BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Holidays

Erm, I thought that is what they'd got rid of!

Its this bit that is confusing:

2. In order to benefit you must register for Vodafone Passport. Once registered, a 75p connection charge applies to all calls made and received plus you will be charged for eligible calls at the same rate as your home price plan while abroad. Currently, a one minute minimum call charge applies. After which calls are charged in 30 second increments. However, from 1 June 2009 your home tariff minimum call charge will apply. For each call received that lasts more than 60 minutes, a 20p per minute charge applies from the 60th minute onwards. This is charged in per second increments. All charges include VAT, where applicable, unless otherwise stated.

Cant you opt out of passport once you are back off holiday??

• 4 weeks later...
http://www.letooniaresorts.com/site/fethiye/activities.htm

8th June 2 weeks all inclusive in Fethiye Turkey.

Efes beer on draught mmm..... :tu:

Came back on Monday from a superb 2 week holiday.Anybody thinking of booking Turkey,give this hotel some serious consideration as it is brilliant.Fantastic food,staff,entertainment,views,beaches,rooms,beer etc,etc.

Best holiday yet! I also reccommend the jeep safari,what a great day out. :tu:

Hey guys, myself and two 23 year old mates looking for somewhere hot, with nice sandy beaches, not too touristy (certainly no 'irish bars' or 'english breakfasts' on show, or any big fat red bellies for that matter either!).

We'll wanna eat out at nice restraunts (preferably with lots of sangria!), go to some fairly lively bars (but not those cheesy ones with neon lights and Chesney Hawkes blaring out) and maybe a few clubs as well (we'd probably be willing to cab outside of where we were staying for this).

At the moment it looks as though we might be going peak time, though on a budget, which could be a problem.

I know I'm being fairly brief, but does anybody have any recommendations? Anybody been anywhere they' recommend?

Cheers!

I am halfway through three weeks of backpacking in Colombia at the moment before going back to Blackburn for a while. Hoping to have a week away in somewhere like Spain as well although somewhere far different from the Magaluf/Benidorm type places. Barcelona and Seville sound nice. Any recommendations would be welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a week to go before I visit Lanzarote and Costa Teguise.

Looking at the current weather forecast its going to be a very very hot holiday with temps averaging 31degs plus during the day.

Got the Rovers shirt and towel ready to be flown from the balcony. If your there and you spot us (you wont miss us big group of 9) come and join us for a beer.

I've been back at uni for most of this year, attending work on Mondays only (though I'm back in the firm now from June until the end of September). Fortunately my annual leave has remained intact in spite of my long absences from the office. I'm on leave all of this week and then have another long period in September when I'll be visiting Chicago and New York. This should take me right up to the restart of my course. :tu:

At the end of the month I will be going to Scunthorpe for my holidays. Never been so excited about a holiday before. I'm serious.

I have Singapore and Thailand in Sept, but right now I am counting down the days 'till i hit Sunny Scunny.

Strange how life works out.

• 2 months later...

So, I have a week to take around Christmas time and want to get out of London, but can't leave the UK during that time.

Any suggestions for places that are good to go over the Christmas season - towns or areas that really have a festive atmosphere?

So, I have a week to take around Christmas time and want to get out of London, but can't leave the UK during that time.

Any suggestions for places that are good to go over the Christmas season - towns or areas that really have a festive atmosphere?

Xmas....I hate it, going to disappear to Barbados for 2 weeks and miss a few Rovers games, i'll find a nice beach bar for the highlights!!

Why not try somewhere like the Lake District or North Wales...great for walking and you don't get all the over the top festivities.

Sounds good to me.

Edinburgh is pretty good and if you avoid the fly traps in the Lake District it's good too.

Have a www search for Eskdale & Wastwater on the western Lakes. It's beautiful area. Maybe Whitehaven which I think is nice as it name suggests.

Cheers

Colin

Was thinking of Scotland for a few days, then down to the Lake District for Christmas and then to Wigan for Boxing Day.

Depends how you are travelling. The roads can be absolute murder at that time of the year and if there is any snow or ice the country stops moving...

Rail will be packed, very expensive and shuts down for a couple of days at that time of the year as well whilst domestic flights will cost as much as flying the Atlantic off-peak if you don't book early.

My candid advice is that there are easily enough fantastic places to stay at and see in the Lakes, Bowland and the Dales that unless there is a chance you will never otherwise get to Scotland (and then which bit?- it is almost as big as England), I'd give yourself a more relaxing time and stay relatively local to Lancashire.

The big holiday for the Scots by the way is New Year rather than Christmas.

If you have the spending money, I'd recommend the Sharrow Bay on Ullswater- I had a pleasant early morning walk there with Charlston Heston who happened another guest some 20 odd years ago! But the quality of catering and hotel-keeping has improved dramatically over the years so I believe it is difficult to go wrong in the Lakes and Dales now.

Think I've narrowed it down to either Edinburgh or the Lake District. Found spots at both where we can bring the dog, so it comes down to do we want to be tourists, or just get away and relax.

Unless, of course, anyone has other suggestions.

Think I've narrowed it down to either Edinburgh or the Lake District. Found spots at both where we can bring the dog, so it comes down to do we want to be tourists, or just get away and relax.

Unless, of course, anyone has other suggestions.

Great Langdale is lovely in the winter, a really nice set up and some nice short or long walks if your up for that sort of thing. The accommodation is top notch but you'd have to check if they allow pets. it's not far from Windermare too. www.langdale.co.uk

Archived