BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to give Hoilett a run in the starting team, perhaps Diouf on the left and Hoilett on the right?

Agreed. Diouf looks better on the left and Pedersen has had two poor performances in a row. Hoilett will offer us loads so needs to come in.

Encouraging about Kalinic. Not like he is going to displace Di Santo though... his target has to be the Chelsea game where Di Santo can't play.

He won't be anywhere near the 1st team by then with Di Santo looking good and Mccarthy on his way back and the up coming Hollett, And of course Roberts

Don't know about that. If he gets a couple in the reserves and against Posh he will probably be able to get a crack as a sub against Burnley. I don't think Sam rates McCarthy, and Roberts was dropped not only from the XI but the squad against Villa.

I don't see Sam changing the formation so Hoilett is not a direct competitor. He is going to play wide right or as a replacement for Dunn if he gets injured/suspended.

ps. Why did Doran not Kailinic take the penalty?!

We were a class apart from Everton tonight, they fielded a team full of kids who were never really in the game.

Kalinic looked better, not as tense and uptight, he showed us a bit more than previous games. He had two very good chances, one he burst through the defence and was one on one with their keeper who managed to save with his legs. The second was a sot from just inside the area, just the keeper to beat but he put it narrowly wide. Still not ready for the first team IMO.

Elrio was neat and tidy throughout, as was Doran who put his pen away easily after sending the keeper the wrong way.

Gunning and Jones were solid at the back, Everton only offered the threat of Agard chasing balls put behind our defence. The one time he seemed like he might get clear he was pulled back by Ramm, who received his first yellow for the offence.

Ramm received his second yellow for a late tackle and was sent off about ten minutes from time.

Reidy ran the game from central midfield, although still gave the ball away too much for my liking.

Hoilett, well what can you say, the guy was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. He looked dangerous everytime he was on the ball. Towards the end of the game he had three Everton players closing him down whenever he got the ball and they didn't usually get it.

I'd give him a start this weekend on the right and put Dioufy on the left.

Good all round performance and the only hoofs were from defenders under pressure, it could easily have been four or five.

Sat next to a scouser who never stopped talking all game, I bet I missed a good half hour :lol:

I'm sure I saw Frank Di Santo sat a few rows behind, can anyone confirm?

Anyone have this feeling building that Kalnic isn't meant to score until that game?

Iv been thinking that for about 2 weeks now. His last few outings in the ressies and cup side have looked better each game - he is trying things like Over-head kicks too so obviously not lacking in confidence.

Aggy - Thanks for that report. Hope Di Santo was there, he seems really keen to be a part of us...I just hope Chelsea have their embargo lifted and maybe allow him to leave. He was loving the atmosphere on saturday you could tell - lets hope by some miracle we can keep him for longer.....

Last night on MUTV I watched highlights of Rovers youngsters against Uniteds youngsters from weekend. The game finished 0-0, but from what I saw, the best player on the pitch was Jason Banton. He seemed to have a bit of pace about him, two footed, tricky and not afraid to take his man on. He reminded me a bit of Hoillet.

Archived