BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pre-season

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Difference has been the keepers- their's has made exceptional saves, our's hasn't.

nice shot warnock.. the difference the keeping

Exactly lads.

HT 2-1 - Good game so far for a friendly. But for our keeper being crap it would be 1-0

• Backroom
Good for Gally. Been our best player so far, some excellent touches and close control.

Really? I thought he's been avergae all in all, should have scored earlier, he's certainly been no worse than a lot though. I would leave him on for the second half though to see what he offers

Diouf has been the stand out man for me.

Why isn't Bunn in goal? He was on the bench more times than Brown towards the end of last season and is now our second choice keeper. I have seen him play in the past for Northampton and he has been very impressive. He may be unproven at Premier League level, but since he is now our second choice keeper, he needs to be playing against good sides like Roma so he can adjust to the required standard of the Premier League.

Why isn't Bunn in goal? He was on the bench more times than Brown towards the end of last season and is now our second choice keeper. I have seen him play in the past for Northampton and he has been very impressive. He may be unproven at Premier League level, but since he is now our second choice keeper, he needs to be playing against good sides like Roma so he can adjust to the required standard of the Premier League.

He will probs play second half.

I prefer playing decent opposition than the friendlies a few season back under Souness where we hit double figures. In the final match analysis lets not forget that it is AS Roma we are playing and not some third rate side

Yeh definitely, were doing pretty well, like someone said, the goalkeeper has probably been the difference, I guess we just wanted an easy first game against Cambridge just for a bit of match fitness, not too learn much about the team.

Wonder what the second half line up will be, will we see Vieri?

I'm liking the look of N'Zonzi, yes a few passes have gone astray but purely physically he looks to be quick, strong and BIG. Also looks to have a bit of fighting spirit (not quite at the Diouf level thankfully, yet)

Bunn had the entire Cambridge game, think they're wanting to have a look at Brown (in the goals at least...)

Got to think that Bunn is the outright 2nd choice now.

Not bad overall for the first half, Roma has a touch more class going forward but we've held our own.

N'Zonzi looked poor at times, Roberts has tried but can't assert himself.

Gallagher is great then poor in the same play.

Andrews been passing well, his usual weakness, but pushing forward (his usual strength) he hasn't been great.

Grella showed some good touches but goes missing for periods.

Samba and Givet solid at the back, I also have a feeling Jako will be our starting RB come the Man City game.

Who did I miss? Oh, Warnock a bit like Grella and Gallagher, good in patches.

Brown poor with one good save from close range.

I'm liking the look of N'Zonzi, yes a few passes have gone astray but purely physically he looks to be quick, strong and BIG. Also looks to have a bit of fighting spirit (not quite at the Diouf level thankfully, yet)

Im suprised how competitive the game has been for a friendly.

N'Zonzi looks very aggresive - I like it. He also looks good in the air - give him time and he is going to be a bargain find.

Great minds think a-like

Really? I thought he's been avergae all in all, should have scored earlier, he's certainly been no worse than a lot though. I would leave him on for the second half though to see what he offers

Diouf has been the stand out man for me.

To be fair I've only seen the last twenty minutes but whilst I've been watching Gally has caught my eye, all I've seen Diouf do is sky a free-kick and get booked.

Diouf certainly looked good and Roma had no answer for him.

Roberts much tidier than he normaly is and set Gally up for the goal perfectly- no way was there a shot on for him from where he was.

Gally been very encouraging.

Let's see what the second half line ups look like. Our's should at least be no weaker than the first half line-up if Sam changes all XI with Bunn, Nelsen, Zurab, Andrews, Dunn, Benni presumably in waiting.

• Backroom

Fair point si, I'd like to see N'Zonzi and Gally stay on.

Gally is fighting for a place in the swuad next season so Sam may want a proper look. at present I just can't see what he can offer us that we don't already have

Hope to see Vieri at some stage.

Bunn had the entire Cambridge game, think they're wanting to have a look at Brown (in the goals at least...)

Got to think that Bunn is the outright 2nd choice now.

True, but I just feel he should be playing in these sort of games against good opposition. Cambridge from the Blue Square Premier is hardly a test for a goalkeeper who did so well in League One.

Archived