BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

I must say that wasn't a bad performance at all. I know it was only a friendly but it was played competitively. There wasn't much evidence of Big Sam's so called hoofball....our lads passed it around very nicely.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing Sam. Good work out of that there is no doubt.

Please do not let TREACY wear our shirt he is USELESS.

Where were you Waggy, good football to be played on the floor and plenty of pass and move.

I know its a friendly, but tonight showed that we can still play good football without needing a big target man.

Very impressive work out for Rovers.

Apart from Jacobsen and Brown (both of whom were worryingly poor) Rovers completely rotated the team. Yet in both halves the Rovers were impressively set up with players running into space for clean simple passes and invariably when we tackled it was a Rover who picked up the second ball.

Roma had pretty well all their first team playing at various times from what I could see. Their keeper was outstanding.

Unbelievably bad penalty by Judge lost it on penalties.

We probably edged it in terms of chances in the end. Their keeper pulled off some great saves and we let in two sloppy goals.

I was pleased with the players and the performance against a very good side. It was great to see the youngsters given the chance to shine against decent opposition. Judge's cross was superb to EHD to set up Doran. Just a shame he took the worst penalty ever! :lol:

Philip I don't know why you think Jacobsen was worryingly poor, I thought he was quite solid. How often were we beaten down the left? Rarely. He doesn't push forward as often as a Warnock/Ollson/Emerton/Andrews would, but he's sound defensively and sticks to his man.

Philip I don't know why you think Jacobsen was worryingly poor, I thought he was quite solid. How often were we beaten down the left? Rarely. He doesn't push forward as often as a Warnock/Ollson/Emerton/Andrews would, but he's sound defensively and sticks to his man.

I agree. He didn't look poor at all. I felt he looked pretty solid and fitted in well.

Archived