BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

According to today's LT Rovers have turned down two bids for Gally. WTF!?

They must've been 5 figures for us not to shift him off the wage bill.

We've got to sell him. His contract expires soon, doesn't it?

I do not see what Gally offers coming on as a sub. Let him go.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When he left Bolton he was one of the most highly regarded managers in the English game. Newcastle badly damaged his reputation as, no doubt, did his association with bungs etc. He'll rebuild his rep at Rovers and move to a club with loftier ambitions soon enough.

His record at Bolton is evidence that he is an exceptional manager when building a team with limited funds, but will probably never be a manager at a top team because of his association with long-ball football.

Your two paragraphs contradict each other somewhat. I agree more with the second one. I don't think he will move to a club with much loftier ambitions due to the fact he'd be too unpopular a choice.

I find the comments about Sam being here for the money odd, how many of you do your job for the love of the job and not the cash?

Regular people do their job because they can't do anything else and if they had the opportunity would not do it at all.

Are you suggesting BFS hates football so much that if there was any other type of job available he would go for it?

I think clubs like ours are ideal for Allardyce. He revels being the underdog and getting one over the so-called top four. Now if only we could loosen the purse strings a tiny bit more, I'm sure he could have us punching above our weight again. The organisation and commitment is there, but we're lacking the technical quality.

I think clubs like ours are ideal for Allardyce. He revels being the underdog and getting one over the so-called top four. Now if only we could loosen the purse strings a tiny bit more, I'm sure he could have us punching above our weight again. The organisation and commitment is there, but we're lacking the technical quality.

Good post.

Completely agree, he comes off like a real d***head in that article.

Seems to be believing his own hype that he's some kind of messiah - but it was US who did HIM a favour. He'd been out of work for a year after making a complete arse of things at St James Park, no-one would touch him with a barge pole until we came along in utter desperation. The sooner he's off the better, another club can put up with his delusions of grandeur. :angry:

I can't bloody wait until the schools go back, I hate putting up with this stuff every summer. :angry:

Spencey, what is wrong with you? Did Allardyce do something unspeakable to a close friend/family member which makes you hate him? How unappreciative of you, after he saved us from going to places such as Glanford Park, and Bloomfield Road next year!

Have the Mods lost control?

Mods were having a meeting at the chip shop outside ewood if you must know.

This is the transfer topic. Only posts that are directly linked to targets and transfers should be placed here. No further off topic posts will be tolerated.

:P

Spencey, what is wrong with you? Did Allardyce do something unspeakable to a close friend/family member which makes you hate him? How unappreciative of you, after he saved us from going to places such as Glanford Park, and Bloomfield Road next year!

I resent his approach to football, absolutely resent it. Which is well within my rights. I described him as a poison when he came to the club, and I stand by that statement. I don't know when - or if - we'll ever recover from his managerial reign. I believe his arrogance as a manager is only surpassed by Roy Keane. Not to mention all the dodgy dealings... Don't you remember how much we all hated this man??

To get back on topic - The lack of a decent centre-midfielder is clear for all to see (including when Dunn, Grella and Reid are fit), and Allardyce has had eight months to address this problem - he's done nothing. I had hoped that he was planning to play Salgado in midfield, but in his post-match interview (now on the BBC website) he says he's desperate to get Salgado in as we're "short on defenders". That's pretty rich when you look at our midfield line-up. (He also rules out signing Rothen.)

In the interview Allardyce also cites Given's "superior saves" as a reason we lost the game today. "Superior" to what exactly....? :huh:

I resent his approach to football, absolutely resent it. Which is well within my rights. I described him as a poison when he came to the club, and I stand by that statement. I don't know when - or if - we'll ever recover from his managerial reign. I believe his arrogance as a manager is only surpassed by Roy Keane. Not to mention all the dodgy dealings... Don't you remember how much we all hated this man?

The lack of a decent centre-midfielder is clear for all to see (including when Dunn, Grella and Reid are fit), and Allardyce has had eight months to address this problem - he's done nothing. I had hoped that he was planning to play Salgado in midfield, but in his post-match interview (now on the BBC website) he says he's desperate to get Salgado in as we're "short on defenders". That's pretty rich when you look at our midfield line-up. (He also rules out signing Rothen.)

In the interview Allardyce also cites Given's "superior saves" as a reason we lost the game today. "Superior" to what exactly....? :huh:

I disagree with a lot of it, but I guess I have to accept that its your opinion. Agree about the need for a creative central midfielder.

However, read the bolded bit. Why wouldn't we recover, and what would there to be recovered from? We are a lot better than we were under Ince - you didn't support him, did you?

A couple of thoughts on the transfer targets & funding from before the topic was hijacked by spency's hate campaign.

Firstly, I feel Sam is right to ask for more money, given what he has done so far. And as I've stated earlier, it must be the samllest gamble (comparitively) because the odds of us going down this season are probably smaller than ever before. There's six teams who I think are worse then us, and it would be very bad luck if 4 did better than expected and none of the others did badly enough to take their place.

Secondly, I think a summer from now Sam will have more free reign in the market. He's currently got three big milestones dragging him down transfer and wages wise in Grella, Dunn and Reid. If they either come good (unlikely) or their contracts are up (I think 2 of the 3 are in the summer) then that gives Sam a lot more money to play with for wages.

Thirdly. This Spanish right back we're interested in must mean we're intending to use Emerton in the midfield. Good news in my book this, as Jacobsen looked decent on today's showing, so we'd have cover to make Emerton's primary position the midfield. Given that the centre of the team is a huge gaping hole, and there aren't many decent centre mids available, this seems like the most viable solution to the team's biggest problem.

I resent his approach to football, absolutely resent it. Which is well within my rights. I described him as a poison when he came to the club, and I stand by that statement. I don't know when - or if - we'll ever recover from his managerial reign. I believe his arrogance as a manager is only surpassed by Roy Keane. Not to mention all the dodgy dealings... Don't you remember how much we all hated this man??

To get back on topic - The lack of a decent centre-midfielder is clear for all to see (including when Dunn, Grella and Reid are fit), and Allardyce has had eight months to address this problem - he's done nothing. I had hoped that he was planning to play Salgado in midfield, but in his post-match interview (now on the BBC website) he says he's desperate to get Salgado in as we're "short on defenders". That's pretty rich when you look at our midfield line-up. (He also rules out signing Rothen.)

Sam is doing a great job. He saved us from relegation after Ince and has brought in decent players with a very limited budget. His dealings in the transfer market have been far superior to Ince. He inherited a shambles and is turning it around. But for Given we would have taken a point today. After almost 50 years of supporting the Rovers I, for one, hope Sam sticks around for some time. I like his approach and I really believe he will keep the club afloat in a division that we really have no right to be in when you consider the finances that are available to us. Salgado will be a good addition to the squad and will give Sam increased options in defence and midfield.

Getting close to ignore time.

Archived