BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunny lad dont worry! Its only a one off.............Just like their season in the Premier league! :lol:

Let them enjoy it.............Until 5 tomorrow! :tu:

How can something so biased and unintresting an appeal to such a small minority be comissioned...

I hope they go down, just because they seem so smug with there return.

Had to laugh when the news reporter said if burnleh had gone out of football the town would have gone :D

You should know better than to trust tribal football imy

Tribal=Gospel and dont you forget it Iceman!

When have they ever got it wrong?this is our line up isnt it?

Robbo

Salgado

Samba

Nelsen

Civelli

zidan

Bouba diop

Diouf

Bentley

Negredo

RVN

Chamakh

Well, a friend who is well connected at AV reckons Warnock is all but done.

Time will tell I suppose.

Almost the final nail in our coffin if that is true in my view.

Where is the current obsession with selling all our best players coming from?

I think a lot of people in favour of this move assume that the money will be there to strengthen the midfield, something really that can't be guranteed. Also surely we would need to sell a midfielder to bring another in, can't think of any of them though that we could sell at this moment in time (lost the chance when Andrews signed a new contract).

So probably sell Warnock bring in Rothen and Salgado and we can challenge for Europe. Keep the money for January i'm sure it will be put in a safe place and will all be there when its needed.. ;)

Almost the final nail in our coffin if that is true in my view.

And Sam reckons he would need two players to replace Warnock - and therefore doesn;t want to sell. How many times have we seen stories that a player is about to sign for another club. By my reckoning Santa signed for about 20 clubs before signing for City - who he had already signed for 5 times prior.

I think clubs deliberately leak so called "about to sign" garbage to put pressure on the club they are trying to buy the player from.

Until the club says he is to be sold - I would hold fire - even then wait to see the deal, how much we get to re-spend and importantly who we are buying.

Selling Warnock would be a mistake unless we get :-

1. £10m +

2. Somebody lined up to replace him

3. Somebody lined up to strengthen midfield

4. Sam given all the money - preferably for 2 & 3

So probably sell Warnock bring in Rothen and Salgado and we can challenge for Europe. Keep the money for January i'm sure it will be put in a safe place and will all be there when its needed.. ;)

So sell Warnock, bring in 2 players with a combined age of 65, probably on significantly higher combined wages than Warnock.

Hmmmm............................. :huh:

And Sam reckons he would need two players to replace Warnock - and therefore doesn;t want to sell. How many times have we seen stories that a player is about to sign for another club. By my reckoning Santa signed for about 20 clubs before signing for City - who he had already signed for 5 times prior.

I think clubs deliberately leak so called "about to sign" garbage to put pressure on the club they are trying to buy the player from.

Until the club says he is to be sold - I would hold fire - even then wait to see the deal, how much we get to re-spend and importantly who we are buying.

Selling Warnock would be a mistake unless we get :-

1. £10m +

2. Somebody lined up to replace him

3. Somebody lined up to strengthen midfield

4. Sam given all the money - preferably for 2 & 3

not bothered either way if i think about it. keep warnock and we have decent versatile player, sell warnock and sam will strengthen the team with 2(poss 3) much needed addtions.

So sell Warnock, bring in 2 players with a combined age of 65, probably on significantly higher combined wages than Warnock.

warnock is hardly a spring chicken, players do age after you first buy them you know. he not a young promising footballer anymore and he`s not quite realised his promise as a player either(otherwise he`d have been taken already). you seem to only think of in terms of getting money from sell on value, but with experienced players who are ready to have an impact immediatly, we likely will finish higher up the league which is also worth money to the club. if those players last for 3 seasons enabling 3 top 10 finishes, that in itself generates the funds to buy replacements down the line.

But those two players will be "free" and we will get 10M for Warnock. Bet the thieving board rob all the cash OF us Eh <_< ............................................

I was being sarcastic... I think selling Warnock, bringing in Rothen and Salgado is a bad move. I have no confidence either that money if set aside now would be made available in January.

I think a lot of people in favour of this move assume that the money will be there to strengthen the midfield, something really that can't be guranteed. Also surely we would need to sell a midfielder to bring another in, can't think of any of them though that we could sell at this moment in time (lost the chance when Andrews signed a new contract).

Agree. Knowing Rovers, the money from any potential sale will disappear. I think alot of this is also due to the lack of fans going to Ewood. Am i being harsh in saying that? If season ticket prices were not reduced, and we got capacity crowds for every game then more money might be available for signings. Is this about a fair way of looking at it from a different angle? Im just asking, so dont rip into me.

I'm sure if we get £10m for Warnock, Sam will get £5-6m to spend, including wage budget. No idea what Warnock is on a week.

If that is the case then I don't think there is any value in selling from Sam's point of view.

A large proportion has gone to pay off debts this summer and the banks/board should be happy with that.

Sam should get all the cash from any deals. Then any difference in wages may have to come out of that, any remaining is used in January.

Agree. Knowing Rovers, the money from any potential sale will disappear. I think alot of this is also due to the lack of fans going to Ewood. Am i being harsh in saying that? If season ticket prices were not reduced, and we got capacity crowds for every game then more money might be available for signings. Is this about a fair way of looking at it from a different angle? Im just asking, so dont rip into me.

Fair comment really, Pompy havent great crowds,they spent money and look at them now!!

Who knows, we are, whatever anyone says, punching above our weight!!

Archived