BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] £15 M To Spend - What Are You Strengthening And Who Are You Buying?

No, no it doesn't. He's spent 3.5 already, Davies will be at least 4 million and Rothen will be a fee plus decent wages. We're talking about 100k a week in wages probably, possibly more and at least 9-10 million in transfers if all of that were to happen. That's a decent chunk of money right there and the side will not have been improved at all.

How can you say that? None of the players mentioned have signed for the club let alone played. What if we signed them and they were excellent and took us to a top ten finish. In those circumstances the manager would have improved the side. I'll judge the manager's transfer policy at the end of the season not on rumours and hysteria. If we finish in mid-table then I would judge the manager to have been a success.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can you say that? None of the players mentioned have signed for the club let alone played. What if we signed them and they were excellent and took us to a top ten finish. In those circumstances the manager would have improved the side. I'll judge the manager's transfer policy at the end of the season not on rumours and hysteria. If we finish in mid-table then I would judge the manager to have been a success.

I wouldn't. Midtable is to be expected, success is getting us into Europe.

I think the club needs a big change now, we have way too much deadwood. the players I think should leave

Roque - 18 million

Derbs - 3 million

Andrews - 1 million

Zurab - 2 million

Reid/Dunn what ever price 500 K for both

Roberts - 2 million

Grella- 2.5 million

Nelson - 1 million

That leaves us with 30 million and a lot less wages

So i would buy

Givet - 3 million

Civelli - free

Maniche - free ( sams kind of signing likes of mendes and mendieta)

Matty fernandez - 4 million

nzoni - 2 million ( Defensive midfield)

Zidane - 5 million

Bent - 8 million

Di Santo - Loan

and a few more unheard of like van heerden as squad players

Robinson

Civelli Samba Givet Warnock

Pederson Maniche Nzoni Fernandez

Bent Zidane/Di Santo

Subs

Benni

Zidane/Di Santo

Bunn

Van Heerden

Tracey

Olson

Emerton

Few more squad players

Thats my opinion I know we cant just change everything overnight but I just feel last season no player besides maybe warnock samba played for the jersey they didnt care if we went down because most of them would have still stayed at a prem club. we need players that have things to play for like maniche ( world cup squad) Benni the same thats why i said get rid of roberts. Di Santo wants to make it at chelsea Bent needs to put things right zidane wants to be the best and prove him self Nzoni and fernandez big expectations not a big risk as we have cover in emerton van heerden etc.

Thats what I feel. We need to freshen up the place in a big way and sam should be allowed to built his team and get rid of the dead weight who ever he wants to. That being said we are linked with

KEVIN DAVIS.

This is the speculation thread!!!

I don't agree with getting rid of Zurab. He's a good player, who just happens to be down the pecking order.

I'm really not hopeful of Allardyce having money to spend. We got a nice chunk last summer for Bentley and it simply disappeared. I can see the same thing happening this summer too.

I think the club needs a big change now, we have way too much deadwood. the players I think should leave

Roque - 18 million

Derbs - 3 million

Andrews - 1 million

Zurab - 2 million

Roberts - 2 million

Grella- 2.5 million

Nelson - 1 million

That leaves us with 30 million and a lot less wages

So i would buy

Givet - 3 million

Civelli - free

Maniche - free ( sams kind of signing likes of mendes and mendieta)

Matty fernandez - 4 million

nzoni - 2 million ( Defensive midfield)

Zidane - 5 million

Bent - 8 million

Di Santo - Loan

and a few more unheard of like van heerden as squad players

Robinson

Civelli Samba Givet Warnock

Pederson Maniche Nzoni Fernandez

Bent Zidane/Di Santo

Subs

Benni

Zidane/Di Santo

Bunn

Van Heerden

Tracey

Olson

Emerton

Few more squad players

Thats my opinion I know we cant just change everything overnight but I just feel last season no player besides maybe warnock samba played for the jersey they didnt care if we went down because most of them would have still stayed at a prem club. we need players that have things to play for like maniche ( world cup squad) Benni the same thats why i said get rid of roberts. Di Santo wants to make it at chelsea Bent needs to put things right zidane wants to be the best and prove him self Nzoni and fernandez big expectations not a big risk as we have cover in emerton van heerden etc.

Thats what I feel. We need to freshen up the place in a big way and sam should be allowed to built his team and get rid of the dead weight who ever he wants to. That being said we are linked with

KEVIN DAVIS.

This is the speculation thread!!!

I don't agree with gettin rid of Grella or Nelsen

Grella has not even been given a fair chance yet, if he's crap next season then by all means get rid.

As for Nelsen....he's the club captain and the rock of our defence! I'm takin you didn't watch the second half of the season because if you did, you'd realise how much we actually need him.

just noticed that you want to keep Treacy? :huh:

Roque - 18 million

Derbs - 3 million

Andrews - 1 million

Zurab - 2 million

Roberts - 2 million

Grella- 2.5 million

Nelson - 1 million

The only clubs who have ever gone through that sort of massive change are Spurs, Newcastle, Chelsea and, more recently, Man City. All of them, bar Chelsea, really suffered from it.

