BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who is that number 14 and the guy stretching with beard moustache and a tatoot on his left leg????

both look familiar

emerton and reid looks fit, and robo pic looks artistic, hope his saves are just as artistic :)

Allardyce - who is hoping to tie up a deal for Real Madrid veteran Michel Salgado by the start of next week - has had to be frugal with his own spending this summer, but believes he has got a strong enough squad to compete.

"I and the chairman have had to satisfy the financial side of the club first and what we've got left we've tried to spend as well as we possibly can," he said.

"It gets a little frustrating, but being in this position now for many, many years, I understand the financial plight of football clubs today in the Premier League. You have to live with that and do the best with what you've got.

"We've got no funds to spend any more money, we've been told by the chairman. The funds are all gone so we lie with the squad that we've got.

"There are one or two fringe players that we've had enquiries about and we may let them go but at the moment if what we've got is all we've got to go with, then I'm comfortable with that."

Allardyce - who is hoping to tie up a deal for Real Madrid veteran Michel Salgado by the start of next week - has had to be frugal with his own spending this summer, but believes he has got a strong enough squad to compete.

"I and the chairman have had to satisfy the financial side of the club first and what we've got left we've tried to spend as well as we possibly can," he said.

"It gets a little frustrating, but being in this position now for many, many years, I understand the financial plight of football clubs today in the Premier League. You have to live with that and do the best with what you've got.

"We've got no funds to spend any more money, we've been told by the chairman. The funds are all gone so we lie with the squad that we've got.

"There are one or two fringe players that we've had enquiries about and we may let them go but at the moment if what we've got is all we've got to go with, then I'm comfortable with that."

Sounds like Warnock isn't going then, surely the fringe players are Gallagher and maybe Kishinishvilli.

On Salgado, Sam says he will do a similar role to that of Hierro when he was at Bolton.

After signing him, that will be it.

Interesting. I haven't seen him play for a long time, does he have the qualities to play in the centre of midfield or a makeshift DM? I know he was pretty combative years ago and when he tackled you, you knew about it!

Seen Sam talking on ssn, sounded very miserable.

Cheers for the photos Unleaded, Givet looks really different!

Happy Sam......

These photos tell a different story from todays Press conference........Is that Nicko on the front row?..........Sams Looks happy now he knows hes got his Spainish Legend.............

I don't think you should put the words Playable, Fit and Reid into the same sentance. Its obvious his body isn't upto them Prem...so get a couple of million from someone like sheff utd and move on....Barton needs to be bought with the funds.

I actually don't believe I read this...

Don't right Reidy off just yet and Barton! Well, that just so wrong on so many levels...!

No we haven't. According to the accounts the last two years published have been profitable. The trustees appear to be trying to reduce the value of their investment to the detriment of the team.

According to the document I have the last 1 was profitable, with the previous 4 losses.

Net losses totalling £17.4m over 5 trading years.

Page 4 of the 2007/08 accounts.

Does anyone know which prem club bid four million for Duff?

We have been mentioned but I don't think it's us as we haven't got the money. I've heard Sunderland, Everton, Bolton, Fulham and Hull as possibilities but nothing concrete.

Bolton have been the club rumoured in most of the articles I read, but that's probably a case of one paper making an assumption and the rest following. (Fuham seem to be the other mentioned, wouldn't rule Hull out although they've just brought in Ghilas and he's left sided. Pompey would be an option if they can agree on a long term payment structure like they tried to organise for Kalinic.

I just love the way Newcastle are 'Currently considering the bid', you've been offered 4m and he's on about 65k a week, meanwhile you are skint and need to raise some cash, what the hell's to consider!!!!!!

Archived