll cost us a bit of money but if we save money in the longterm, it'll benefit us. Either that or we could loan him out if he is fit enough to play.

Loan him out for 6 months, bring someone else in, if Reid can't recover, release him, if he can, play him or sell him...

On a side note, does anyone know anything about Osahon Eboigbe? According to Wikipedia, he is a Nigerian Blackburn Rovers player, on loan at OH Leuven...

I think he still has problems gaining a work permit...

Not in a month. He'll play the Confed and Gold Cups, and that'll put him over 75% of National Team caps in the past year. We're also ranked 14th internationally (and Paraguay, we're coming for you!), so no problems on that end either. I'd love to see him here.

Agree a fee with him to release him by mutual consent. It'll cost us a bit of money but if we save money in the longterm, it'll benefit us. Either that or we could loan him out if he is fit enough to play.

Loan him out for 6 months, bring someone else in, if Reid can't recover, release him, if he can, play him or sell him...

On a side note, does anyone know anything about Osahon Eboigbe? According to Wikipedia, he is a Nigerian Blackburn Rovers player, on loan at OH Leuven...

That nigerian lad may play for a different Blackburn Rovers. There is one that plays in the second division in South Africa i think. I could be miles off but its a possibility.

No, he's definitely one of ours.

Osahon "Macky" Eboigbe (born September 11, 1989) is a Nigerian professional football player. He is known as a pacy striker.

For the 2007-2008 season, Eboigbe was loaned from the Blackburn Rovers Youth Academy to Belgian first division side Cercle Brugge. The main reason for this move was because Eboigbe was due to turn 18 soon after, and as a consequence would be needing documents necessary to be eligible to play in English football as a non-EU player, documents which he would not receive. In Belgium, these regulations in football are far less strict.

Dwight Wille, who was also in the Rovers' Youth Academy in 2006-07, stated that in his view, Osahon Eboigbe was one of the most promising players in the Blackburn Rovers U-19 team. Macky made his début for Cercle on December 8, 2007, against Exc. Mouscron. Cercle won the match 3-0.

First was announced that Eboigbe would also be part of the Cercle Brugge squad for the 2008-09 season, but eventually Eboigbe went on trial with OH Leuven and was loaned out for 1 season to the Belgian second division side.

Osahon Eboigbe also has an older brother, Semi Eboigbe, who is a professional basketballer, currently playing for Lynn Fury.

Bring someone else in? if we bring someone else in then its goodbye Reid!

if he doesnt come back fully fit at the start of the season he should be let go! I know that sounds harsh but there is little loyalty in football anymore & Reid has already had more than enough!!

Bring someone else in? if we bring someone else in then its goodbye Reid!

if he doesnt come back fully fit at the start of the season he should be let go! I know that sounds harsh but there is little loyalty in football anymore & Reid has already had more than enough!!

Think I asked this before, anyone know when the insurance kicks in when a player is long term injured??

How many years does Reid still have on his contract? If its 2 or 3 years, then we getting to a point where enough is enough. We cannot continue to carry him on our wage bill, and we should tell him we will offer a pay as you play contract for at least 6 months. If he holds up in that 6 months, offer to pay him his contract as normal.

So you want us to agree a settlement on a deal that has 2 years to run @ 30k a week - Mmmmmmmm - That will be £2m please to call it quits now.

No chance of it happening.

With you all the way here. Why does anyone think Reid will give up tens of thousands of pounds when, for all he knows, he may never play again?

He isn't an idiot for God's sake. If we want him to leave he will expect his contract in full. The net result of that would be we would save no money overall and have to pay 1.6 mill in one go!

No advantage in that whatsoever

With you all the way here. Why does anyone think Reid will give up tens of thousands of pounds when, for all he knows, he may never play again?

He isn't an idiot for God's sake. If we want him to leave he will expect his contract in full. The net result of that would be we would save no money overall and have to pay 1.6 mill in one go!

No advantage in that whatsoever

If you read earlier, I asked at what stage the insurance kicks in?? a player cant be injured indefinately and the insurance would cover Rovers consequential losses as well as looking after the player!!

Thats why I asked, my guess if he breaks down again he will have to retire and take the insurance.

I'm sure players have done it in the past.

He seems a decent bloke and he'll have pride. Do you really think he'd be happy sitting on that contract for 2 years knowing he's not really earning a penny of it? That would surely get him down quite badly. If his career is knackered I'm sure he'd rather take a lump sum to end his contract and get on building a new career for himself.

Guest benmaxwell
So you want us to agree a settlement on a deal that has 2 years to run @ 30k a week - Mmmmmmmm - That will be £2m please to call it quits now.

No chance of it happening.

£20,000 a week. Besides, the idea of a settlement is the players takes less then he would if he got paid his full contract.

I would rather we spent £1 million on a good player who can play for the next 2 years and give a further million to Reid now, then pay someone £2 million not to play!

Nicko, have you heard of any interest in Jason Roberts from Wolves?

Archived