BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Does anyone know which prem club bid four million for Duff?

We have been mentioned but I don't think it's us as we haven't got the money. I've heard Sunderland, Everton, Bolton, Fulham and Hull as possibilities but nothing concrete.

I've heard Bolton or Fulham. Hope it's Fulham!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. "Those were the days" from some, not all of the contributors. Mixed feelings about Allardyce at Bolton. A bit like Blackburn really.

I don't agree, my Bolton mates, and I have a quite a few, would have BS over Megson anyday, be honest!

2. When will you finish off Ewood Park?

Why would we want to do that? We are still on the original site (I believe that we are the longest established in the Prem), it's big enough for us and even if we did, we couldn't fill it!

So it pointless, we are a town club and a small one at that, we like it that way, we punch above our weight and we are normally 2nd last on MOTD, unless we are playing the big four and they slap us, we live with it. LOL

3. I'm guessing the noise levels at both grounds are similar.

LMAO, you need a hearing test! Be honest, when we are away I go in the NLH, it's a church!

4. Mixed views on Megson too.

Understatement! Why do they hate him so much, he kept you up?

Long live football rivalry, eh?

Couldn't agree more, but don't forget, you are even further down the pecking order, the true dingles are back, (For one season) and, apart from a few numpties at your place, I have a little soft spot for you, but I do not like Villa (Pink) West Spam Spuds Citeh and any of the top 4, I tolerate the others... LOL

I've heard Bolton or Fulham. Hope it's Fulham!

I bet you do, he's made up of spare parts now and his wages????!!!

Allardyce - who is hoping to tie up a deal for Real Madrid veteran Michel Salgado by the start of next week - has had to be frugal with his own spending this summer, but believes he has got a strong enough squad to compete.

"I and the chairman have had to satisfy the financial side of the club first and what we've got left we've tried to spend as well as we possibly can," he said.

"It gets a little frustrating, but being in this position now for many, many years, I understand the financial plight of football clubs today in the Premier League. You have to live with that and do the best with what you've got.

"We've got no funds to spend any more money, we've been told by the chairman. The funds are all gone so we lie with the squad that we've got.

"There are one or two fringe players that we've had enquiries about and we may let them go but at the moment if what we've got is all we've got to go with, then I'm comfortable with that."

I still don't get it.

So what would have happened if we didn't get any money for Santa Cruz? We wouldn't have been able to buy anyone and would have had to sell the other players (like Warnock, Samba) just to stay afloat?

What happens next summer if the young croat doesn't turn out to be another superstar and we can't sell him for much?

What happens next summer if the young croat doesn't turn out to be another superstar and we can't sell him for much?

Hopefully nothing as the wage bill has been (edit: will be?) reduced to a more sustainable level and we've paid back a substantial amount of our bank overdraft.

Sorry, I have looked but can see nothing that suggests anything has changed regarding Salgardo apart from some teamtalk article with no quotes regarding Salgardo.

Can anyone shed any light?

Teamtalk's missing this part:

"I would like to add Michel Salgado to that. I think he's an outstanding player of world class quality. That'll be the only one I want and after that no more.

"He didn't come for a trial, he just came for a test, and the test was okay.

"It lies obviously just with the financial side now which is hopefully going to be okayed by early next week.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_5489280,00.html

Sorry, I have looked but can see nothing that suggests anything has changed regarding Salgardo apart from some teamtalk article with no quotes regarding Salgardo.

Can anyone shed any light?

Read back through the thread a page or two - apparently there's been an official text message from the club about him.

I have been recently in conversation with a friend of mine who is in contact with a Spanish coach and am told tht Selgado is in very good condition and could play at least another two years in the top flight!!

just out of interest!

I have been recently in conversation with a friend of mine who is in contact with a Spanish coach and am told tht Selgado is in very good condition and could play at least another two years in the top flight!!

just out of interest!

:lol: ................................ :mellow:

On Salgado, Sam says he will do a similar role to that of Hierro when he was at Bolton.

After signing him, that will be it.

Where have you seen anything about Sam still signing Salgado? there is nothing in that link in your post above. Also this bit about the Hierro role?

The 11 o'clocker is a bit early...but got some things to do...

SALGADO...Sam very bullish on this one...including a funny reference to 'someone taking his picture in the Northcote Manor'...basically telling chairman to sign him and giving him a real build-up...quite brilliant management I thought...don't sulk, put the onus on the chairman...fair play to the gaffer on that one...no fool.

WARNOCK...no proper bid yet...no need to sell to buy in Sam's eyes...but that one isn't over yet.

ROTHEN...more off than on I think.

CAPOUE...a lot more off than on I think.

VAN DER MEYDE...at training...great spot from the eagle-eyed unleaded on that one.

The politics and the arguments over money are going on behind the scenes, but a victory for the manager's ability to handle a crisis today. Impressed with that display.

just out of interest!

:lol: ................................ :mellow:

I just dont understand such a silly comment, I do know my friend to have close links with the guy in Spain!!

The 11 o'clocker is a bit early...but got some things to do...

SALGADO...Sam very bullish on this one...including a funny reference to 'someone taking his picture in the Northcote Manor'...basically telling chairman to sign him and giving him a real build-up...quite brilliant management I thought...don't sulk, put the onus on the chairman...fair play to the gaffer on that one...no fool.

WARNOCK...no proper bid yet...no need to sell to buy in Sam's eyes...but that one isn't over yet.

ROTHEN...more off than on I think.

CAPOUE...a lot more off than on I think.

VAN DER MEYDE...at training...great spot from the eagle-eyed unleaded on that one.

The politics and the arguments over money are going on behind the scenes, but a victory for the manager's ability to handle a crisis today. Impressed with that display.

Thanks Nicko, does that mean that Sam doesn't want to sell Warnock then

I am not happy that what little money we have left is being spent on a player and position that is not a priority.

Nicko are we looking at central midfield players or does Sam think that Salgado will play there?

Archived