It leads to huge instability.

I am all for selling the likes of Mokoena, Vogel etc. who are not part of the proper first team. But you would have to be a nutbar to sell our captain, a player who just joined a year ago in Grella, our only fit central midfielder in Andrews, one of our two remaining strikers in Roberts. You would have to find people who would buy them for a start and then be able to buy their replacements for a reasonable fees.

You have a highly unrealistic of the quanitiy of players we can get through the door in a single transfer window.

For me:

Out - RSC, Derbs, Zurab, Reid or Dunn if anyone wants to take them (highly unlikely)

In - Civlli, Janko, Di Santo, Bradley?, The Egyptian Beckham guy

Sorry but it is a speculation thread.

The only reason I said that was because If we have Nelson where do we play Warnock. I mean his best position is left back. If we have Civelli on the right and Samba and Nelson in the middle Givet will play left and warnock will have to play central midfield which isnt his best position. Thats why its either Samba or Nelson who has to be moved. Also I suggested Grella because he was not one of Sams signings he was that donkeys so if sam wants to bring in a Nzoni or someone and have Warnock as cover for the central midfield role I dont see any place for Grella.

Santa Cruz - £15m to £18m

Derbyshire - £2.5m

Paul Gallagher - £1m to £2m

Khizanishvlli - £1m to £2m

Treacy - £1m

Jason Brown - £500,000

Even being prudent, we should get around £20m for this business. That should give Sam enough to rebuild the squad, and invest in the next Bentley/Duff/Santa Cruz. I think we have the chance now to build a decent footballing side. I'm not expecting us to become the equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters, but we can certainly refine the way we played last season - which was pretty ugly but necessary at the time.

I wouldn't. Midtable is to be expected, success is getting us into Europe.

Why is midtable to be expected when we have one of the lowest incomes in this League? Success is just staying in the Premier League anything more than that is a bonus.

Why is midtable to be expected when we have one of the lowest incomes in this League? Success is just staying in the Premier League anything more than that is a bonus.

But not one of the lowest wage bills PB. That is how JW has always judged our performances - the league table in most instances should reflect the wage bill.

Sorry but it is a speculation thread.

The only reason I said that was because If we have Nelson where do we play Warnock. I mean his best position is left back. If we have Civelli on the right and Samba and Nelson in the middle Givet will play left and warnock will have to play central midfield which isnt his best position. Thats why its either Samba or Nelson who has to be moved. Also I suggested Grella because he was not one of Sams signings he was that donkeys so if sam wants to bring in a Nzoni or someone and have Warnock as cover for the central midfield role I dont see any place for Grella.

Well even speculation should be reasonable! Otherwise we could all come on here and say we should sign Kaka, Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic!

Good point about Warnock, but he is flexible, and we will have injuries or suspensions. He will get 30 games next seasaon, its just a question of where he plays.

Eh. Let's say New Right Back, Samba, Givet, and Warnock *are* our first-choice defence next season. It would be incredibly naive to sell Nelsen and assume none of them will be injured or suspended.

Eh. Let's say New Right Back, Samba, Givet, and Warnock *are* our first-choice defence next season. It would be incredibly naive to sell Nelsen and assume none of them will be injured or suspended.

I would say it is more likely that our back four will have Givet a left back. Nelsen massively improved towards the end of last season.

Dreaming time...this is what I'd love us to end up with:

.................Robinson

Seitaridis Samba Givet Warnock

..................Grella

.........Emerton...M'Bami

....Tuncay.................Pedersen

..................Janko

Subs: Bunn, Nelsen, Reid, Dunn, Diouf, Roberts, Di Santo

Left over: Olsson, Andrews, van Heerden, Doran, Judge, Blackman

Might possibly need a defender adding to that, just a cheapo to take over Zurab's 6/7 games a season. I know both Janko and Tuncay would be expensive, but with all the outgoings (including Roque and McCarthy) I'm sure it would be manageable, especially as M'Bami and Seitaridis are free transfers.

Of course I know that will never happen, but it would be nice to think it could.

Guest benmaxwell
Out - RSC, Derbs, Zurab, Reid or Dunn if anyone wants to take them (highly unlikely)

In - Civlli, Janko, Di Santo, Bradley?, The Egyptian Beckham guy

Completely agree on that list.

We could potentially have the line-up:

Robinson

Emerton - Samba - Nelsen - Givet

Shikabala - Tuncay - Grella - Pedersen

Bent - Roberts

Subs: Bunn, Warnock, Dunn, Reid, Diouf, McCarthy, Di Santo.

Bent - £7m?

Tuncay - £5m?

Shikabala - £4m?

Di Santo - Loan?

That's only £16m approx in transfer fee, covered by the Roque deal alone.

One can dream. :tu:

Archived