BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Did we ever sign that young lad from Liverpool, I seem to remember he was meant to have a lot of potential or was it this Eccleston lad?

Solid, I would say. Looks like a senior player in a game of reserve football - showed decent pace on a few occasions when Liverpool players were through on goal too. I think he is capable of helping us a lot, still unsure whether he's midfield material though.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/article42986.ece

This guy? Just scored his second of the game. -_-

Anyone watching fancy giving a run-down of how he played?

He played well looked pretty quick which is good news. Just before he layed the assist on for Doran he was surrounded by 3 liverpool players and showed some nice twist and turn to find him self a yard of space dare I say he reminded me of Tugay at that point!

Put it some good tackles

On the downside his first touch was a bad pass back which could have resulted in a goal, and one long pass that went astray.

From what I saw cant really see him playing in the Tugay role ahead of the defenders but can see him in centre midfield and winning plenty of the ball and breaking up play.

Other stand out player is Doran and Haworth and O'Conner have looked impressive as well.

Liverpool by far the best side though

Did we ever sign that young lad from Liverpool, I seem to remember he was meant to have a lot of potential or was it this Eccleston lad?

Yeh it was Ecclestone, I guess he didn't show us enough, or it may have been around the time of the manager change which may have scuppered it, thinking back though I think it was pre season time.

Santa Cruz is on for us, I've always said he's better than his brother ;)

I wonder what Doran's substitution means..? Easily the most dangerous Rovers player in the 1st half, and this is a league game. Then again, if he's been injured (fits well with him not being in the Gillingham squad) that might be it.

Well don't know if he is injured or if it's just a slight knock but he limped to the touchline to be replaced.

Perhaps that's where all the money is going, expanding the treatment room so we can fit them all in it.

I thought Salgado looked a bit slower than some people are suggesting but I felt he had enough juice in his battery to keep on going for longer than 45 mins.

I agree. I'd be worried about him playing left back against Lennon. He showed his experience in being able to make the right tackles, but he was beaten for speed a couple of times.

To be fair though Plessis has some first team experience at Liverpool and although not great isn't bad at all for a reserve player, Liverpool fans have been raving about Spearing, although some say it's exagerated because he's a scouser.

Morrissey and Lowe have been fast tracked from the U18's and are both only 17.

• Backroom

Of course Salgado may look slow today, in reality the standard is a lot higher than this in first team games but the pace may be higher against the young lads

Archived